maintenance help

reemas

Newly Enlightened
i did a few searches but can't seem to find a specific answer. most of what i found were scattered discussions of similar topics - sorry if this has been asked before.

i have a few powerex 2700s that i use almost daily and a maha c9000. what type of charge cycles or "refresh/analyze" or break in modes should i run every few weeks - months to keep my batteries healthy?

bbb74

Enlightened
If you are using them frequently I'd just recommend you do a "discharge" on each battery every 10 or 20 times you charge it, if you are charging it from partially discharged. If you are fully discharging them (which is bad for the battery if you have multiple batteries in the torch or whatever you're using them in) there's no maintenance required in your situation really.

You could do an occasional (3 or 6 monthly) refresh&analyse if you want to watch what their capacity is doing but you don't have to. If you're using the batteries a lot I suspect (I have no evidence) that there isn't much point in doing break-ins unless the capacity has dropped a lot.