FInally going to get Fenix but need help!!!!!!!

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys i have been a streamlight and surefire fan but all this talking about fenix has got my attention finally. I like that they give you accessories with your purchase " i love holsters and lanyards " so i need help on deciding on one. 1. I like it to be more of a thrower then flood 2. have a tactical bezel and have strobe and take cr123's and have the cigar grip...thinking about tk15...

PCS

Newly Enlightened
Well, I was going to recommend the TK15 as it seems to meet all your criteria:

1. It's a Fenix.
2. Holster.
3. More throw than flood.
4. Crenelated bezel.
5. Strobe.
6. Cigar grip.

Then I read your last line. I think you're where you want to be.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tk15 is a great light, I like the side button for mode changes, Or for something simpler the TK11 was a beauty.
The TK15 is the most up todate throwy Fenix

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
What about the tk21 U2 Special Edition...i know it doesnt have a strike bezel but does it have a better throw?

PCS

Newly Enlightened
What about the tk21 U2 Special Edition...i know it doesnt have a strike bezel but does it have a better throw?
I have the TK21 and it's not really a thrower. It's brighter than the TK15, but it uses an XM-L emitter, which is pretty floody. Big hotspot, lots of spill.

You might want to go to YouTube and do a search on "tk21 goingprepared". He does a video comparing the two.

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
ID get the PD31 but if you want the TK15/21 style go with that. The thing I love about Fenix is they all are waterproof to IPX-8 nomader what they look like from the E05 to the TK45.

sleep creeper

Newly Enlightened
OK now..if i was to go for the tk15 which 18650 with charger combo should i get...i was looking at battery junction...and do those chargers stop charging the light when it is fully charged??? im just used to streamlight's drop in charging cradle method

picrthis

Enlightened
If you want a quality charger that stops charging the battery when it is fully charged then you'll need a Pila charger. Several places carry them, try lighthound for example.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I hear the pila charger is the way to go, for the leave on the charger without a worry.
I use the ultrafire 139 charger, and as far as I know trickle charges after the light goes green, so out of paranoia I take the batteries off with in an hour or less of charge complete. For the extra $30 the pila charger is worth the peace of mind  lol