With Lummi's unavailable what lights are you now considering?

flip

Enlightened
Since new Lummi lights are almost impossible to come by these days, what lights will you buy? What lights do you feel are comparable to the Wee or RAW?

do15

Newly Enlightened
Probably Muyshondt Aeon would be comparable to RAW. No personal experience, but have heard good things about the lights and the maker.
http://www.muyshondt.net/aeon.shtml
I would be very, very interested to know alternatives to Wee. Rob's problems aside, Wee is a fantastic little light.

helios123

Enlightened
Steve ku's 38dd is around these days. It uses the same battery as the wee (10180). If you missed the run look for it in BST or wait for another run (im not sure about this though)

fugleebeast

Newly Enlightened
After finally getting my money back from Rob, I bought a 38DD and couldn't be happier with it. Steve says that he's planning another run but I'm not sure what the time frame is.

archimedes

Flashaholic
The really tiny lights are a bit of a niche market, and they are a fairly diverse lot. There are a couple others that haven't been mentioned in this thread yet, though they certainly aren't exactly equivalent to the others listed.

I carry a Peak ShastaX that runs on a (NiMH) N-cell. It might not be in current production, but RMSK may still have some stock.

The Klarus X5 runs on AAAA ("quad-A"), and appears to be pretty small. I believe that this is in stock at Going Gear.

I don't know the production status of JiL right now, but I recently found a TWOJ (CR2) for sale, and this is a great little torch.

For custom makers, Photon Fanatic also made the La Petite that ran on an SR44 button cell. I don't think that this is currently in production, though.

flip

Enlightened
For my smaller lights, I have 3 RAWs and a Wee. I also have an older JiL DD. I tried one of the new Ti JiLs but just didn't care for it. I have tried a few Nitecore EZs but they just don't have that "feel" to them. I'm thinking I need to try something by Muyshondt.

fyrstormer

Banned
The lights that are most directly comparable to Lummi's offerings are the Muyshondt Aeon and the Peak Eiger. I own both and they're both great lights, even if not as drop-dead sexy as the Raw and the Wee.

flip

Enlightened
I'm waiting on a CR2 Ion to arrive. I stumbled upon a mint condition one for sale. I can't wait to try it out!

Last edited:

sappyg

Enlightened
meh... since i already have a RAW i dropped by yesterday thinking to add a WEE. now not so much. i think i may just go with a preon I and call it good. i'm also thinking that i could replace my malfunctioning lighthound button cell torch cheaper than i can buy replacement batteries locally.
i could change my mind if i could find a torch with the right (neutral) tint.
what's the word on those Drake lights? still in production? gonna do a search on the Peak Eiger tonight.

Last edited:

hazna

Enlightened
meh... since i already have a RAW i dropped by yesterday thinking to add a WEE. now not so much. i think i may just go with a preon I and call it good. i'm also thinking that i could replace my malfunctioning lighthound button cell torch cheaper than i can buy replacement batteries locally.
i could change my mind if i could find a torch with the right (neutral) tint.
what's the word on those Drake lights? still in production? gonna do a search on the Peak Eiger tonight.

The drake is no longer in production. If you get one second hand, you may be able to send it back to the maker for them the change the LED to a warm/neutral tint (will cost you though). I have a neutral tint 38DD for sale on the custom BST marketplace.

flip

Enlightened
I found a TI RAW for sale and bought it. I've been wanting one for a long time and just could not resist. Maybe I shouldn't worry about other lights. 4 RAWs and a Wee should be enough for a while.

Ways

Newly Enlightened
Peak Eiger 10180 SS is a close contender and i have been wearing one on a SS lanyard around my neck for around six months now, but every once in a while (just about every time i use it) i realise the Eiger is simply a placeholder until i get a Wee SS :D

Death's Head

Enlightened
I just bought a Klarus AAAA myself. I like the form factor better when on my keyring. I prefer the thinner profile over a shorter fatter for factor.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously considering a McGizmo Haiku Hi-CRI. I've got my Lummis for twisty key-chain duty, looking for something to fulfil a similar role to my LumensFactory modified Surefire E1e albeit with better runtime. Got to convince 'er indoors that the McGizmo is worth it counting shipping costs and VAT.