Microfire Warrior III service?

N2B8

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

My Microfire seems to do a single flicker when being depress. Does anyone else had that problem? The light would not turn on. I have recharge the battery and it still does a single flicker thing. It is like a burst of light that last not even a second. Could the lamp be broken? Do you know who services Microfire flashlights in the USA.

Thanks,

n2b8

Norm

Retired Administrator
Moved to:spotlights and HID
Norm

Thanks coolmeester, too early in the morning for me :)

Last edited:

B789

Newly Enlightened
N2B8, I had the same problem with my K2 battery though it was very well used!.
It went away when I replaced it with the longer 3000mah K3 battery. The lamp was not the issue in my case.
Replacement parts are getting very hard to find as they seem to be discontinued?
Good luck.

N2B8

Newly Enlightened
N2B8, I had the same problem with my K2 battery though it was very well used!.
It went away when I replaced it with the longer 3000mah K3 battery. The lamp was not the issue in my case.
Replacement parts are getting very hard to find as they seem to be discontinued?
Good luck.

UPDATE!!

Thanks B789 for the response.

Rita Tan was the Microfire represenative that I contacted and she emailed me

Randy Bell
Production Manager
Inside sales & customer Service

Phoebus Manufacturing ~ PhoebusTactical
2800 Third Street
San Francisco, CA. 94107
415 550 1177 Ext. 119 . 415 550 2655 Fax
http://www.phoebus.com/ ~ http://www.phoebustactical.com

ADVENTURE WITH LIGHT

Randy has been VERY, VERY helpful in troubleshooting my flashlight. He suspected the battery wasn't fully charging and offered to look at it. After assessing the Microfire III his was correct. Randy has been very professional, good communications and very prompt with the email. I would recommend anyone with a Micorfire Flashlight with any issues to contact him.

N2B8

B789

Newly Enlightened
Excellent mate. A good result!
Hopefully the parts for our K3500R's will still be available to us for the foreseeable future.
Many thanks for the reference to Phoebus.

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
Found this post doing a search. My Microfire K3500R is doing the same thing as above. I contacted Mike at Phobeus and I have a new battery on the way. Maybe bringing this post back up will help someone else with a dyeing K3500R. :twothumbs

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
And maybe it´s best to get a K2R from Microfire. That´s a battery case for the Warrior lights you can use your own 18650 rechargeables (3x). The hard part though seems to be able to obtain one :)

Eric

Davekan

Newly Enlightened
I may take my battery case apart, and try to replace the cells myself. The old cells are now useless.

Dave

Last edited:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
And maybe it´s best to get a K2R from Microfire. That´s a battery case for the Warrior lights you can use your own 18650 rechargeables (3x). The hard part though seems to be able to obtain one :)

Eric

I have personally witnessed that the K3500R lights are noticeably less bright with this loose-18650-pack compare to larger microfire packs. I guess most 18650s don't supply a high enough voltage. Unfortunately I don't recall which 18650s we used...

BVH

Flashaholic
Are the Microfire ballasts not regulated? If so, the above info would make sense but if they are regulated, either it's on with full brightness or it's off.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The K3500 output drops about 25% over it's run-time. They have some sort of regulation by default, just not very good regulation...kind of like the old WE Boxer 24W that got dimmer as the battery was depleted. The Microfire has become notorious for battery packs going dead and ballast failure, with my own K3500 suffering both of these failures.

I think the old K3500 Pack is 3s2p with low capacity 17500 (not completely certain) cells. A 3 x 18650 pack with good 3400mah cells should at least match the runtime of the old battery if not exceed it. If the light is run at or above 11.7V there shouldn't be a noticeable decrease in output between the old pack and the new 18650 carrier. Easy to verify with a light meter. The ballast doesn't care about the cells or how the voltage is attained, it only cares about the voltage. Below 11.7V there's noticeable output fall off though, according to the meter. That being the case, I don't know why the carrier would cause it to be less bright unless it's got really high resistance for some reason.

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
The K3500 output drops about 25% over it's run-time. They have some sort of regulation by default, just not very good regulation...kind of like the old WE Boxer 24W that got dimmer as the battery was depleted. The Microfire has become notorious for battery packs going dead and ballast failure, with my own K3500 suffering both of these failures.

I think the old K3500 Pack is 3s2p with low capacity 17500 (not completely certain) cells. A 3 x 18650 pack with good 3400mah cells should at least match the runtime of the old battery if not exceed it. If the light is run at or above 11.7V there shouldn't be a noticeable decrease in output between the old pack and the new 18650 carrier. Easy to verify with a light meter. The ballast doesn't care about the cells or how the voltage is attained, it only cares about the voltage. Below 11.7V there's noticeable output fall off though, according to the meter. That being the case, I don't know why the carrier would cause it to be less bright unless it's got really high resistance for some reason.

Patriot,

How did you know your ballast was going out? Right now if I charge mine up and click the button the light will only flash and not light up. I can click it several times fast and it will light. Now when the battery is about half drained the light will light up every time on the first click. What are your thoughts?

HIDSGT

Enlightened

where wud be the best place to get a replacement battery?

n2deep

Newly Enlightened
This is where I just ordered mine. Cool people to deal with and they shipped really fast. The new battery fixed the problem I was having with the light not starting on the first strike. Now it works perfect again.

Phoebus Manufacturing ~ PhoebusTactical
2800 Third Street
San Francisco, CA. 94107
415 550 1177 Ext. 119 . 415 550 2655 Fax
http://www.phoebus.com/ ~ http://www.phoebustactical.com