Triton "Harpoon" Dive Light

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi friends,

First prototype of the Harpoon has been tested, and here you are the results.

mg8089.jpg

U-15 SSC P7 OP reflector

mg8088.jpg

Harpoon Cree XML SMO reflector.

The lux reading on the spot are 110% higher on Triton light. As you can see spill is narrower, but more than perfect for diving. The "ceiling bounce" test gave me 68% higher reading on XML.

mg8083l.jpg

U15 SSC P7

mg8084.jpg

Harpoon Cree XML

Last edited:

Pöbel

Enlightened
Re: Triton HARPOON. XML is the way to go... (pics)

Yes, unfortunately barbarin does not answer e-mails as soon as you try to actually buy the lights. Got the info, got the price.. wanted to buy.... no more replies.

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: Triton HARPOON. XML is the way to go... (pics)

I'm a little puzzled. I assume the Harpoon is the one in the middle, as Tritonequipment says in this post:

... the one in the middle is named TRITON Harpoon (XML). Javier is with us now

dsc0106wu.jpg

So... what is this light?
¯

Harpoon-2.jpg

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ██ Triton "Harpoon" Dive Light - OR IS IT REALLY A XECCON D2 ?? ██

They are, or at least they were, really Triton. They were designed in Spain by Iñigo, former Barbolight engineer, and cavedivers of Triton Espeleobuceo group. I saw them. I belong to Triton group.

At some point Iñigo came here as Tritonequipment, but later I took the responsibility of talking about the lights.

I need to carify that I received the first units. There were working great, but had some faults that needed to be fixed before we can call it a quality product.. so seriously i doubt what is being offered out there are quality products.

So, guys, trust me. Barbolight were made in Spain (they are people on this forum who visited the factory), and Triton lights were designed in Spain and made in China (this is something I didn't hide, because I wanted to be clear.

Anyway, it seems that making the whole lights in China was a bad step, BUT I would like to ask the admins to remove what they wrote on the title, because there were no hidden intentions and information, and by far all the lighst were introduced here before it was possible to find them anywhere.

I will try to get more information about what happened on this. In my opinion this is not a case of reverse engineering, because they were not units for sale, so definetively, the original drawings get out of the factory and went to another. The lights were supposed to be made in Shenzhen and those are being made in Guandong (not that far)

Tritonequipment: Iñigo, former engineer of Barbolight.

Xeccon. No idea about who are they. Unfortunately is too late right now in China, and there is no way to contact them. I hope to have information by tomorrow morning and update.

Last edited:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would be nice and fair to see some of the accusations made here removed, as long as it has been perfectly proven that there was no attemp to cheat anyone on this... and the people who were supposed to be selling MY lights have removed them from their websites and posted explanations on them.

I hope administrators wil ltake care of it, as at this moments there is posted information which is not true, is false, and is harming my reputation and interest.

Regards,

Javier

jspeybro

Enlightened

I'm interested in hearing why producing it in China completely was a bad step. What didn't work out?
From my experience with the ultrafire lights, I would think that tolerances are not what they should be which is important for divelights, but if there are other things, I'd like to here it.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Who said is a bad step? The quality was really high, and the tolerances are what you paid for. One of the suppliers I'm working with is a supplier of Siemens, so I guess they make no mistakes with quality.

What is a bad step is to see your designs all over the internet, rebranded, even before they are manufactured. But I still don't understand how comes that a light that was not being offered at all was displayed as a cheating to CPF members, and still the post in which the accusations were made exist, when it has been proven that it was not that way. Quite sad.

Regards

Pepper01

Newly Enlightened
Unfortenately it is too bad that Javier has to prove if he is the designer of the Triton divelights. Of course there will be cloning in this world.......But I think the original Triton Divelights will be a great gesture to the divers all over the world. Al lot of us liked the Barbolight torches and as a owner of a U 15 I am sad to hear the factory is closed recently. The Triton divelights could be a great replecement for Barbolight. And of course, here from the Netherlands I would be happy to become a dealer:)

I think Javier is did a great job in making divelights for enthousiastic divers all over the world. Maybe, maybe ........not only friends of Javier (triton in Spain) could benefit also in the near future......so we don't need China for that....:thumbsup:

Kind regards

Marcel

H20doctor

Enlightened
Im tired of reading this thread and the other one.. This is diy.. Divelight making.. Here at cpf.. Not sales on sumthn

Im tired of reading this thread and the other one.. This is diy.. Divelight making.. Here at cpf.. Not sales on sumthn​

+1000 ; it looks more self promotion on different way ( only that something is happening ) sorry but true

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
lucca,

I'm getting tired of your posts and its smell. they hide intentions, as some others post.

