The Fenix-Store
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Default Re: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    For now I'll go ahead and take a warm white multi-mode ring. Thanks and I can't wait to transform my A2!
    You're in luck! I baked an extra multi-mode ring during the last batch in case something went wrong, so this one was super fast to assemble. Your PM has been sent!

Also, I must sadly report that my very first A2 is starting to show signs of wear with the 100+ rings I've put through it. Went to test KD's ring and it didn't work when I twisted the tailcap, but did when I pressed it. A quick examination inside revealed the cause:

Normal tailcap spring (hovering over it's copper pad)

Hmm...

Think SF will send me another tailcap if I ask nicely?

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    You're in luck! I baked an extra multi-mode ring during the last batch in case something went wrong, so this one was super fast to assemble. Your PM has been sent!
    So that one's mine? Can't wait to try it out and get the levels all properly adjusted!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    So that one's mine? Can't wait to try it out and get the levels all properly adjusted!
    Sure is, just shipped it out. Let me know what you think when it arrives.

Hi - I would like to order a single mode amber ring. I am conus. send me a pm with your paypal info. thanks

dbleznak
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dbleznak View Post
    Hi - I would like to order a single mode amber ring. I am conus. send me a pm with your paypal info. thanks
    PM sent! As mentioned in the PM, here are a couple little shots of the finished product:

On an unrelated note, I've been shopping around for a nice neutral-white 5mm for another project, so I figured since I already have the camera out...

These are my favorites so far: Cree C513A-MSN-CW0Y0511 (tint bin W5, M1). They vary from 4600k to 5600k. The 4600's aren't very pretty and suffer from a noticeable yellow corona. The 5000k specimens are actually pretty easy on the eyes. Nothing like we've come to expect from an XP-G, but for a 5mm, they're not bad.

[LEFT] Nichia warm white [CENTER] Cree neutral-white [RIGHT] Nichia GS cool-white

Nichia WW

Cree NW

Nichia GS

Same order as above:

Anyways, just figured some of you might get a kick out of the pictures. I haven't tried them in an A2 ring yet, so I can't really comment on how they look. They're cooler than the incan bulb but have none of the blue of the stock LED's, so I might make a ring out of them one day just to see what it looks like. I'll post here when that happens.

Cheers!

Wow, that Cree NW 5000K looks great ! (especially for a 5mm LED)

I am still really enjoying my amber (+cyan) ring, too

Thanks for posting these new photos ....
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Flashaholic

My warm white single mode arrived today, very well packaged and only 15 days delivery to the UK. Very happy with the quality, tint (a shade warmer than the incan bulb but very close) and also the output. It's brighter than the green (or green/yellow, not sure?) original ring and a useful level for walking around with inside or outside.

Yesterday early morning (when it's still quite dark here where I live) my 2.5 yrs old daughter crawled into our bed with a book of tales and asked me to read her a fairy story. Being of gentle heart I turned my wife's SC51c on to read her but she interrupted me: I want the sunny-shine one (difficult to translate as it was ungrammatical). So I produced my A2 with a 3 x WW multimode ring from under the pillow and could proceed... She is used to the tint because I use the A2 every evening while reading her.

Sorry for the OT but I wanted to let you know your ring is THAT good :-)
    Last edited by Filip; 12-19-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks Filip!

Are there currently any UV rings in stock? I'd love one if so. Please let me know! Thanks!
    SureFires: C2 1000lumen | A2L-HA-BK | 6P M61HCRI
    HDS Rotary (Tactical UI)
    Solarforce L2 XR-E Aspheric

Anymore of the multimode warm white left for a late comer here? I am interested in one.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Anymore of the multimode warm white left for a late comer here? I am interested in one.
    I need another one too! Got another A2 on the way...
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I need a multimode warm white too!!! Love the A2 look forward to this upgrade!

You bet there are! It's been too bloody cold out the last few days to use my toaster oven, so the multimode rings will have to wait until it's a bit warmer before I can build them.

