PEAK
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Maglite XL200

Default Re: Maglite XL200

hiluxxulih, did you receive your light already? I saw that Amazon offers that XL200 but it's from a 3rd party, and when I did a simple web search for the third party's name, I saw nothing but customer complaints. The squeaky wheel gets oiled so maybe it's no big deal and those were one time things. Anyway, I hope you received your light and would love to hear about how it works out for you!

I received an Email saying the light has shipped with a delivery date of July 22 to August 8 from W Coyote outdoors .

I just recieved my Maglite XL200 and she is bright the next lights I buy are going to be a few Minimag Pro series when they come out , shipping for XL200 was two days .

Glad you like your XL200! I was demonstrating my XL200 today, and it was fun to watch people's reactions to the Nite Lite mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin24k View Post
    Glad you like your XL200! I was demonstrating my XL200 today, and it was fun to watch people's reactions to the Nite Lite mode.
    Ya that nightlight mode is pretty slick , I think I figured out a new camping game , picking up an XL series light in Nite light mode without it going to bright , when are the new MiniMag Pro lights coming out I want to get a few of those now ?

Not going to go too off topic, but the Mini Maglite Pro is still a little ways off, and ANSI results show 200+ lumens.

Not going to go too off topic, but the Mini Maglite Pro is still a little ways off, and ANSI results show 200+ lumens.

According to maglite they're already in stores now.

Its good to see mag is slowly but surely catching up i aim and always will own mags no matter what

Are these going to be available at Home Depot or Lowe's?

Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    According to maglite they're already in stores now.

No, customer service is usually not up-to-date on the latest information. If it is already in stores, I would've gotten my review sample already.

Quote Originally Posted by adirondackdestroyer View Post
    Are these going to be available at Home Depot or Lowe's?
    Probably not, since the XL200 is intended for the sporting goods market. I've been told that stores such as Bass Pro will carry it.

Yikes if they have that many lumens I may buy more than a few , I can retire my Minimag 3AA thats been run over by a forklift and a loaded 18 wheeler , it still works but its bent .

sounds like a great little light. I might get one if it was AA.

No, customer service is usually not up-to-date on the latest information.
    NOt up to date would be if it were already in-store & they didn't know it yet, but they are actually ahead of date by telling me it's in-store before it really is. Mag-Lite is providing customer service... from the future!

Quote Originally Posted by ryguy24k
    sounds like a great little light. I might get one if it was AA
    Now THAT (edit: along with the led solitaire) is way too good an idea to ever happen.
    Last edited by leon2245; 07-19-2011 at 11:01 PM.

And customer service isn't their only department with a time machine either, because someone from marketing retrieved this flyer... from the future!

Last edited by leon2245; 07-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Soooo back to the XL200 - my understanding is that it doesn't have a 'low mode' per se but that you can adjust the brightness of it's normal mode to whatever you want? (I'm not talking about night light mode where it shuts off after a while.)

Thanks! Glad to hear you like yours!

Yes, XL200's normal mode can be adjusted down to 8%.

Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    And customer service isn't their only department with a time machine either, because someone from marketing retrieved this flyer... from the future!
    I got the flyer from them earlier this year when the Mini Maglite Pro was till undergoing ANSI testing. It was originally supposed to be similar in brightness to the XL200, but it ended up being more, and the latest round of delays is supposed to be related to battery life.

I love the XL 100! Look forward to the 200!
    Last edited by RedLed; 07-22-2011 at 05:38 AM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by ringzero View Post
    Thanks for another nice review, Robin24k.

Very interesting light with an amazing UI. A little too big for EDC for me, but I'll probably get one anyway.

My favorite features are the memory and the lockout - just an outstanding design.

Maybe I missed it, but don't see in your review - how low will this light go?

Who would have believed just a few years back that Mag would be releasing a light as advanced as this?

Unfortunately, there are those on CPF who just won't give Mag a break no matter what.

Doesn't matter what models Mag releases, now or in the future.

Doesn't matter how good a warranty Mag offers.

Doesn't matter that you can walk in and buy one off the shelf, all across the USA.

Unfortunately, Mag Derangement Syndrome seems rather common on CPF. ;>

Well, I am on CPF, and have a ton of custom (From most of the CPF Sub Forum makers), semi custom, and top notch production lights (That I told my friends I would not have, and stick to Surefire's, no custom lights -like my gun and custom knife collections), and I still have my old 3D blue ano Mag that I bought at a truck stop in Indio, California in 1983, another D cell from 1978, when I was a FF with the CDF, many Mini Mag Lights, well, all around the house, studio, and truck, all diffused with gel, and I still love them.

For me the Mag lights were the first quality lights I had - until Surefire came to life in the late 80's. At that point, I did make the SF's my flagship lights, however my Mag's were still in use because, I could dim them with gel - the 6P was too bright for the inside of a vehicle. The L1 changed that with lower levels.

So, after all those years, I still have Mag's in use along side my customs, and I have a blue XL-100 in my shaving kit for travel. The XL-100 is a perfect hotel light.

