D cell Li-ion

ecotack

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a supplier of quality, low leakage, D cell Li-ion batteries, must be protected cells and fast shipping to the UK?

Or, has anyone come across a water proof battery holder for 18650s, similar to the Bulgin BXS016?
BSX0016_400px.jpg

moderator007

Enlightened
This is the only protected 32650 that i know of, that you dont have to buy a hundred. Just to order. I havent tested them but maybe someone here has. Their site says they can ship international from usa.

ecotack

Newly Enlightened
Just looks like the un-branded ones KD sell. There is also a mistake on the specs.

Still looking for ones that are branded, i.e., if they explode there is someone to sue ;)

moderator007

Enlightened
I received mine yesterday (6-30-2011). One of mine is damaged. The pcb is tore threw the heatshrink wrap. The pcb is just loosely hanging on the battery. I contacted novaeproducts yesterday by email and i have yet to get a reply. I also contacted by email today with no reply.
The battery is unsafe to use. I dont know if it was damaged in shipment. The package looks fine. It appears as if the battery was droped hard on the corner of the pcb pushing it threw the other side of the heatshrink. I ll post how this company handles the replacement of the battery.

Can anyone comment on their dealings with this company.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to allow a little more time. Not every company responds right away. They took a day or two to respond to my queries. :)

moderator007

Enlightened
Here's a pic of the damaged battery. Looks like humpty dumpty had a great fall.
32650damage.jpg

ecotack, i didn't mean to still your thread. I did refer these to you. I thought what the heck i'll order some and test them.

I have searched for awhile for a li-ion in the D form. Xtar is the only brand name i know. They made them to fit in Xtar flashlights. They have been around for awhile but i dont know if they even still make these. I did see one china seller of these. But you would have to buy a hundred just to order.

Update: Novaeproducts has emailed me and offered me a replacement. I guess the holiday slowed things down.

Last edited: