Recieved my Polarion ps PH-40

Donkeykong

Newly Enlightened
Wow, what an awsome light this is.

I allready had the sr90 from olight, but this is something else.

im too afraid to use it outside couse it's not a normal flashlight.

Everytime i turn it on i turn it off again quick before the cops pull over.
That kind of feeling is what i get with this light.

dynamike-picture.jpg

ARA

Enlightened
Congratulations, i really like this light. You've snagged a beauty there. :thumbsup:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you got a nice set of filters too, Congrats!

What was in the little white box in the bottom left corner of the photo? Looks like a spare bulb.

Donkeykong

Newly Enlightened
Yes that is correct.

It's a spare bulb for the light (Nice spotting there ;) (it's not included in the box, it's a spare part, but they did cut the hole in the foam for it to store allready (NICE!)

And thnx all for the warm welcome on this forumboard.

I'm still waiting for the diffuser to arrive sinds it was out of stock.. (Should be shipped to me 17th of June)
The box next to the spare lamp looks like it's the diffuser, but it's not.
It's the titanium protective filter.

I compared some other members ph-40 picture's and saw that some don't have (how do you call it ?) Stand ? on the front of there light.
They have them at the back but not on the front like i do.... (maybe they removed it themself i don't know sinds it's being held in place by a little screw to join the ring and looks like it can be taken off. (like a garden hose clamp)

I really enjoy the light itself and the looks of it.
Only downside of this light is that it doesn't have the battery indicator on the tailcap, so you have to remove the tailcap and turn on the light to see how full it is.

Wich brings me to a few questions...

1: Is it possible to order a ph-50 tailcap and screw it on the ph-40 ?
2: Besides the stock spare lightbulbs, can you order diffrent colortemperatures to fit the light ? say 4 or 5000K ?
3: How do i change the spare bulb when the time comes ? (The .PDF file from polario's website aint working) (manual doesn't state any on this)

here's a picture (not from myself) about the stand infront of the light. (Also notice the picture on the manual)
There's also a hole ontop of it for the shoulderstrap.

Sexy looking....

PH40.JPG

p.s. Patriot, nice video's you got online..
Your video made me buy the Olight sr-90 ^^
Didn't know you were on this forumboard.

Greetings Kong.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that is correct.

It's a spare bulb for the light (Nice spotting there ;) (it's not included in the box, it's a spare part, but they did cut the hole in the foam for it to store allready (NICE!)

And thnx all for the warm welcome on this forumboard.

I'm still waiting for the diffuser to arrive sinds it was out of stock.. (Should be shipped to me 17th of June)
The box next to the spare lamp looks like it's the diffuser, but it's not.
It's the titanium protective filter.

I compared some other members ph-40 picture's and saw that some don't have (how do you call it ?) Stand ? on the front of there light.
They have them at the back but not on the front like i do.... (maybe they removed it themself i don't know sinds it's being held in place by a little screw to join the ring and looks like it can be taken off. (like a garden hose clamp)

I really enjoy the light itself and the looks of it.
Only downside of this light is that it doesn't have the battery indicator on the tailcap, so you have to remove the tailcap and turn on the light to see how full it is.

Wich brings me to a few questions...

1: Is it possible to order a ph-50 tailcap and screw it on the ph-40 ?
2: Besides the stock spare lightbulbs, can you order diffrent colortemperatures to fit the light ? say 4 or 5000K ?
3: How do i change the spare bulb when the time comes ? (The .PDF file from polario's website aint working) (manual doesn't state any on this)

Hehe, thanks. ;)

Yes, I think the "front stand" or tiny legs on the front was a later addition to the PF/PH lineup. My PH50 doesn't have them, would be really nice if it came with it. :)

It's really interesting you mentioned your tailcap. Is it made entirely of aluminum, or plastic with aluminum threads? I ask because the all-aluminum tailcaps don't allow you to see the battery meter. If you could take a picture of the tailcap inside and out and post it on here, that would be great.

To answer your other questions:

2. All Polarions use the same 4300K bulb, but the Abyss "D" model has a color temperature of 5500K. It wouldn't hurt to as Ken Good of Polarion USA if he sells that particular bulb separately.

3. You need a good pair of strap wrenches and lots of muscle. :) It's really not that hard. You probably won't have to change it for a couple of years, so I wouldn't sweat it. They're rugged and last a very long time, even under abuse.

Last edited:

Donkeykong

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

The outside Looks and feels like plastic, the inside is aluminium.

On closer inspection when i looked at it against the sun, i do see 1 hole in it for the battery, the far right led.
Rest seems ashed out or something.

dynamike-4.jpg

dynamike-1.jpg

dynamike-2.jpg

dynamike-3.jpg

Damn, my bad....

Never actually looked good at it!

I do see the leds :D

dynamike-5.jpg

just looks so dark when you only look at the tailcap when the light is switched off. :eek:oo:

All is well :D

Greetings Kong..

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting those pics of the tailcap! Yeah it's definitely plastic with aluminum threads, glad you can see the battery meter.

When you first mentioned you couldn't see the lights, it sounded like you were describing the all-aluminum version of the PH40 tailcap. They are considered very rare and desirable on this forum, so if you had one that would've been really cool. You still have a cool light, though. ;)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hehe, thanks. ;)

All Polarions use the same 4300K bulb, but the Abyss "D" model has a color temperature of 5500K. It wouldn't hurt to as Ken Good of Polarion USA if he sells that particular bulb separately.

The Abyss "D" model produces 5500K beam, via tinted glass and uses the same Osram bulb as every other model. :)

Donkeykong

p.s. Patriot, nice video's you got online..
Your video made me buy the Olight sr-90 ^^
Didn't know you were on this forumboard.

Thanks Dk, I'm glad you found me here and I think it's great that the vids were helpful. Enjoy both of your excellent lights!