The 250+ Lumen Challenge

carrot

Flashaholic
This week's challenge is to carry your 250+ lumens light. Any light over 250 lumens will do. Bonus points for significantly higher lumens. 500, 1000, 2000 lumens are all acceptable for this challenge.

Incandescent, LED, HID, doesn't matter.

The rules: this is now the only light you can use the whole week, and that you may only use the maximum output level on that light.

Unlike some of the other challenges, you may not switch lights on a whim, however, if you really must, you may switch to a different light every 24 hours (a new day, a new light) that meets the criteria.

You may come up with creative solutions to reduce the output but do not use anything but the maximum output setting! Also take care not to burn your house down.

As usual, post pictures of the light you are participating in the challenge with and post your experiences.

Last edited:

00birdy

Newly Enlightened
cool idea! should this be exceptionally difficult? 6'' lights don't seem too bad to me.

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, this should be interesting! :) gotta go see what meets the criteria when I get home. And to think, I just sold a Mac's Tri EDC! That'll put a crimp in my carry options... Maelstrom G5? Thrunite Catapult? Hmmm... maybe Fivemega E2 fire w/ 400lm. bulb and a big honking filter for low level night use...

Helmut.G

Enlightened
not gonna participate here ;) no way I'm gonna use that kind of lumens in the middle of the night with my girlfriend in the room.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looks like my SF 6P is coming back out . . . My Malkoff M60W MC-E Warm equipped SF 6P.

Pumping out about 470 lumens. This'll be easy. :grin2:

I was considering using my custom Leef-bodied SF M4 or my SF M6. But the 6P is just so much more pocket-able.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, my C2's a little fatter than I'm used to carrying in a pocket, but I think the 600lm Kerberos Quad it's holding oughta do the trick. :devil:

As for lowering output - you'd be amazed what a nice soft red glow you can get at night by sticking your hand over the end of the torch.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I'm in! Here is my user for the day.
sdc10216small.jpg

I will probably switch to a new light each day and post a shot of the light of the day. I look forward to seeing others light photos.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hesistating a bit... really feel like taking the TK45 around town, but no jacket means I'll have to look "real happy to see people" or just hand carry, so I might keep that one for home usage and freak the neighbors out instead. For nightime, I'll definitely put a piece of black cloth with an elastic on the business end. I think I'll be switching between IFE2, LD40, TK15 and the Predator. I'm tempted to stick with the Predator for bonus points, but I don't get too many reasons to use all these lights on high on a daily basis.

I just hope I won't have to work in stainless steel machines or my clients will think I'm some sort of moron for wearing protective sunglasses inside (perhaps even a welder's mask)...

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used the Spark SL6-800CW on high (not turbo, battery cannot handle all night) for 1.5 hrs every night, when the battery run out, I'm using the SF C2 with Triple XPG, sometime I using the Olight SR50 to looking through car window.
I work "Night watchman" for the apartment complex.

Sci Fii

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I'm in! Here is my user for the day.
sdc10216small.jpg

I will probably switch to a new light each day and post a shot of the light of the day. I look forward to seeing others light photos.

Nitroz,

What kind of light is that for all us newbs?

Roger999

Enlightened
I had a C2 with an XML @ about 600OTF lumens EDC'd for the past 1 month of so, I switched back to a 200lumen drop in because I often use it indoors to find my cat and 600 lumens = ow.

ASheep

Enlightened
Well good thing I have a brand new (to me) M6 here, which I purchased as a result of your Incan challenge Carrot! I'm running the LOLA on 2s IMR cells, and when my HO-M6R arrives this week, I'll just HAVE to use it! Good thing I'm at home most of this week, and if I must go out, I have my E2 w/ IMR-E2 bulb, which should make the cut!!

Here are the contenders chilling out with their wizardly friend:
DSCN1730-1.jpg

This is gonna be one of those crazy weeks!

Cheers,
Alex

PS: Just realised this was my 200th post! :party:

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to Malkoff's website my M61 equipped Z2 qualifies! Now where the heck did I put my FM34?!

Chongker

Newly Enlightened
Been EDCing my JB RRT-2 neutral XPG for awhile, which should just about meet the criteria. A change would be nice though, so mine for the day to come will be a Thrunite Catapult V3 with 2*18350's for a reasonable length and ~700 lumen goodness =)

Great idea btw!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy as pie! I do this already :)

Mine's a Kerberos High-CRI Triple in a Solarforce L2p. 500 Lumens on high :D

I'd normally use it on low at night, but covering the front with my fingers will do for the week.

I've got this one in the bag!

Burgess

Flashaholic
I don't have ANYthing that bright !

:shakehead

But i will enjoy reading about it, nevertheless.

lovecpf
_

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like I never use any mode except for turbo on my TK45 anyway, so I'm in! It's a good thing that my wife is a heavy sleeper, haha.