Storacell
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Default Re: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Calipsoii, just wanted to let you know that I have received my LED ring. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet
    but I will test it this weekend. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yowzer View Post
    Showed up in the mailbox today. My old style 4-flats A2 with a fivemega Strion socket and now a calipsoii ring makes for a very nice pimped out light. Gonna take it camping tonight, but I can already tell the new ring is going to be great. Dimmer, but the tint is so much nicer than the stock blue^W white...
    Glad to hear you like it yowzer! I do wish the LED's were a tiny bit brighter, but they're fine for most close tasks and the tint is definitely my favorite from a 5mm. Have fun on your camping trip!

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    Calipsoii, just wanted to let you know that I have received my LED ring. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet
    but I will test it this weekend. Thanks.
    Thanks for letting me know elnino, it's always a relief to hear from people when the rings start arriving. Give it a spin this weekend and let me know what you think!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    Glad to hear you like it yowzer! I do wish the LED's were a tiny bit brighter, but they're fine for most close tasks and the tint is definitely my favorite from a 5mm. Have fun on your camping trip!
    Oh, I'm not complaining about the output.... in fact, if I could afford it right now, I'd pick up another A2 and a red/yellow-green multimode ring for some serious dim lighting. The WW gets washed out whenever there's any ambient lighting, but in actual darkness, it's more than bright enough for seeing in a tent or around camp. And it just goes so well with the incandescent high beam... so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by smcharchan View Post
    Calipsoii, this is my order for a multi-mode ring with 1x Red and 2x Warm White LEDs. I will send payment via PayPal upon receipt of your PM.

Great job making an awesome light even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by LightJunk View Post
    Hi Mike,

I would like another one Single Mode Warm White please. PM me your PP info when ready.

Thanks.
    LJ
    Hey guys, I haven't forgotten about you, just been busy. Got a chance to get most of the heavy lifting done on your rings today, so they won't take long to finish up.

Quote Originally Posted by yowzer View Post
    .... in fact, if I could afford it right now, I'd pick up another A2 and a red/yellow-green multimode ring for some serious dim lighting. ....
    That RD/YG does sound like an excellent combo -

I'm still really enjoying my RD/BL and CY/AM, these rings just make the A2 so much more versatile....
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Flashaholic

Is this still open? I am sort of fed up with waiting months for my onion rings from koala, so this will have to do.

Thanks!

@cyberspyder: Although the design of these are slightly different than the koala onion rings, they are absolutely top-notch and easily comparable in quality (speaking as someone who has both types...).

@calipsoii: I don't know if it may be too late for you to edit the title of your thread here, but (IMHO) calling these "Homemade" at this point seems far too modest - how about "Custom Hand-Crafted" instead ? -
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Quote Originally Posted by LightJunk View Post
    Hi Mike,

I would like another one Single Mode Warm White please. PM me your PP info when ready.

Thanks.
    LJ
    Lightjunk, your ring went out this evening. smcharchan, your PM has been sent!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspyder View Post
    Is this still open? I am sort of fed up with waiting months for my onion rings from koala, so this will have to do.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    @calipsoii: I don't know if it may be too late for you to edit the title of your thread here, but (IMHO) calling these "Homemade" at this point seems far too modest - how about "Custom Hand-Crafted" instead ? -
    Thanks for the kind words archimedes! For this run I'll probably just leave the thread title as is, but the next thread will get a different one for sure. By this point, I think anyone who's interested already knows what I'm all about.

Hello,
    I'd like to purchase the following:
    • 1 x Warm White: $22USD (in stock)
    • $7 shipping
    • $29 total

Please send PP info and I'll send Payment ASAP. Thanks!

-Rich

Received my first WW ring in excellent condition. Super fast shipping too. 10 days to reach me. I love it.

Thanks for me making this. Can't wait for my second one.

Flashaholic

1 x Single Mode Warm White shipped to Markham, Ontario please!

Thanks, Brendan

Flashaholic

Hi Mike,

I would like one Single Mode Warm White please.

Thanks. Keith

The first snow of the season means it's a good day to stay inside...

... and work on LED rings!

PM's have been sent!

RichS and springnr, your rings went out this morning!

Hello Mike,

ring arrived today, I was starting to cold sweat it took 3 entire weeks to arrive at my door, a big to italian customs!

Fantastic work Mike, high quality craftmanship

Thank you!

Hi Mike:
    I was one of the many who was stiffed by Atomic Chicken and have now been on a list for over a year for Kaola's onion ring. I just stumbled on to this thread and was excited to see that I may finally be able to mod my A2!

