Is there something weird happening at Zebralight?

Farhad Gulemov

Newly Enlightened
Is there something weird happening at Zebralight?

I ordered a H501w from Zebralight two days ago, on the 7th. The Zebralight website says:

Orders placed on weekdays by noon Central Standard Time will be processed and shipped out the same day, provided the product ordered is in stock.
[FONT=&#23435][/FONT]

Yet, when I check my account I see that the order is still not "shipped" but "new".

I emailed Zebralight - no reply.
I called them at (972) 929-7213 - no reply
I called them at 972-757-7712 - no reply

They did not even bother acknowledging my order, I just got a confirmation from PayPal.

Should I get worried or is that kind of customer "care" usual for Zebralight?! Or does that indicate that they are out of stock? Or going out of business?! :confused:

Thanks for any pointers here!

ssvqwnp

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a light Monday evening and got it today (H51w)... I hope you get yours straightened out. What time did you try to call them?

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought one of my ZL shipments was late...called, no answer, just like you...shows up the next day. So, logically: by calling, you make your package appear quicker!

Don't know what to make of the tracking, except that I've noticed some mail services are also very slow to update.

ZL seems to be your typical web-run operation, with little or no phone service. Given all the new lights they are announcing, I'm certain they're not in any danger of closing their doors.

All the same, I'd pay a bit more for a light if the service weren't quite as anonymous as it is. But I wouldn't even start to worry until 5 business days have passed.

Last edited:

txlair

Newly Enlightened
ok, thanks! I will keep you posted. Hopefully I will get the light sooner or later ;-)

I ordered a SC51 non floody appx 4 weeks ago. It had intermittent blinking when off so I entered a ticket and got a quick response to mail it back to them. Delivery confirmation shows it delivered ~2.5 wks ago and I've followed up with them 3 times now with no further answer . . .

speedsix

Enlightened
Sounds like poor customer service to me. At least it was only $20.00. Oh, wait, thats what they are worth not what they charge for them. LOL!

Esko

Enlightened
H501w is a discontinued model and Zebralight homepage says it is out of stock. You were probably one of the very last persons to order it (perhaps even simultaniously), so, maybe there were some inaccuracies in stock numbers. Or maybe the last ones are in China and there is some confusion since your order should be shipping from Texas. I am sure it will sort out, one way or another.

tychoseven

Newly Enlightened
I also had a slow response from ZL, but they took care of everything without any trouble. I wouldn't worry for a few days at least.

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you mean. Placed an order and paid for priority mail, they shipped it out three days later. What's the use of paying for priority if they're going to take their sweet time to ship. So like a DA i do the same thing again. Day number two and waiting for shipping confirmation. If there's a next time I'll try the free shipping, can't be much slower.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love ZLs lights... nice build quality, moonlight, long runtimes, and very bright for a given battery. However, their warranty seems near the shortest in the industry, and the stories of customer service lacking keep me from buying more.

ssvqwnp

Newly Enlightened
Those of you concerned with the OP's problem, this thread was started a year ago. LoLz

Still, we don't know how he fared... I'm sure he was taken care of.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, this is just modern consumerism in action. Got a beef? Complain on the internet. Beef resolved? Disappear into silence.

Internet priorities:
(1) Ego maintenance
(2) Complain or agitate
(3) Be entertained
(4-99) Various
(100) Data and evidence.

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight tries to operate as JIT, it cuts costs and waste.

they order just enough product from China to last a month, then run out and get new shipments
(or so it seems)

in my experience,
they are real, they do have good customer service, and the products are top notch. you just
might need to wait for something one time, and get it immediately on the next order. it is also a small operation
I do not think they have 20 people to man the phones 24x7

in danger of closing ? I hope not ...everyone new to power leds, who sees my zebralights, wants one bad !~

ssvqwnp

Newly Enlightened
No, this is just modern consumerism in action. Got a beef? Complain on the internet. Beef resolved? Disappear into silence.

Internet priorities:
(1) Ego maintenance
(2) Complain or agitate
(3) Be entertained
(4-99) Various
(100) Data and evidence.

Well said, and very true in most cases. Goes hand-in-hand with the saying, "no news is good news."

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just try to support him so he didn't feel alone. My name is KDM and im a impatient internet shopper too. JK! Better to laugh than cry.