Jetbeam        

Thread: Alpine Design tent/utility llight.

Default Alpine Design tent/utility llight.

I went to Big 5 today with their $10 off coupon sent in the mail, and saw an Alpine Design tent/utility light for $12.99. It hangs from the ceiling from a caribiner, uses 3 AA cells, and has one Cree LED, and another small Cree "night light" LED. There is a diffuser which slides back and forth between the two LED's. Runtime on the larger Cree was stated as 10hrs/50hrs on the Cree, and 150 hrs on the night light. Has anybody seen this or any reviews on it?
    Last edited by Turbo DV8; 05-31-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Technical details update

Default Re: Alpine Design tent/utility llight.

I bought it, so here's some input. The main Cree LED has a bit of a violet tint. Brightness is not remarkable. The diffuser is rather redundant for the main LED, as the lens under the diffuser already is already frosted. The diffuser works to better effect on the nightlight, which casts a yellow/orange color. For $3 it's a no-brainer, but it won't get grabbed for a tenting trip before my Rayovac 3AA sportsman extreme lantern, which blows this one away when hung upside down with globe off.