• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

QTC Models Just Arrived

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Logan In Brass
Logan SS Key
Logan SS Pocket
Volcan AAA Brass
No momentary switches for QTC yet as promised

The Volcan in Brass is a great looking Torch
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got Me a SS Key! Also got a SS Moddoo clip from OVEREADY for it! Can't wait! Thanks again Bob. Your new chat system is an outstanding internet web shopping tool!

jssp78

Newly Enlightened
Both the Logan and Volcan use the same optic. So the output should be the same.

Death's Head

Enlightened
Couldn't decide between which two of three lights that I really wanted. Ended up running into a bit of playing money, so I was able to buy all three.
Got coming:
SS QTC Logan Keychain
Brass QTC AAA Volcan
Brass QTC Eiger

I have two clips from Oveready standing buy.
I hope those QTC fitted momentary switches comes soon.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question was whether they have narrow, wide or medium optics. I suspect they are all narrow.

Thanks,
eala

jonesy

Enlightened
I also gave in and ordered a Logan SS Key from Bob. Can't wait to get it! I just hope it has a nice white tint.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Eala: In the Eiger I have all three optics Just call and tell me what one you want when you order. I do have the most in medium that
is the best all around optic in the Eiger. The Logans Curt tells me are all narrow as are the ones in the Volcan.
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:

Curt R

Enlightened
We have medium optics for the Volcan and the Logan if required.
Just call Bob and we can make that up for you and ship it to Bob
with his next shipment. We do not have any of the wide or oval
optics in stock as the requirement for those is very rare.

Curt

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my SS Logan Key QTC today! Very nice flashlight! Fit and finish are exceptional. Nice cool white tint, more white than my Logan pocket #6. Heavy little sucker in SS. Almost as heavy as my Haiku. The QTC performs better than I had expected. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase. I sold a SWM Ti V10R to purchase this American made little tank and the swap was well worth it. When we talk about "bomb proof" lights that just flat out work we need to give Peak it's props....more so than some that get mentioned quite a bit around here IMO! Nice work on these Curt! Thank you Bob for the communication and flawless transaction, oh yea and the super fast shipping too!

jorgen

Enlightened
My brass QTC Volcan just arrived this afternoon. It is a beautifully made light with a very nice beam. I like it more than the QTC Eiger, I previously bought, though, that is also a very fine light except that there is some play on the QTC and as it moves around the light intensity changes. Also, the Eiger requires an extra turn when being turned off or a slight jar will cause it to come on. I do love the floody beam on the Eiger which is perfect for reading and trips to the bathroom at night.

MKLight

Enlightened
Got my SS Logan Key QTC today! Very nice flashlight! Fit and finish are exceptional. Nice cool white tint, more white than my Logan pocket #6. Heavy little sucker in SS. Almost as heavy as my Haiku. The QTC performs better than I had expected. Overall I'm very happy with this purchase. I sold a SWM Ti V10R to purchase this American made little tank and the swap was well worth it. When we talk about "bomb proof" lights that just flat out work we need to give Peak it's props....more so than some that get mentioned quite a bit around here IMO! Nice work on these Curt! Thank you Bob for the communication and flawless transaction, oh yea and the super fast shipping too!

Agreed! Mine needed a slight adjustment and Bob easily walked me right through its fix. I've used the Logan QTC heavily for the last 2 nights (and of course throughout the day...) and it has performed flawlessly. Among others, I also carry the original Logan in Level 8. I'm noticing that in comparison, I'm using the QTC model from about 5 lumens to about half the full power. I still will crank it up all the way, but it seems like I'm most likely saving some battery power along the way, too! BTW, all my recent Peak purchases have been SS models. Good luck... this one's a keeper!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.... where can I find the "this-thread-is-worthless-without-pics" emoticon? :p

jonesy

Enlightened
Here you go, some quick snaps for you all! Brand new Logan SS with the QTC. Mine has a nice white tint with a hint of blue, no green to be seen. I kept the same exposure to showcase the high and low (1/80 at 6.3). I think it's about a lumen or so, it's a bit lower than the quark mini warm. On the primary it seems even with my surefire E1B in a ceiling bounce. Also shown is my eiger #2.

Logan1_web.4360.jpg

Logan2_web.4361.jpg

Logan3_web.4365.jpg

Logan4_web.4366.jpg

Logan5_web.4368.jpg

Logan6_web.4370.jpg

I think this is going to be my new EDC without question. Build quality is excellent. I did notice that it seems to be a bit brighter on the lowest level if you just barely have it off, as opposed to backing it off a full turn and then turning it on. Anyone else notice this?

jorgen

Enlightened
I did notice that it seems to be a bit brighter on the lowest level if you just barely have it off, as opposed to backing it off a full turn and then turning it on. Anyone else notice this?

Yes. There seems to be a bit of play on the QTC. When barely off, try tapping it on your palm, both of mine come on quite low when I do it.

Curt R

Enlightened
That has to do with the battery anti-rattle form ring that is
also used to keep the QTC in place at the bottom of the battery
compartment. With the Eiger, the QTC 'pill' uses an o-ring and
no foam donut. We may change the method and use a plastic
e type ring instead of the foam donut. That would give the light
extended low level output on turn on, to less than that of a glowing
cigarette.

With a 3 volt Lithium battery the drive to the LED is about 540 mA.
That is about 210 bulb Lumens and close to 1800 Candlepower otf.

When you use the 3.7 volt Lithium-Ion battery the drive is about
870 mA. The typical output then is 300 bulb Lumens or 2550
Candlepower otf.

Curt

Last edited:

jonesy

Enlightened
Thanks for the info, Curt! For all those who are on the fence it is truly an awesome light. Think of it as a a T1A competitor for half the price that can tailstand, use rechargeables, no blue tint, available in 3 different materials and a big plus for me, no billboards on the side. It might not be the lightest thing in SS but the robustness more than makes up for it. It just has the feeling of quality. I can't wait to get some rechargeables for it to see how bright it can really get.

I played with it a bit more and it seems to always come on to the lowest setting if I just back off the head a bit more. This photo is more representative of the "low." Yes, it's actually on. It'll go low enough that you can stare right into it. Cool.

Logan7_web.4374.jpg

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jonsey your pictures are excellent! Mine also has to be turned about a 1/4 more when off to be able to come on really low again. No biggie really. Amazing quality in these SS lights. I'm not for cool tints and mine is a really nice pure white. I cannot really see any blue, certainly not any green. It is definitely a keeper and will rotate EDC duty with my Haiku.