It has been proven here and in other websites that the lights were designed by me. It is a cronological issue that can be proved.

Even it has been posted by manufacturers and resellers.

http://www.xecconlight.com/products/d-series

...but somehow you tend to ignore this proofs for "no reason". I have been making innovative and well respected dive lights for the last years in Spain and I hold a number of patents on this, that you can check, and its solutions were adopted by many manufacturers. I've been here many years before you registered, and you can find tons of information from my first light to the last one. I deserve a respect, and many satisfied customers arround the world support my job in Barbolight. What have you done to improve the safety and material of the divers?

Now, people involved in other companies try to destroy my reputation, for reasons we all can guess.

This time I decided to make them in China. I said it on the post opened regarding the video light, I said it on the very first post, you can check it. The making of a 10.000 lm dive light. TRITON LongWang.龙王

But it seems it was a mistake to have them completely made in China.. I got to remove a number of links offering the lights, but many announcers just take the pic and gauge the interest. And if it is good enough they will reverse engineer the light to offer crappy lights.

During the next days I'll get them removed again (as I did with the first links posted), and if not I will post the whole story with names, address, and usefull information to third parties to avoid being cheated.

By the way, I'm not responsible at all on the design and quality control on the lights being offered. At all.

Regards,

Javier

Last edited:

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened
Just a follow-up and warning to others on Xeccon's deceptive business practices:

There is shown a repeated blatant disregard of moral conscience by these belligerent people. They have fabricated any number of lies to sell a product, here and on other forums (which always results in their being banned). They always reappear with new user names and get banned again and again. In all my years of doing business with others, Xeccon (Strivers Holding Co., Ltd.) stands out as the one company that continues in its unrelenting evil ways. They simply wont give up in spreading their lies.

A large number of us are sick and tired of their tactics and simply want them to go away permanently. For those interested in increasing the visibility of this thread to help warn others, please Google the word Xeccon, then page down until you find this thread in the list and click on it (its currently found on the second page of Google search). In fact, repeat this search a few hundred times. We need to bring this thread to the top of the Google search list for anyone attempting to research any of their products. If anyone knows of another way to increase Google's ranking for this thread when "xeccon" is entered in the search engine, then by all means... make it so. Maybe then, they will disappear into the black void in where they so deserving belong. As it is now, several of the CPF threads pop up on the first Google search page that denounce Xeccon, but I think we can do better.

People, please do not accept free review samples or purchase any products from Xeccon or Strivers Holding Co., Ltd. Only a global boycott can seal their miserable fate and stop them from attempting to victimize others.

For those at Xeccon (or others with malicious intent reading this thread), I will not review any product at any price that is marketed and sold under a false pretense. No amount of coercion can force me to act against my own will, regardless of any amount of pressure you might attempt to force upon me.

**** BOYCOTT XECCON ****

**** BOYCOTT XECCON ****

I again thank the mods for removing any comments (lies) left on their forums by Xeccon representatives or those masquerading as a satisfied user of their products.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xeccon has an obvious lack of ethics on its behaviour, but the worst one is the manufacturer. Felix Cai, from http://xiware.en.made-in-china.com/ Xiware. He is the one who took the lights and offered to everyone. By the way, it was helped by http://www.cascoantiguo.com/. a dive equipment distributor in Spain with the same sense of ethics (I introduced them the lights before and even sent them samples). The original brand is Archon used by the manufacturer.
Well, a sad story, telling much more about the people than about the lights.

So, to be fair, Boycott Xeccon, Archon, Xiware and Casco Antiguo.

Thanks, flashpilot.