Opinion and Help Please

Mr Whippy

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I was wondering what people think of this light.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Latest-Adjustab...066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c25b2702

It takes 2 x 18650. Now having read a few threads about exploding batteries I have come to the conclusion that this happens with torches that use multiple batteries.

Does this only happen when the batteries are in series or can it happen when in parallel? I hate the thought of this thing going bang when it is strapped to my head.

Your thoughts please.

Dave.

asval

Newly Enlightened
It's a no name brand made in China and you'll be using 18650 batteries ( chinese ones?), which you'll be charging with?

seems like a recipe for disaster :poof:

carrot

Flashaholic
I would say do yourself a favor and get a headlamp from an established brand like Petzl, Princeton Tec, Black Diamond, Mammut, Fenix, Zebralight or Sparklight instead of risking your forehead exploding.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That and there's no way that a Cree XR-E can produce 400 lumens. It's just not possible.

Mr Whippy

Newly Enlightened
It's a no name brand made in China and you'll be using 18650 batteries ( chinese ones?), which you'll be charging with?

seems like a recipe for disaster :poof:

This is one of the reasons I was interestd in this light. I am sick of buying batteries and would like something rechargeable and bright. I did have concerns about 18650 on my head after reading some threads on this forum with them exploding.

As for charging I would address this after I purchased the light. After all the replies though I will give this a miss.

Thanks every one for your advice.

Dave.