It is nice to know that while traveling, if say, the TSA took my lights, or something - I could just go to any Mega-Lo Mart, and get a Temp. replacement EDC for the trip.

I like the unique UI, and the fact Mag Lights are made here in California! (Surefire is too)!

So even though I have all the-up-to-date-state-of the-art lights, Mag's still remain a part of my flashlight inventory. Really, for the money, you Can't go wrong.

Carry on,

Best wishes,

RL

Really, All I really need is a quality production light, SAK, Leatherman tool, a Spyderco, and a Glock. All stock out of the box, no modifications.
    Last edited by RedLed; 07-22-2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Just thought I'd share...

Measured 35% brighter than my XL100 in my yet uncalibrated sphere. QC needs some help as the plastic lens on mine is loose . I'm too lazy to return it, so I'll just leave it on signal and let my cats play with it.

-DF
    KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ringzero View Post
    When people ask me to recommend a good light, generally I'm not going to tell them to order something on the internet. Especially not a light that uses CR123 cells.

I tell them to go to Lowes and grab a Mag 2D or XL50.
    The internet exists worldwide, not just in the USA.

Lowes do not exist in the UK or much of Europe. Maglite being in every store is not so common in other parts of the world too.

There are over 500 million people just in the EU who your answers would probably not help in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by uknewbie View Post
    The internet exists worldwide, not just in the USA.

Lowes do not exist in the UK or much of Europe. Maglite being in every store is not so common in other parts of the world too.

There are over 500 million people just in the EU who your answers would probably not help in that case.
    Heartbreaking!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cccpull View Post
    Heartbreaking!
    Don't feel sorry for us. I doubt I would buy this light even if it was for sale in every shop.

Seems like a cheap gimick of a UI to me.

Flashaholic*

This is the first 3xAAA lights that has interested me (ignoring the one with a laser that I bought as a cat toy). I thought the XL100 UI sounded too involved and the XL50 was just the same UI as the new minimags, but with a clicky rather than a twisty.

The XL200 can function as an easily programmable one-mode light, but if you want the other features, then you can access them via multiple clicks. This sounds like a workable compromise to me.

I don't know that I'll get one, but I am a bit tempted.

--flatline

Just got one yesterday and like it a lot. Similar output to my quark aa2 tactical, but it won't throw nearly as far as my pelican 70 and 8060s. Didn't compare it to my surefires. Brighter than all 4 or my various older maglights (d cell), dont own a newer dedicated led version. The quark is a bit brIghter and more flood but longer ranges seems the mag has it as the beam is more concentrated. I'll likely store this light in a bag or vehicle with some energizer lithiums. Looking fwd to new mini mag. I'm quite happy living in the US with my arsenal of weapons that the EU would never allow.

Just picked one up here for $22 shipped AC=TAKEOFF20.

172 lumens and the many operational modes should make for a versatile light.

Flashaholic

You can't beat $22 for this light. thanks

The photo is for the XL50, though. The description is for the XL200-I wonder which one will ship?
    Last edited by Jakpro; 08-27-2011 at 06:09 PM.

got one on ebay for $40, good light, i like it, the only problem, is that there was lots of dust on the reflector, and inside the lens, used vaccum cleaner to remove large particles, small ones are still there, but it doesn't affect performance, imo,

it's missing knurling, whats up with those lines? certainly not serving a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakpro View Post
    You can't beat $22 for this light. thanks

The photo is for the XL50, though. The description is for the XL200-I wonder which one will ship?
    Regular price of $29.99 should be for XL50. XL50 has a regular price of $59.99 on their site, so it looks like they mixed up the two.

First time poster here. Thanks to everyone for an informative site.

Received my XL200 (gray) from WCoyote/Amazon today. Shipped fast, good service. Just playing around with it, getting used to the user interface. Offhand, I think the NiteLite mode is going to get a lot of use. There are so many little tasks, like hooking up a computer or an audio/video system or checking the oil in a car, where I am constanty picking up and putting down a flashlight to read labels or see a connector or read a dipstick even though there's enough light in the room for general purposes. To have the light automatically turn on when I pick it up and (more or less) off when I put it down is fantastic. Not to mention, ideal for tent camping or as the default mode sitting around during a power failure.

On the hotly debated AAA issue, it was a plus benefit for me. I've already got a Maha 8-slot AA/AAA charger and a pile of AA and AAA batteries. With a Petzl headlamp that takes three AAAs, having a flashlight that also takes AAA actually makes battery management easier. 12 batteries gives me four sets of 3 batteries, one set in each light and a charged back up set for each light. I'll just keep two sets of three batteries in an 8-battery Thomas Distributing plastic case and those will be the AAA flashlight batteries.

-------------------------------

I've also got a Mini Mag AA LED on the way (made more sense to buy a new one that a retrofit for almost the same money. That will become my new glovebox light in the car. And a Fenix E05 for the keychain, which looks like a cute little devil.