Thread: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Default Re: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

Quote Originally Posted by Principia View Post
    Hello calipsoii,
    I would like to order:
    1x Single Mode Yellow/Green: $22USD
    1x Single Mode Deep Red: $22USD
    Regards
    Oh man, well it took a while, but guess what finally arrived in the mail?

That means of course that everyone who was waiting on red ones is now good to go!

I've sent PM's to everyone who was waiting. Thanks very much for your patience!

Greetings,
    WOW! I am very excited to find this forum and your product. I would like a single mode "Deep Red" ring. Thanks a million.

Hello, is this forum still active. Been ten days and no one has posted or answered my post. Sure would like to order a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by jetjockey View Post
    Greetings,
    WOW! I am very excited to find this forum and your product. I would like a single mode "Deep Red" ring. Thanks a million.
    Oh shoot, sorry jetjockey. I didn't get email notification of your post for some reason?

I have a deep red ready to go, just need to test it and get it packaged up. I'll fire you a PM in the next day or so with my PayPal info. Thanks for hanging in there.

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

--- THIS RUN IS NOW CLOSED ---

I'm going to close this run for now. I'd like to reopen it in the future but I don't know when that may be. It's getting very difficult to find a supplier for my warm white LED's and nothing else really comes close. Things are also getting pretty hectic around my household so it's not fair to make you guys wait such a long time for me to complete them.

Thank you to everyone who purchased one of my rings. I hope they serve you well!

Cheers,
    calipsoii

Damn... looks like I dropped out of the scene just a tad too long, I understand you've stopped supplying these for now, component supplier issues and how it was intruding on your personal time but I'm curious if you have any unfinished rings you'd part with allowing the end user to configure to their own tastes?
    Last edited by M@elstrom; 02-02-2013 at 03:51 AM.
    My modest collection HERE & 55w HID spotlight project HERE

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    --- THIS RUN IS NOW CLOSED ---

I'm going to close this run for now. I'd like to reopen it in the future but I don't know when that may be. It's getting very difficult to find a supplier for my warm white LED's and nothing else really comes close. Things are also getting pretty hectic around my household so it's not fair to make you guys wait such a long time for me to complete them.

Thank you to everyone who purchased one of my rings. I hope they serve you well!

Cheers,
    calipsoii
    OK, let us know if you plan any future runs of these.

If (I hope it's more of a "when") you decide to reopen for sale I'm in for at least one single mode ring. I just got my first A2 from CPFMP and find it's a fantastic user light, except the tint on the stock LEDs ranges from blue to quasi-neutral from the center to spill. I hope things at home settle and that you can resume building your custom rings.

Hi StudFreeman! You know, things are going pretty well at home! Still have a lot going on but I'm making a point of setting aside a few hours a week to fiddle with my hobbies.

I've been learning how to turn metal:

And designed a new circuit:

Which I sent to a fab house:

And turned into a wooden flashlight:

A guy's gotta have his hobbies.

Congrats on picking up an A2 on CPF Marketplace! You don't need to be told that they're an amazing light (and one of my personal favorites). Those that like them, like them a lot.

I might do another run of rings sometime in the next few months, but please don't quote me on it. I'd really like to find a nice warm-white 5mm before I do that and so far nothing has really caught my eye.

You're in luck though... koala is back and he's once again selling his Onion Rings! I don't think he ever really announced it, but I think he should because they're an awesome offering. Maybe swing by his thread and drop him a line. Otherwise I'll be certain to post here when I gather up some parts and nice LED's and sit down at the soldering station to knock out some A2 rings.

Cheers,
    - Mike

Flashaholic*

That is awesome. Looks like you're getting some good skills there and having fun at the same time. That's what it's all about!
    ampdude

Wow, please let me know specs of new circuit.

Is it buck-boost? Two voltages signs are written on the circuit. 3.3v and 1.5v.

Maybe if you make well designed circuit like your A2 circuit, it will be good items for flashlights modders!

Good luck your hobby.

I've been learning how to turn metal:
    And designed a new circuit:
    Which I sent to a fab house:

And turned into a wooden flashlight:
    Metal work practice and that driver weren't made for that wooden flashlight. It's cool, but you've got something up your sleeve.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by shrike2222 View Post
    Wow, please let me know specs of new circuit.

Is it buck-boost? Two voltages signs are written on the circuit. 3.3v and 1.5v.

Maybe if you make well designed circuit like your A2 circuit, it will be good items for flashlights modders!

Good luck your hobby.
    Thanks shrike! I'm (maybe) 10% done writing the firmware and I haven't stress-tested the unit at all yet, so I don't really want to comment on it until it's been tested. Seems pretty stable so far though.

The basic specs:
    • Vin: 0.5-6V
    • Vout: 1.5-25V(?)
    • Iout: 20mA-1.2A
    • Full current regulation
    • ~85% efficient boosting 1.5->3.3V @ 330ma
    • efficiency drops a lot when a) boosting at low current or b) bucking Vin>Vout
    • heatsinking the driver is going to be the biggest challenge - this thing gets HOT at 1.2A (hits thermal shutdown in 0.5s without heatsink)

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Metal work practice and that driver weren't made for that wooden flashlight. It's cool, but you've got something up your sleeve.

All in due time! Got a few other things going on right now that demand a fair amount of time and money...

All in due time! Got a few other things going on right now that demand a fair amount of time and money...
    [/QUOTE]Congratulations!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic

I have two A2s that want new parts. I know you still aren't open to building more rings, just letting you know there is still interest.

Quote Originally Posted by MBentz View Post
    I have two A2s that want new parts. I know you still aren't open to building more rings, just letting you know there is still interest.
    Thanks for the interest MBentz! One day I'd like to build a few more rings but I don't think that time is here quite yet. In the meantime if you're looking to swap LED's in your A2 check out koala's thread!

I too have a stock A2 with incredibly cold white LEDs, if you ever source/make warm white rings again, I'm definitely in for one. Cheers!

Thanks for the interest MBentz! One day I'd like to build a few more rings but I don't think that time is here quite yet. In the meantime if you're looking to swap LED's in your A2 check out koala's thread!
    Having a couple of your rings and one of Koala's I strongly urge anyone considering upgrading their A2 to wait or search the MarketPlace for any Calipsoii rings you may be able to find.

Too bad you're so busy right now and kudos for boosting another product in the absence of your own superior offering.

Unenlightened

Thumbs up Re: FS: Homemade Surefire A2 Aviator LED rings (2nd Run) *OPEN*

HELLO!

How's it going? This is Eric Hsieh. I'm not quite sure whether this is open for ordering so with all due respect, I'm asking anyway.

1 x Single Mode Warm White
    1 x Single Mode Deep Red

Would you be willing to ship package to Taiwan please? Thank you.

email: aquaericlala7828@gmail.com

I hope you do these again!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Long time lurker, do you have any idea in the future when you would be able to produce some more of these ? I have a original A2 that I carried and used over in afghanastn and would love to have it working in proper order once more. So far i have 1 red LED. Thanks

See post 557.

Bill

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819