And the thieves made off with ...

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Got a call from my mom tonight - seems someone broke into my dad's car during the night, while it was parked in their driveway.

It's an older model Acura, and since it sits in the driveway all the time, they are paranoid about always keeping it locked. Someone must have jimmied it, as the door was ajar this morning. Inside, the glovebox was open and the items scattered on the seat.

The only thing of value taken? The Fenix P1 I gave my dad as an emergency light five years ago. :crackup:

The original P1 was a single-stage lux III, maybe ~35-40 lumens. Hope the thieves enjoy the ill-gotten gains. At least they have discriminating tastes. :rolleyes:

Now to dig out a suitable replacement from my stockpile ...

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Aww man, that stinks. At least they didn't get much. Time for an upgrade for your dad! :)
On the plus side, my dad had used it a fair amount, so the original Duracell CR123A battery is probably almost dead. The thief/thieves will be surprised when they find out it costs ~$12-$15 to replace it at a typical box store around here. :laughing:

Thank goodness for inexpensive online battery sources.

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Those ******! I had my house broken into a while ago, took all of my mother's jewelry and my first ever flashlight (Energizer cheapie).

Last edited by a moderator:

DM51

Flashaholic
CheepSteal, annoyance is understandable, but please mind your language. This is a family-friendly forum.