Eneloop charger

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can vouch for the BatteryJunction charger as a solid, if unspectacular smart charger filling your cells with a sedate current, making it easy on the cell. It's a four-channel smart charger, though it only lets you know when the cells are done in batches of four, which is bad if three only need topping up and one is flat dead.

The new charger looks interesting, but I have no experience with it. It seems to overcome the limitation of the MQN-05, (one "ready light") but the user interface leaves something to be desired. (what if I only want to double-charge one cell?)

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can get your hands on one locally, I've never had a problem with the Duracell cef23dx4n. It's cheap, has 4 independent channels and car/USB charger. Quite highly regarded in the low-budget charger market around here.

bleagh

Newly Enlightened
please be aware that the GES-MQN05-4 is slow charger without independent charging bay, NC-MQR06 is more likely the charger you are looking for

Not quite right as the MQN05 does in fact have indepentent charging for each of the 4 channels. The MQN05 is a nice charger if you don't mind (or even prefer) the slower charge rate. It takes about 6 hours for AAA Eneloops, 7+ for AA Eneloops, and about 10 hours (8+2 as the charger has and 8 hour time limit and needs to be restarted for higher capacity batteries) for 2700 Sanyo.

I prefer the MQN05 over my C-9000 for AAA as it is a bit easier on AAA batteries.
(Minor correction, it is a bit easier on AAA than the C-9000 when left for full charge plus 2 hour topoff, and fuller charge than the C-9000 if not left in for topoff.)

Last edited:

Napalm

Enlightened
baaaa I think I might just get a C-9000

Beware of size. If you need a "travel" charger you don't want the C-9000.

5773491860_3dde5f68de_b.jpg

Nap.

ecrbattery

Newly Enlightened
Beware of size. If you need a "travel" charger you don't want the C-9000.
Nap.

I see that Napalm followed the CPF motto, GET BOTH!

Maha C9000 for home and a portable Sanyo charger for "travel".

Here is size comparison: NC-MQN05, NC-MQR06, C9000
ow9e7.jpg

The NC-MQN05 with the sliding cover removed is the same size as the NC-MQR06.

DonnaM

Newly Enlightened
I have the middle Sanyo one that came with a pack of Eneloops. Is this an adequate battery charger or should I buy a C9000 or something like that? I don't really care about the speed of the charge, I just want to make sure I'm not over-charging or messing up my Eneloops for my flashlights and camera equipment by using the Sanyo charger.

Last edited:

Wrend

Enlightened
A charger like the MH-C9000 (that charges/discharges cells individually instead of in series) is better. Another nice thing about the C9000 is that it can show the discharge capacity of the cells so that you can match them up properly when used in devices that take more than one cell in series. This way you're also less likely to damage the cells.

Last edited:

EndlessFields

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the information & pictures on the C9000 charger. Nice to see a comparison of size to other chargers.

ecrbattery

Newly Enlightened
NC-MQR06 on the left and the NC-MQN06 on the right.

4YpSN.jpg

The NC-MQN06 is sold along with eneloop pack in the US. It is an inferior charger since it is slower and required you to charge in pair.

The NC-MQR06 is not available in the US (unless you import it). It does not have a UL or ETL symbol on the back so Sanyo is probably not going to sell it in the US or Canada. This is the superior charger with independent charging channels and 4 blue LED indicators (hidden under plastic). The NC-MQR06 is also more expensive.

Here is my personal rating for eneloop chargers.

From left to right:

NC-MQN06 - BAD
NC-MQN05 - OK
NC-MQR06 - GOOD
MAHA C9000 - EXCELLENT
FUTABA CDR-5000 - OVERKILL :devil:

GWmyx.jpg