Malkoff
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Titanium P60 Style all C-Series Light Housing! **Shipping 7/14 - 7/15**

Default Re: Titanium P60 Style all C-Series Light Housing! **Shipping 7/14 - 7/15**

"Zowie Dickens"????? WT_?

Karl

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Titanium P60 Style all C-Series Light Housing! **Shipping 7/14 - 7/15**

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post

"Zowie Dickens"????? WT_?

Karl
    Hey Karl,
    Chris' shop is about 60 miles from the homestead.
    Hang in there!

Cool you got yours already, Mine has a much longer trip. I don't expect to see it till Tuesday.

Heh, heh...ya know I was thinking of driving out there but...3,500+ miles.....I'll be patient....I guess....

Karl

Flashaholic*

Try Tasmania, and I haven't even got a shipped/shipping notice yet - So if anyone should be crying.....

I guess mine is taking longer because Chris had to put my serial number, machine and fit 5 trits, build the Ti button, and put knurling on the body for me....... Got ya! :0)

Ahem, yours are all coming "batteries included", right?

Karl

Flashaholic*

I thought it was a given??? but it was nice that Chris is putting a tri modo dropin anyway

I'm getting one of these with white/red output to try as I think triples and XM-L's will be quite hot in there.

If anybody is interested, I have one of these and they are run at 3+ amps and it gives my DD SST90 a run for its money - if I get time I will try add it to my beam shots.
    Last edited by Glenn7; 07-16-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Heh, heh...ya know I was thinking of driving out there but...3,500+ miles.....I'll be patient....I guess....

Karl
    Looks like we might have them Monday.
    Tracking shows mine in Warrendale Pa, only about 120 miles away for me and what about 200 for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    I thought it was a given??? but it was nice that Chris is putting a tri modo dropin anyway

I'm getting one of these to try as I think triples and XM-L's will be quite hot in there.

If anybody is interested, I have one of these and they are run at 3+ amps and it gives my DD SST90 a run for its money - if I get time I will try add it to my beam shots.
    I have three choices to choose from right now.
    1. Lumens Factory EO4 (200 lumen incan extreme output)
    2. NB XP-G 1.4A neutral white
    3. NB XM-L 2.4A neutral white
    I'm not sure why this is but the XM-L runs cooler than the XP-G in my FM host.
    Last edited by Morelite; 07-17-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Morelite View Post
    I have three choice to choose from right now.
    1. Lumens Factory EO4 (200 lumen incan extreme output)
    2. NB XP-G 1.4A neutral white
    3. NB XM-L 2.4A neutral white
    I'm not sure why this is but the XM-L runs cooler than the XP-G in my FM host.
    Actually I think you are right, my XM-L's are a little cooler running Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Morelite View Post
    Looks like we might have them Monday.
    Tracking shows mine in Warrendale Pa, only about 120 miles away for me and what about 200 for you.
    Hmmmm, I have yet to receive a notice of shipping.....hmmmm....

Karl

Well, seems as though Chris doesn't sleep!! He was in touch with me and, I now have the tracking numbers! Whew, thought I was gonna die without my new Titanium!!! Yeowza!!! Thanks Chris! Now, get back to sleep!

Karl

Frank, did you get to try your setup? Results? How's the heat buildup with this combination?

Karl

Full payment sent.

Flashaholic*

Frank, did you get to try your setup? Results? How's the heat buildup with this combination?

Karl
    Hi Karl,
    The light gets hot after 5 or six minutes left on high and unattended. After that it's hard to get rid of the heat. But if you handle the light from the start it gets warm very warm but it is manageable.

The middle setting is all I need for a walk in the dark. The middle setting gets warm, but not so much.

I am very happy with this drop-in and Chris' awesome light. The nice thing is there is plenty of light and all three setting with just one cell too.

Frank

Thanks Frank---to the point--just as I like reviews!

Karl

A P91 with 2 imrs would go quite nicely in there.

I'm pretty sure that the Oveready drop-in can also be used with 2 AW 18350s (or 2 Ultrafire 18350s) without the extension tube for maximum output. When mine arrives, I will no doubt try this set-up.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Received today! Wow, it's an extremely superb host, Chris. Absolute perfection and completely exudes quality. Couldn't be happier! Now off to find the proper drop-in. Thank you!

Mine came as well.
    Awesome craftsmanship Chris.
    Thanks Again for making these superb hosts.

Chris,

My beauty arrived today. Dropped a NB three level XML, 1C tint, with smooth reflector (all I can is outstanding).

Thanks,

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bf1 View Post
    Chris,

My beauty arrived today. Dropped a NB three level XML, 1C tint, with smooth reflector (all I can is outstanding).

Thanks,

Barry
    Congrats Barry, BTW did you use the external spring from the NB drop-in or did you detach it?

Daniel,
    I left the spring on. Thanks for the great advice!
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Congrats Barry, BTW did you use the external spring from the NB drop-in or did you detach it?

Daniel,
    Barry
    Thanks for the info. Can't wait for mine to arrive. I wish I lived in the US!

Thanks for the info. Can't wait for mine to arrive. I wish I lived in the US!
    Me too! It would be nice having a great guy as yourself on my side of the pond.

I removed the spring on mine because with it there was a tiny gap between the head and body. It works just the same without it. I guess I could cut a coil or so off as NB states is sometimes required.

Daniel,
    Barry

Me too! It would be nice having a great guy as yourself on my side of the pond.
    Thank you Barry.

Just adding to the pile of extremely satisfied customers - mine arrived today, had an NB XM-L and an XP-G waiting, and have been swapping back and forth all afternoon. Tremendous work as always by the TnC folks - much obliged!

I'm pretty sure that the Oveready drop-in can also be used with 2 AW 18350s (or 2 Ultrafire 18350s) without the extension tube for maximum output. When mine arrives, I will no doubt try this set-up.
    You are correct. I use two 18350's in a bored 6P host for that drop-in.

I hope your new toy lands soon.
    WTB: Mac's Customs Tri-EDC (aluminum) in excellent condition & bored to accept an 18350. Also an Oveready Custom Black HA C2 body (or complete host) in excellent condition.

Mine landed today and is every bit of the amazing work Chris Ogaz has turned out for many, many years!! Chris's work second to none!

I am fortunate in having multiple hosts besides the 18650 Ti for a number of combinations (the last one "stolen" from Drywolf):

Nailbender XPE red platinum dragon
    Nailbender Cree XPG 3 level
    Nailbender Luminus SST 50 5 level
    Nailbender 395nm Cree UV
    Oveready TorchLAB L3 L/M/H Triple XPG - Three Level Drop In

Karl

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast