Phosphorescent Pigment Price Increase

Skylighter

Enlightened
Two of the major raw components of phosphorescent pigment, Eu2O3 and Dy2O3 have increased in price 6 fold in less than two months. The result is that the wholesale cost of phosphorescent pigment has more than tripled in the same time period.

The result is that glow powder and glow in the dark paint prices will be significantly increasing everywhere.

Glow Inc. has not increased our prices for 5 years, but come Tuesday (6/7/2011) we will be increasing our prices as needed.

If you need stock or glow in the dark products for an upcoming project, I suggest you buy your supplies now.

Thanks,
Danny Clark
www.GlowInc.com

CKOD

Enlightened
Somewhat related, for if someone gets bunch to use later. The ultra blue and green powders, are moisture sensitive, and work again once they are dried out, so I assume you can bake the powders if they have been stored in a humid location for a while to drive off the water. Is that correct?

Westend

Newly Enlightened
Two of the major raw components of phosphorescent pigment, Eu2O3 and Dy2O3 have increased in price 6 fold in less than two months. The result is that the wholesale cost of phosphorescent pigment has more than tripled in the same time period.

The result is that glow powder and glow in the dark paint prices will be significantly increasing everywhere.

Glow Inc. has not increased our prices for 5 years, but come Tuesday (6/7/2011) we will be increasing our prices as needed.

If you need stock or glow in the dark products for an upcoming project, I suggest you buy your supplies now.

Thanks,
Danny Clark
www.GlowInc.com

It was exactly this issue with GlowInc that caused many of us semi and professional users to find a manufacturer that could make glow in the dark powder that was as good if not better than V10. GlowInc's prices are way off compared to other retailers and other than V10 their other products are no better. Once we got a product manufactured that was as good as V10 and we saw the price to purchase and import the powder we were shocked at how cheap it is. Let me put it this way... GlowInc probably gets a real good deal due to the volume they ship. At our end just ordering an initial test batch of less than 20KG's, including shipping and customs we are able to sell at one quarter of the price and still make a reasonable return on our investment.

It hurts me to write this because I felt like part of the GlowInc family for years. I'd not be in business today if I had not found the Glow Forum. I even defended their prices on other forums. But then we pulled the wool from our eyes and the rest is history.

Here's the test image of our Super Green vs V10.

file.php

Check us out at:

http://www.kosmickreations.net

Best regards,
Pete.

Last edited:

appliancejunk

Enlightened
Well both companies still seem to be in business.

Anyone have any words of wisdom as to what paint is better/brighter, Super Green or V10?

Thanks,

Latest posts