NiteFighter
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Default Re: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Quote Originally Posted by dudemar View Post
    I should've explained it better. What I meant was when a single led on, is it possible to keep that LED off? In other words, can you pick and choose only what you want to use? In this case I only want to use the two warm whites and keep the single uv off.
    Ah, gotcha. I'm afraid not my friend. Now that you mention it though, that does make sense for a UV-equipped ring to prevent accidental activation of the UV emitter.

Your best bet with the ring you have there is probably:

a) turn the UV down as low as it'll go and set the brightness lock (if you don't mind having the warm white's locked at a certain output level) and/or
    b) put the ring into the "high click" UI by clicking 26x and then holding. That'll bump the number of presses required to switch modes up to 4. It really cuts down on accidental mode changes.

I'm jotting down the full-off suggestion for any future revisions though

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    After that I'm not completely sure, because my ring with three warm white emitters will then allow me to select another independent brightness level with all three on, but my one-red/two-warm white ring only allows the red alone or the two warm whites without the red interfering, which is how I would assume that the UV equipped ring would operate.
    If you were so inclined KD, you can click 23x and then hold. That'll give your 1RD/2WW ring a 3rd output mode, just like your 1WW/2WW. Both rings use the exact same firmware, I just enable that 3rd mode before I ship any single-color ones.

I believe I tried it with yours before I shipped it - with all 3 LED's lit the light is a little pinkish, but bearable if you were looking for absolute full-blast brightness at the cost of tint.

Flashaholic*

It's pretty awesome! I just got it this morning. I especially like the low low it can achieve, comes in really handy outside. My favorite part is the ramping. I can choose any level with my thumb! I also managed to pull a "California Republic" flag from my driver license. Very cool!
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    If you were so inclined KD, you can click 23x and then hold. That'll give your 1RD/2WW ring a 3rd output mode, just like your 1WW/2WW. Both rings use the exact same firmware, I just enable that 3rd mode before I ship any single-color ones.

I believe I tried it with yours before I shipped it - with all 3 LED's lit the light is a little pinkish, but bearable if you were looking for absolute full-blast brightness at the cost of tint.
    Thanks for the info and I'll try to play around with it tonight a bit.

Can't wait for your multi-level central emitter to be ready.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Hi all!

That little break was exactly what I needed. Making these is pretty hard on the body (especially the eyes) so a couple weeks off and I'm feeling great. I think I'll open this back up for anyone who's interested. Already got a batch of rings all cut and sanded and ready for components:

I have a small list written down - please let me know if you're no longer interested or want to change your order or whatever.

1YG/2WW - eoed
    1YG/2WW - eoed
    1NW/2NW - pjandyho
    1M RD - lys_og_varme

The rings I shipped a couple weeks ago should all have arrived at their destinations by now. If anyone didn't receive their order in the mail, please PM me and I'll get you a replacement sent out.

Thanks!

Flashaholic*

It's so tempting to get a 1WW/2WW!!!
    Last edited by dudemar; 02-18-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dudemar View Post
    It's so tempting to get a 1WW/2WW!!!
    That's my favorite too!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I admit that I have read only about half of this entire post (first 5-6 pages and the last 5-6 pages), but can someone tell me if the ordering instructions/prices/options available at the beginning of the post are current? I will read the entire thing (there is some very good info here), but it may take me some time to get through it all, reading a little at a time. In the meantime, I have a new A2 on the way, and think I know enough already to know that I want one of these, (probably SM-WW, which seems to be the best match to the incan bulb). I just don't want to order from the original post, only to find some superseding options/instructions/etc. buried somewhere in the middle that I have not read yet.

Flashaholic*

Take a look at the end of Calipsoii's very first post. Just above his sigline, the date/time stamp tells you exactly when the post was last updated. I believe his other posts indicate which rings have shipped, which haven't, etc. but that's about it. I just keep an eye on his first post and any recent posts in this thread.
    Last edited by dudemar; 02-21-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks, dudemar. I saw that, but wasn't sure that the last edit would have been to make prices, options, etc. current. I'll just use the info in the first post to make my order.

Flashaholic*

No problem justlooking.

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    The only time that both the WW and UV are lit at the same time should be if you're on the 3rd mode, and tapping the button 3x should switch you out of that mode. If that's not happening then something isn't working correctly, in which case just fire me a PM and we'll get it figured out.
    Calipsoii, PM sent.

Hi. I would like to order a Multi Mode with 1 Deep Red and 2 Warm White.

Thanks!

Hello, I'll take a yellow green, warm white, and an amber ring as per PM. Thanks so much!!

Still plunking away at this latest run and it's slowly getting there. For anyone who's waiting, thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by steve108 View Post
    Hi. I would like to order a Multi Mode with 1 Deep Red and 2 Warm White.
    No problem! It's going to be a few days at least before I can get outside to use the toaster oven. This is the table I usually do my work on:

Take your time Mike. Not urgent for me.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Yeah no worries - these look like they are worth waiting for!

Hello, I'd like to order a Single Mode Ultraviolet,
    Single Mode Cyan, and a
    Multi Mode 1x Deep Red / 2x Blue

Thank you!

Hi all!

The latest batch of rings I was working on has been completed and I've sent PM's out.

For anyone who's ordered in the last little bit, I'll be starting the next batch shortly. The multi-mode's need a trip to the toaster oven which is really a weekend thing. I'll be sure to update the thread as I go.

Looks wonderful can't wait!

Hello, I'd like to order a 1 mode Neutral White please.

Thanks!

Finally got my hands on some padded envelopes and shipped everyone's rings out this morning.

Lately my US shipments have been taking the full 10 business days to arrive (sometimes a day more) but every single one has arrived, so give them a few weeks to show up in your mailbox. If they don't arrive after that time, please let me know.

Hi all! The latest run is about 65% complete. As soon as they're done and tested I'll get PM's out.

Just a quick update, the latest run is about 90% done. They just need springs and to be tested.

This latest run has been completed and I've sent out PM's.

steve108: I can't PM you until you get 1 more post under your belt, so maybe reply back to this thread and then I'll get my PayPal info sent off to you.

Oh sorry about that. Hopefully this will fix it.

Got mine today! I'll have to admit, I'm in love with amber Sweet tint with great brightness! The warm white will come in handy for sure. Thanks again!

Hi,
    I would like to order one Single Mode Neutral White, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Per Arne View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to order one Single Mode Neutral White, thanks!
    Hi Per Arne,

Your ring has been finished and your PM has been sent.

Even after a few months, I still enjoy the look of these NW Cree LED's from the front on - they're very visually striking.

Greetings, I would like to order a multi-mode ring with 1x warm white and 2x warm white LEDs for one of my favourite lights please. Your fabulous creation will surely extend the usefulness of my A2 for years to come.

and, Thank you!

eoed and Per Arne, your rings went out this morning!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819 LastLast