In the meantime, I've completed tlyon1022's single mode UV ring. Decided to photograph the process, so if anyone is interested in how these things come together, click the picture below!

Warning: Pic Heavy Thread

So are there going to be more color options in the near future then?

Those neutral and WW 5mm's look great, and I plan to order one of these very soon.
    Last edited by brandocommando; 01-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Hi, I would like to have the following rings:

one single mode Warm White
    one single mode Deep Red
    one single mode Amber
    one multi-mode with (2 x Warm White) + (1 x Deep Red)

Thanks so much

I would like a multi-mode UV ring please! I'll be careful

I want a multi mode warm white. Shipping to Singapore.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

I want a multi mode warm white. Shipping to Singapore.
    No problem! This batch of rings has taken a lot longer than it normally takes me, so I apologize to everyone who's waiting. I've spent all my evenings this week dealing with a lot of stressful stuff that's suddenly come up, so there hasn't been any free time to sit down and work on them.

Saturday's shaping up to be a good day for some soldering though.

Take your time. I don't need it urgently. I would rather you get things done right. Cheers!

No problem! This batch of rings has taken a lot longer than it normally takes me, so I apologize to everyone who's waiting.
    I am in no hurry either, so take your time

hi,
    I'd like to take one Single Mode Warm White (Nichia NSPL500DS, 22000mcd, 15 degree, ~3300K)
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bojujuju View Post
    I would like a multi-mode UV ring please! I'll be careful
    Bojujuju, I cannot PM you since you have less than 3 posts on CPF. To confirm: you would like a completely UV (1UV/2UV) multi-mode ring, right?

Edit: 90% complete now, just need springs and a couple diodes!
    Last edited by calipsoii; 01-07-2012 at 08:41 PM.

I need 2 Homemade SF A2 Aviator LED Ring please...

1 multimode with (2) NEW! 5000K Neutral White led's, and (1) Deep Red led please.

1 singlemode with 3 NEW! 5000K Neutral White led's please.

For the neutral led's I would prefer towards the warmer side if that's not too much trouble.

Thanks calipsoii!

S
    o many colors to choose from!
    Last edited by brandocommando; 01-09-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Is there 5000k neutral white available? Where did I miss that? Anyway, I will order one more later if I manage to score another A2.

Is there 5000k neutral white available? Where did I miss that? Anyway, I will order one more later if I manage to score another A2.
    I'm going to whip up a single-mode ring with the neutral Cree's on it in the next couple days and post some beamshots. I've been meaning to do it for a while so now's a good time. My personal feeling is that the warm white Nichia's are a better fit in the A2 because of the incan bulb. These are cool enough that when you drop down from bulb to LED, you get the "angry blue" effect even though they're not that cool white. I'd like to see it in action first though, so I'll post here as soon as the tester ring is complete.

Don't worry, I think you'll like the warm white Nichia's - I tried a LOT of different 5mm's before finding them. They put out a tint that really needs to be seen in person. For walking around my dark house at night, these are my absolute favorite emitter, beating out even my HCRI Haiku.

Please make me up a warm white, single mode. Thanks,

Bill

Don't worry, I think you'll like the warm white Nichia's - I tried a LOT of different 5mm's before finding them. They put out a tint that really needs to be seen in person. For walking around my dark house at night, these are my absolute favorite emitter, beating out even my HCRI Haiku.
    I have no particular preference. I am happy with warm white as well as neutral so yeah, warm it is for me this time round.

This latest batch is complete and they're ready to go home. PM's have been sent!
    - bojujuju I sent you a PM with a question about your multimode UV ring
    - bgogo, you only have 1 post on CPF so I can't PM you. If you can post in this thread 2 more times (even like "ok" & "thanks" or something) then I'll get my PayPal info fired off to you.

For anyone who's placed an order in the last few days, your rings are up next. A bunch of the warm white LED's in this batch had a nasty blue/brown tint thing going on so I chucked them. This means I ran out early. Don't worry though, more are in the mail!

One of mine is amongst the pile there? Heehee.. PayPal sent Mike. Thanks!

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 LastLast