Titanium P60 Style 26650 Light! ** Discussion / Interest Thread **

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is to guage interest in a light that a few people have requested.

This will be the Light Housing ONLY! No P60 style drop-in will be included!

We need to try to get atleast five on the list!

Specs on the light Housing:

Price: $486.00 ea

Please Pre-Pay / Pre-Order to lock in your options and get this started. Click HERE!
  • 26650 housing made of Domestic 6-4 Grade Titanium
  • Head that will accept a P60 Style Drop-in
  • Crenulated Bezel
  • McClicky Tail Switch
  • O-rings
  • AR Coated Glass Lens
  • Length 5.35 in
  • Body Dia 1.26 in Head dia 1.45 in
IMPORTANT: Since these lights are made of Titanium Please use Caution when using High Current Draw Drop-ins, as this light could get extremely hot! Titanium is not good for heat dissapation and transfer!

Interest List!
  1. Morelite - V1 - PAID 2X
  2. dbleznak
  3. easilyled - V3 - PAID
  4. Halibut - V3 - PAID
  5. chipwillis - V3 - PAID
  6. karlthev - V3 - PAID
Version 1
Ti_26650_V1_with_V3_Head_on_the_side.jpg

Version 3

Ti_26650_V3.jpg

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I can start an interest list in Aluminum. I will make the 18650 version in aluminum also. It will probably be more of a discussion list rather than a sales thread since I am planning on making the 18650 light in aluminum anyways. :)

Chris

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
I would personally prefer a larger head based on the D36 drop-in to match the proportions of the 26650 body, based on the generated designs above.

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
:hitit::drool::drool::drool:
Both look great Chris, exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for putting this interest thread up.
I'm in for version 2 but will be happy with either one.

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would personally prefer a larger head based on the D36 drop-in to match the proportions of the 26650 body, based on the generated designs above.

I am sure that could be done. As of now it has an adapter and head for the P60 style drop in. Trying to keep the light as sleek as possible. I will check on the D36 Drop-in. Might be a little time since I don't have one of those heads or drop-ins available to take some measurments from.

I didn't want to just make a large head when just using a P60 drop-in.

BTW! The renderings don't do the finished work any justice. :)

Chris

easilyled

Flashaholic
I am sure that could be done. As of now it has an adapter and head for the P60 style drop in. Trying to keep the light as sleek as possible. I will check on the D36 Drop-in. Might be a little time since I don't have one of those heads or drop-ins available to take some measurments from.

I didn't want to just make a large head when just using a P60 drop-in.

BTW! The renderings don't do the finished work any justice. :)

Chris

Thanks for considering the idea of a D36 head.
With this head, the general proportions with a 26650 body would probably look more similar to the P60 light,
but just a larger version.

It would offer a longer run time because of the 26650, but also more throw because of the larger reflector.
CPF'er "nailbender" has a thread for D36 drop-ins as well as for P60 drop-ins (which are in fact equivalent to D26)

easilyled

Flashaholic
How much bigger is the d36? I also think the head needs to be bigger.

The D36 reflector is 36mm in diameter vs. the P60/D26 which is 26mm.

This is a light that saltytri made which has a 26650 body and a head which contains a D36 reflector just to illustrate the proportions:-

IMG_2318_C.jpg

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe I'm the only one that wants a light like this.
OK go ahead and make mine. :devil:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the ones that saw it wanted a larger head. I haven't been able to design a larger head because I don't have a D36 drop-in. Now if someone wanted to loan me theirs, or let me know where I could get one for cheap, I would be able to design the head around it.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a D36 head or drop-in yet but if the the D36 head will fit the above body and also the 18650 version I would be interested in all of them. I really want and need the 26650 body so if the D36 head and the P60 style head both fit both bodies I'm all for it.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I can't figure out why this 26650 host looks so long.

I'd prefer a P60 head on a 26650 body, I guess. This host doesn't seem to take advantage of the size of the battery??

Maybe I am just unable to size it correctly in my mind's eye.

obi

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I can't figure out why this 26650 host looks so long.

I'd prefer a P60 head on a 26650 body, I guess. This host doesn't seem to take advantage of the size of the battery??

Maybe I am just unable to size it correctly in my mind's eye.

obi
It is only 5.35" long, half of that is the battery.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm having a good think about this host and I can't seem to justify getting one yet in my mind (but I'm working on it)

* Ti can't take too much heat so DD IMO is out, (even a fairly hard driven xp-g will cook in Ti) so you are only getting 1000 extra amp hours runtime out of a 26650 battery for having that extra bulk and they are not protected (but maybe the 4sevens ones are)
* if it had a D36 head/drop in you would get more throw but that's all - you still can't push any led hard ether way.

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
C-Flex%2028650%20Titanium%20P60%20Light1%20V3.PNG

I would buy a couple 26650 lights in aluminum and HA natural or black coating. I think there would be a lot of people who missed FM's offering that would in for a few too. This type of host would be great for the P60 quads being offered lately. A seperate D36 head to use with this body would be nice too.
Frank

:)

Last edited: