Rayovac 3AA LED lantern runtime

upriver

Newly Enlightened
NIMH were 2000 mah.

The alkaline line looks a little weird because of the large gaps of times between measurements (I have a cheap light meter that I have to manually check, which doesn't happen during the work day).

I don't really see a performance advantage to using NIMH over alkaline in this particular device. I expect that an alkaline low run would have a similar curve to the NIMH but last longer (2800 mah vs 2000 for NIMH) because the alklaline run is already pretty flat.

Rayovac3AALEDlantern.jpg

CyberCT

Enlightened
Thanks for the input. This is the Rayovac Sportsman lantern, correct? I am thinking about getting the Rayovac because it runs directly on AAs and the big brother that takes 3 D cells is a fantastic light, especially with the removable diffuser which this lantern also has. It seems by the graph above that there is some kind of mild regulation with the NIMHs. Were you using Eneloops?

Also, I see that the unit of measure for the X axis is minutes, but what is the Y axis? Lumens? It's supposed to be 55 lumens on high (ANSI rated in latest model).