I would like a single mode, warm white ring ($22 plus $7 shipping = $29). I will await your instructions.

Thanks!

Dave

I'd like to order 1 x single mode warm white ring. Please let me know when to send payment.

Take care,

Stephen

Edit: Payment sent. Thanks Mike.
    Last edited by st_burt; 11-29-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Hi, I would like to order a White Sureire A2 LED ring. I can pay by PayPal. Do I order here? I used the blue LED when I was in the military. Now that I am retired From the service I want to shift to white in order to get better use from this great flashlight. Thanks

Hi, I would like to order a White Sureire A2 LED ring. I can pay by PayPal. Do I order here? I used the blue LED when I was in the military. Now that I am retired From the service I want to shift to white in order to get better use from this great flashlight. Thanks

Juggler1, you've returned! I had a warm white ring all made for you but you disappeared.

There is a 3 post minimum before you can receive a private message. Can you post one more time in this thread just saying something like "ok" so that I can PM you my PayPal address when your ring is complete?

Thanks!

The latest batch of rings has been completed and PM's have been sent!

PayPal sent, Mike.

Thanks!

DDS and Juggler1, your rings have been shipped!

Mike, thanks for the super fast service! After having been screwed twice in the past by forumites (pre-pay services) and on backorder for over a year on another, this has been a great experience.

Thanks for restoring my faith!

Dave

Mike,

I received my 3 x WW ring a couple of weeks ago. Now, when my head is calm :-), I can say the A2 si my most used flashlight again (in the company of some significantly more expensive flashlights) - with 1 led set to almost lowest level, 3 leds set to max and ramping locked (great feature) the A2 is very versatile.

Some thoughts:
    During the weeks I learned I have almost no use for the mid settings of whatever number of leds (I use either low or high settings). Next, the low low settings of 1 and 2 leds are almost identical but the max setting of 3 leds compared to 2 leds is a noticable improvement to my eyes. And finally, to switch from low (1 led on low) to high (3 leds on max) is a lot of clicking. I tried to turn the 3 leds mode off and set 2 leds on max but I missed the highest output of 3 leds. So, what I want to say is that the perfect ring (for my uses, i.e. all leds of one color and either very low or very high settings only) would have only 2 modes instead of 3 where one mode would be 3 leds (3 leds set to max and the other mode (1 or 2 leds) set to low). Or in other words, I would prefer to have the possibility to turn either 1 or 2 leds mode off and have 3 leds mode accessible in whatever set-up.

The proportion of the 2 paragraphs above doesn't do justice to how happy I am with the ring in its current state. I just wanted to give you some feedback, hope you don't mind ;-).

Thanks a lot

Filip

mat_the_cat and st_burt, your rings have been shipped!

Of course I don't mind the feedback Filip, I always want to hear from people on what could be improved/changed. You make some really valid points that I'll keep in mind in case the firmware gets revisited.

Thanks!

A few pages back there was a post by ShaoFuTzer saying that now he could finally buy and A2 - that is the exact same boat I was in. Stock A2 struck me as interesting, but only as a toy for me, therefore no interest.
    Calipsoii A2 - absolute must have and I only wish there were a 1 cell version of this light, although I guess that's kind of pushing things with the incan bulb in there.

Still, with the programmability, ultra-low level capability and attention to detail, I hope it's not long before you start to offer some LED light replacement boards. I want an LS20 with this capability and you're pricing is about as fair as it could be. I wouldn't want to see them selling at a price that you couldn't afford to keep making them at because these are such an essential item that you may even want to talk to a factory about making them globally available, then buy stock in Surefire!

You've also got Archimedes to thank for letting me know this was available.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Mike, I just got the A2 ring this afternoon. I love it. It only took me a couple minutes to get it in my A2. The quality of the ring is very impressive. I've been following your project since you posted your first prototype, and you've come a long way since then. I might just have to get another A2 so I can try out one of your three mode rings.

I think my A2 is as good as it could possibly be right now, with your ring, FiveMega's Strion kit, and a delrin tailstanding bezel, running on 2 x IMR 16340s.

Anyway, thanks so much for undertaking this project. People like you make CPF an awesome place.

Take care,

Stephen

Thanks very much Stephen, glad to hear it arrived safe and that you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    To order, just post in this thread with what you'd like made. I'll get it created and then fire you a PM with my PayPal information when it's completed.
    For now I'll go ahead and take a warm white multi-mode ring. Thanks and I can't wait to transform my A2!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast