14500 Battery in the washer and dryer

AmmoBox

Newly Enlightened
About 6 months ago, I lost one of my blue trustfire 14500 Batteries and couldn't find it anywhere...

Sure enough, about 2 weeks later I found it in the bottom of the dryer, it had been washed and dried in our laundry.

I put it in my ultrafire C3 , sure enough, it fired right up and worked fine. I took it out of the light, and put it in my charger, and watched it closely. It ended up holding a charge, just as all my other 14500's do. The only effect the washer and dry had on the battery was some discoloration around the positive end (turned brown), and of course all the ink text smeared away.

Fast forward 6 months to now, I still use it in my light from time to time, but of course its only used as a spare, and I ALWAYS watch it when I charge it.

I'm sure some of you guys wouldn't use the battery, and think its unsafe, and im surei n some way it probably damaged it. But I made this post to show how tough batteries actually can be.

1000440nu.jpg

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a couple of cells that have been over discharged vent brown goo. It's probably time to put it in the bin.

xxllmm4

Newly Enlightened
You average 2 weeks between laundry loads??

LOL I was thinking the same thing, at my house it would have been dried about 40 times! My guess would be that its just the end cap is rusted and its fine. But for $2-3 its a good excuse to pick up some new ones :)

Latest posts