Dspeck E2e battery ext, compatible twisty tail?

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
I recently got a Dspeck E2e extension and have been running in a 9v KL1 configuration. It is very nicely made and I have found it to be useful.

I was thinking it would be cool if there was a twisty tail cap for it, so one could have a near arc sized light that could take either the KL1 or MN01 bezel.

Basically it would make an E1e (minus clip) with an Arc style of twisty tail (maybe w/ a lanyard hole?).

To me it would seem that the addition of a compatible twisty tail cap would make good use of the existing equipment that people already own... enableing them to create a whole new additional light with just the ext, and a spare head.

Is there already such a beast? If so any idea where I could find one? If there are none, does the idea spark the interest of anybody who could make them? (ideally in a surefire colored natural HA)

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Think I saw a post on the battery extension thread, about making an adapter for the 123 and AA extensions, so you could use a Z52 tail cap. Then you would have a modular flashlight. Don't know what the status is.
oldgrandpajack

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
I haven't seen that thread.

...since I don't own a Z52 tail cap, I like my twisty idea better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jcciv said:
That would be great...a replacement E1E body. Wouldn't that violate a SureFire patent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if the engraving ran the lenght of the body (or the circumfrence of the head or body), if the engraving was kattywhampus to the circumfrence we'd be lawsuit proof -- or maybe if we put the engraving on the inside!!!!! Or hey, we could start the engraving on the body... and finish it on the head!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Besides, if surefire had a patent on the thread size and pitch, Dspeck is already open to litigation (sarcasm intended)

If there was no lug, just a twisty, I'd think that it would be significantly shorter than a regular E1 body... and have less moving parts to break.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif no interest in making a few?

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have drawn up plans two tailcap styles for this extension, one for a SF tailcap, and one for a shrouded Kroll clickie. I have not yet received quotes on them, so I am going to ask another company for a quote on them. With any luck, we can have an affordable, fully-modular system going. I'll have to design a head for this light for full modlarity (is that a word? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ), but it's a start. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif