• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Anyone try the momentary switch with the QTC yet?

Death's Head

Enlightened
I've read from Curt and a few others that it could be done by some how removing the secondary spring and placing a small piece of the QTC material in there somewhere, and maybe adding a washer somewhere as well.
Dumdum is working out on how this could be done, so maybe we can help move this along and work out the details.

MWClint

Enlightened
Here's one method for a standard keychain body with a qtc and momentary. used a nail with a head on it that fit snugly into the brass momentary.
cut it down to size so that the nail+qtc is sitting below the top of the foam spacer. remove the brass nub and spring from the momentary and
replace it with the nail/qtc. qtc stays in place due to the foam spacer.
the brass nub itself wasnt high enough to use with the qtc alone, so replacing it with a cut down nail got it done.

peakqtcmomentary.png

twisting the head still works to set a light level with this method. a nice feature is to twist the head so that it activates the
qtc on a lower level. push momentary for burst high...and release to go back to low.

Last edited:

Death's Head

Enlightened
I will be ordering a QTC Eiger and QTC Logan when they come out, and I have some momentary switches coming in as well. How do I go about making the momentary switches to work?

Curt R

Enlightened
We are shipping about 60+ QTC Logans to RMSK on Monday, 30 May
and some QTC Eigers. The Logans will be in HA, Brass and SS. All will
be knurled, and include Key Ring types, pockets, and some 17500 battery
styles made for the AW protected Lithium-Ion size. The 17500 is a
great battery for this light as the QTC allows for very low output to
max output and very good run time while increasing the overall length
of the light by only 0.6 inches, (15 mm), over that of the CR123 size.
The 17500 is also the same length as a 14500 Lithium-Ion battery and
a standard AA Alkaline battery.

We will also include some Momentary switches modified to work with
the QTC bodies.

Curt