Olight - R50        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Sucks Presents: a Bay Area GTG June 17 in Mtn. View...interest?

Party Dark Sucks Presents: a Bay Area GTG June 17 in Mtn. View...interest?

Hi all,

I'd like to host a GTG at my shop in Mountain View. Hang out, take a shop tour, watch my CNC make parts, test out my lights. My shop shares a parking lot (that gets quite dark) with Francesca's bar.

Figure I'll keep the shop open from 7-8:30 and when it gets dark, close up and get some beverages while blinding each other and other people in the immediate area. They have a cool new outdoor patio in back as well.

June 17 or 18

Any interest?
    Last edited by archer6817j; 06-07-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Default Re: Dark Sucks Presents: a Bay Area GTG June 17 or 18 in Mtn. View...interest?

Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    Hi all,

I'd like to host a GTG at my shop in Mountain View. Hang out, take a shop tour, watch my CNC make parts, test out my lights. My shop shares a parking lot (that gets quite dark) with Francesca's bar.

Figure I'll keep the shop open from 7-8:30 and when it gets dark, close up and get some beverages while blinding each other and other people in the immediate area. They have a cool new outdoor patio in back as well.

June 17 or 18

Any interest?
    Definitely! I'm right next door in Los Altos.

Default Re: Dark Sucks Presents: a Bay Area GTG June 17 or 18 in Mtn. View...interest?

I'm in Salinas during June. I'd come up unless I got called away.

Flashaholic*

I can make it on a Friday evening. I'll have my kids in tow, so, no bar hopping for me.

Hey guys, if you can think of anyone else in the bay area please email them. I don't know if this section gets much visibility. I know I don't look here often

Should we shoot for Friday then?

Cheers,

Jason

Flashaholic

I'm interested and free both days

Quote Originally Posted by archer6817j View Post
    Hey guys, if you can think of anyone else in the bay area please email them. I don't know if this section gets much visibility. I know I don't look here often

Should we shoot for Friday then?

Cheers,

Jason
    Sounds good.

I'll be there, if it's Friday. I'm out of town that Saturday. I've PM'd a couple of other local flashaholics, and at least one who hasn't responded to this thread is planning to go.

-John

possibly interested. I'll have to figure things out at things draw closer, though.

-Craig

Im good to go and Friday sounds like a good day to me.

Hopefully some new stuff to show by then.

bigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

I just checked my calendar and I have to be in South California on the 18th, thus the 17th works out great for me.

I will ask for some cool VarapPower builds by Lamdalight.com to bring.

bigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

Hey bigC, did you happen to get your reference lights back yet? I'd like to double check my sphere calibration.

I can probably make it Friday.

Flashaholic

I just stumbled onto this thread...I'm open that Friday night.

JB

Okay, so Friday, June 17th is the official date. See you guys there! BigC is (maybe) brining his sphere and I'll have mine set up if you guys want to test some lights. Mine only accepts lights with 1.2" bezel diameter or smaller (at the moment).

I'm also going to do something really scary and drop-test a light. I'll be going for the universal 1m mark, but if i survives that, I'd like to try 2m and beat the other guys. If it survives that, then I'll run it over with my car...which I expect will crush it...so that should be fun. Don't miss it!

Flashaholic*

Maybe you should hold a raffle to raffle off that light (the torture test victim) to some lucky winner! LOL!

Hey guys!!
    I think I can make it, let me check with the wife first. I might be out of town next week.

I have been a little out of the CPF loop for a while. I dont have anything really new or exciting to show. Just got a Fenix E21... on a ceiling bounce comparison it seems brighter than its ~150L spec.

If I can make it I'll bring the HIDs.

later!! I hope I can make it. Theres some great paved hike trails near there at the end of San Antonio, right off 101. Takes you out at least 2-3 hours to the SF bay waters edge. Not to rain on the OPs idea... just a suggestion. I'll just hang with you guys wherever.
    Last edited by kramer5150; 06-10-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

What's the address?

I can make it gents!! I'll be coming back from Sacramento in the afternoon.

Jose and anyone else into BMW tuning.... Francesca's is right down the street from Dinan motorsports on Middlefield road... FYI.
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

I should be able to make it. It's been a while since I was at one.

Thanks for offering to host it.

Daniel
    ================================================== =
    I have got to plan my procrastination better!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Dark Sucks Presents: a Bay Area GTG June 17 in Mtn. View...interest?

I had hope to come, but it turns out that I need to attend a workshop this weekend, starting Friday night.

Enjoy.

Harry