• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Dropin for Maglite 2D using alkalines...

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a copper colored 2D Maglite that needs an upgrade to LED. I was going to go with a high output module that would require rechargables, but I can't afford the nearly $200 price tag. :-(

So I would like to get the best, brightest [pushing the limits of D alkalines], with decent runtime dropin unit. I have another Maglite that is running at 1.2 amps and a K2, so would like to try to outpower it [at least somewhat, anyway].

Let me know what you have. Only interested in those who are known on this board to have produced quality products.

I have Paypal waiting.

Ps. it is possible that I can use a 6AA module in place of 2 D cells, so if that helps, let me know. If that's the case, I can pick up a few more eneloops. If there is something that works well with 4.8 volts, I can substitute a wire in place of 2 of the AA sized sells. I do have some options. Thanks!

Last edited:

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you sir, but I have something I can use. Looks good though!

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a possibility, but want to see if anyone else has something of interest. If not yours, you could point me to a link of a good dropin. Thanks!

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fusion36 sold on eBay is a great dropin for alkalines 400ish lumens on 2D cells on 6 cells probably 600-800 lumens.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fusion36 sold on eBay is a great dropin for alkalines 400ish lumens on 2D cells on 6 cells probably 600-800 lumens.

I have one of those already . . . and it really is a great flood light. Besides, I looked on ebay for "maglite dropin" and it came back with no results.

I was looking for something with a bit more throw.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I think I will just go with the Macs Custom dropin that someone is offering me in PM. That may be the apex of alkalines [3 C cells]. I may use 4 AA Eneloops on it as well.