PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEELER: Custom tailcap boots (multiple colors)

Unenlightened

Default Re: FEELER: Custom tailcap boots (multiple colors)

I would be interested in 10 or so of different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesantor View Post
    Did you REALLY think you were going to move 2500 units with just this thread?
    Well...no, especially since it's not a sales thread I said in my post that if it looked like I could sell 500 I'd consider moving forward. Some feelers get like 15 pages of responses so I'm just "feeling it out."

Any more takers?

Depending on the price, I would take 10-20

So here is a poll...is there anything else that would make you interested in these? I figure if I'm going to make stuff it should be stuff that people want

Cheers,

Jason

Flashaholic*

You could contact a dealer here on CPF and see if they would be interested in carrying them. O f course I'm sure they would like to see some samples.

If you're just asking about ANY product,I'd like to see more C-series products. Heads,bezels,bodies and tailcaps.
    Always wondered about a twisty or side clicky P60 host.
    my typin is bad and my speeling is evenworse...

Archer,
    Have you had any more developments on this? As I said before, I would definitely be interested in colored mag boots but I don't know if that's even an option on the table. Furthermore, maybe my interest is a niche market as all of my mag mods generally involve changing the color/appearance of the mag. Keep that in mind. I would hate to see you undertake this endeavor and not sell enough to even cover your associated costs. I thank you for at least making an attempt to bring this to market- it would be awesome.

I'd take a half dozen in different colors for my SF mclickies and McG clicky paks.

Lighthound, uniquetitanium, or other guys like these might be willing to take some if you get in touch with them.
    McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review MY LIGHTS!! McGizmo: Get It, Use It, Love It. Why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?

Quote Originally Posted by EASTWOOD View Post
    Archer,
    Have you had any more developments on this? As I said before, I would definitely be interested in colored mag boots but I don't know if that's even an option...
    Not at this stage, that is a new project and a new mold, and basically starting over in terms of cost. It might be an easier selling product though I'll definitely keep it in mind, but it will be down the road since it also does not contribute to my current light offering. Are mag mods still as popular as they have been in the past?

Any more interest in this?

Also, let me know if you have suggestions for retailers to contact. On my list so far:

1) Oveready
    2) ShiningBeam
    3) Illumination Supply
    4) ...?

I know some of the retailers hang out around here so if you are one of those folks and would be interested please send me a PM or email

Hi there. I would be up for a dozen or so.

Are you planning "glow" colors ? This may be something that people would seek. Other then the green glow that are on the market, there are no other colors that glow I can locate. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by flashmenow View Post
    Hi there. I would be up for a dozen or so.

Are you planning "glow" colors ? This may be something that people would seek. Other then the green glow that are on the market, there are no other colors that glow I can locate. Just a thought.
    That's a good point. I looked into it and basically there is green, blue, and red that are "fairly" common. The only problem is that blue and red have a MUCH shorter glow time. Green is rated (optimistically) at 12 hours or so. Blue is something like 6 hours and red is only an hour or two.

I had assumed that this would be undesirable but please feel free to chime in if you'd like to see these colors anyway.

Unenlightened

I'd definitely buy some each of Olive Drab, Sand, Red, Grey

Not much of a fan of orange or the light GITD green.

Definitely interested in BLUE and GREY but based on price would definitely order all different colors... for prices closer to $1 would go for more than a dozen of all colors, for closer to $2 would be only blue and grey, probably...

Also, GID BLUE would be awesome...

Speaking of blue, to steal a topic for a sec, any chance of finding O-Rings in blue or even better GID blue that would fit Surefire ??? Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    Speaking of blue, to steal a topic for a sec, any chance of finding O-Rings in blue or even better GID blue that would fit Surefire ??? Just a thought...
    If you know what size o-ring surefire uses you can order "fluorosilicone" o-rings that are blue...but they are about $1 each. It's what the military uses for fuel lines. Not aware of anyone that makes GITD blue though...but it would be cool

Depending on the price......ill take around 5 to 15+ can u make some clear ?

Just wanted to check... are you going to go forward with this ??? I'm still interested in Blue the most... but for reasonable price I'm sure everybody would do like me - order few of each...

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    Just wanted to check... are you going to go forward with this ??? I'm still interested in Blue the most... but for reasonable price I'm sure everybody would do like me - order few of each...
    Right now this is pretty much on ice. I need to get my sales volume up a bit more. I'm still hopeful though!

I'd buy one of each available color.

Banned

I am interested in Blue, green, red.

May be 5 of each color.