Klarus

Thread: Tri-v waterproofness?

Hybrid View

Default Tri-v waterproofness?

Hey guys

Im really bothered by the fact that the tri-v is not waterproof..i want to at leaat be able use my light in the rain..i hope the tri-v2 will be waterproof..

Edit: i think i should ask this first..how watertight is the tri-v? Ia it rain/shower proof? How bout a little dunk?
    Last edited by helios123; 06-23-2011 at 04:03 PM.

I ran my 007 under running water to clean it once. It is o-ring sealed and should be safe to expose to some water. I assumed the Tri-V was the same. Did you read somewhere that it is not? If so, I would like to know too.
    Last edited by blackfly; 06-23-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Default Re: Tri-v waterproofness?

Quote Originally Posted by blackfly View Post
    I ran my 007 under running water to clean it once. It is o-ring sealed and should be safe to expose to some water. I assumed the Tri-V was the same. Did you read somewhere that it is not? If so, I would like to know too.
    I remember Dave saying that it is not waterproof, but if you do get it wet then wait until it's completely fry before using it..can somebody clarify this? My only concern is that whether it's rain / shower proof or not..

The reason the Tri V, version 1, is not rated as waterproof/resistant, is the exposed flood emitter. I don' think water directly on that would be a good thing.
    Not sure on the V2, but with the flood, I believe this will be covered, so it should be more water friendly.

I just want to be able to use the light in rain in case of emergency..even better if it is at least 1m dunk proof..the thing is all the parts have o rings..the only exposed part is fhe flood emitter..i hope dave would fix this on the v2 and make it rain proof. What a shame the flood emitter is the only thing making it not waterproof..

I've emailed dave about this..lets see what he says. I'll let you guys know after i get a definite answer from him
    Last edited by helios123; 06-24-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Grammar

Default Tri-v waterproofness?

Will the lens cap prevent rain drops from getting into the flood emitter?