Communication

DJW

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I'm a new member on this side of CPF and live in the UK. I have a nice collection of production lights (bought a few from you guys) and wanted to buy my first custom

I placed an order on Mac's website last week for an SST-50 EDC 6500, 2.8a and payed in full with Paypal, emailed him about upgrading shipping to insured and could he confirm my order and time scale.....but no response.
I know he 's a busy guy fulfilling everybody's orders but he has replied to posts on here since I placed my order.

Am I panicing unnecessarily!!!

faco

Enlightened
Mate, I felt the same when I ordered my first light from Mac but don't worry he will get back to you. He is a busy man for sure (I'm waiting for 2 lights myself) and just don't think about the order anymore.

Still, looking forward to the Parcell :devil:

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
DJW- The highly creative and talented builders we have here come from all walks of life and all have different ways of doing business. Some wait until they have all the parts and pieces necessary for builds on hand before making an offering, some do their own machine work a few at a time as orders come in, and some are one-off custom builders. Mac is one of the best, and although there is a wait, you'll be fine. When you do open the package for the first time, you'll forget all about whether it took a week or a month, trust me. :)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you receive any confirmation or acknowledgement of your order?

He placed an order on 5/19
He then sent an E-Mail on 5/23 asking about upgrading to EMS shipping
He posted this post on 5/24
I responded to him on 5/24

Guys I'm a one man show and would love to answer E-Mails and question in real time but sometimes I get days or even a week behind. I had more orders than I expected when I started my webite but I'm almost caught up and hope to have a 1 day turn around time on E-Mails and a 1 week turn around on orders very soon. Also I *DO NOT* confirm orders after they have been placed but it appears I might have to. Thanks to the people who have my back :) You guys are great!

Thanks Mac

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
I have no iron in this fire, but I think sending an order confirmation email would be quite helpful -- tedious, but helpful. Otherwise there's no indication that an actual human has been notified that an order was placed, and given the way data tends to leak out of the Internet like a sieve, people get understandably edgy about it.

One thing that might work is configuring your email program to automatically send a Read Receipt when you look at your emails. It will let people know you've seen the orders they've placed.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paypal does send an order confirmation. The same type of receipt that you receive when you order from any online store, with order date, price, qty, and what you ordered. This was the whole reason why I started a website so there where no order errors as people had to pick an exact configuration.

I also have another issue with someone right now that placed an order knowing there would be an 8 week waite at the time and after 6 weeks files a Paypal Dispute without even contacting me, and hasn't responded to an E-Mail I sent days ago.

Mac

Last edited:

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
I also have another issue with someone right now that placed an order knowing there would be an 8 week waite at the time and after 6 weeks files a Paypal Dispute without even contacting me, and hasn't responded to an E-Mail I sent days ago.

Mac

Thats a shame Mac. There's always at least one bad apple. Keep up the good work!

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have always had good luck with Mac. He always comes through with some of the nicest builds out there.

GLOCK18

Enlightened
Having completed over a dozen transition with 100% satisfaction, and one super cool custom in the mail its always worth the wait, we need to remember he is a one man show and would rather have him behind the lathe them responding to email straight away. Just my 2 cents.

DJW

Newly Enlightened
I've had a reply from Mac and that's all I needed and am happy to wait for delivery, it was just the not knowing after a few days of making payment in full that my order had been recognised. The automated reply from paypal just shows you sent money to somebody and not that they have seen it.
I was basically panicking, I know he's a good guy, and can't wait to received my first custom light. Thanks for all you comments

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Just some advice from someone who has run his own business for almost 20 years. I sometimes get swamped, like you with requests, some for prints, or image transmissions which may be from clients, or worldwide news services.

If I am busy, I just a send reply that says "Confirmed" and nothing else.

You are lucky that your customers do not need it the same day...ours need it immediately, or it is of no value. Sometimes my deadline may be are less than an hour depending on the event. They (Editor's) Don't stop to think I cannot travel with my archives, if my agents in New York or Paris do not have it.

Sometimes I have go to my off site climate-controlled negative archive storage, find the year, the event, loupe the neg's or slides, find it, scan it, CC, and transmit. And they want it NOW!

Just be glad you Don't have to travel, and have people want you to do all this on far away time zones. The other thing is to get an intern from the local community college, who in your case, has a desire to work with metal, and machining, let them do the little things.

I understand that if certain people send you an E-mail, text or leave a VM, and you do not respond overnight, they can be enraged. Quickly, and easy.

I learned this trick from a well known publicist who works in H'Wood in the motion picture and television industries, and am passing it along.

Best wishes,

NR

Last edited:

Loomin

Newly Enlightened
I personally have read enough customer feedback to know that i'm not gonna get screwed, so i don't need a confirmation e-mail, i'm just curious as to how the information is shared. For instance, i paid in full and at no point did i have to give a name, number, shipping address, etc. I'm guessing from the responses that this is normal at first? I'll just wait until i'm asked. I know for a fact i would rather the product be worked on and get it sooner than having to answer e-mails all day.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally have read enough customer feedback to know that i'm not gonna get screwed, so i don't need a confirmation e-mail, i'm just curious as to how the information is shared. For instance, i paid in full and at no point did i have to give a name, number, shipping address, etc. I'm guessing from the responses that this is normal at first? I'll just wait until i'm asked. I know for a fact i would rather the product be worked on and get it sooner than having to answer e-mails all day.

Typically all orders get shipped to the Paypal confirmed address which is included with your payment. If any of this information is missing then an E-Mail would be sent prior to shipping to obtain the shipping information.

Kromanm sorry for the delay I was away last week.

Mac

Thanks Mac

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, please check your email and PMs. I've been trying to alert you of a change of address for shipping my 3300L. My email was sent on the 13th and I sent a PM a couple of days ago.

A progress report on my light would be nice too! :)

Thanks.

mikegebbia

Newly Enlightened
Mac,

Same with me, check your E-Mail.....I know your busy, but had a question about pricing to Cerakote my light which is probably ready to ship, wanted to
get this info from you before then...

Thanks

Mike Gebbia

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, please check your email and PMs. I've been trying to alert you of a change of address for shipping my 3300L. My email was sent on the 13th and I sent a PM a couple of days ago.

A progress report on my light would be nice too! :)

Thanks.

Check your junk folder I replied to your questions days ago.

Sorry Mac