SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 1 of 24 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Flashaholic

Thumbs up ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Known Preliminary Information:

Status: Both the H600 & H600w are scheduled to be released in September 2011.

Features:

• White: Cree XM-L 6300 nominal CCT, 65 typical CRI
    • Neutral: Cree XM-L, 4200 nominal CCT, 75 typical CRI
    • Beam Type: Spill + Spot
    • Modes: 8
    • Max Output: 750/500 Lms (white)
    • Low Output: .1 Lms (1920 hours, (white))
    • Battery: one 18650
    • All levels are current regulated

- Jas.

Features will be added to this post when available.
    Last edited by JA(me)S; 06-23-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Added Feature

Default Re: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Please clarify! The name of the thread contains H600w yet the body states SC600.
    I hope you mean that both an SC600w AND H600w will be available in September!!??!!
    G27

If you check the online spreadsheet, it says both H600 and H600w will launch Sept 2011.

w00T! $190 saved for an H600w + SC600w!

Flashaholic

Well, that's embarrassing! I had just spent time in the SC600 thread before posting this - my apologies. Both the H600 and H600w are scheduled for a September release. (and you shouldn't have to wait that long for the SC600w - it is scheduled for release in August.)

- Jas.

still no support for 2x primaries?

thanks for the heads up

Okay, I'm going to ask a dumb question here... Why would anyone need 750L from a headlamp?

Admittedly I'm not a caver or anything like that, but I do use headlamps a lot for camping and household uses as well, but I find the 169L H1 setting of my H51w to be plenty bright for all of my needs. What's more, the more power output of a headlamp, the worse the tunnel vision effect for me.

Just seems like overkill to me.
    What? Me? Derail a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by B0wz3r View Post
    Okay, I'm going to ask a dumb question here... Why would anyone need 750L from a headlamp?

Admittedly I'm not a caver or anything like that, but I do use headlamps a lot for camping and household uses as well, but I find the 169L H1 setting of my H51w to be plenty bright for all of my needs. What's more, the more power output of a headlamp, the worse the tunnel vision effect for me.

Agree with you Prof, but I still want one

Could always choose not to turn it on high until needed.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Flashaholic

How does 200 Lms for 6 hours or 65 Lms for 18 hours sound? (My guesses)

- Jas.

Flashaholic*

I guess i'll be ordering 1 of each.

Quote Originally Posted by JA(me)S View Post

- Jas.
    I think that sounds GREAT! A headlamp running for 6 hours on full regulation, why not?
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Just imagine, the power of the Sun on your forehead.... all the creatures of the night will bow down before thee, a supernatural being with rays spewing out of the head.

I would want one because I'd normally strap it to my gear to use it as a handsfree flashlight instead of a headlamp. So, a brighter output option is always good.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    Just imagine, the power of the Sun on your forehead.... all the creatures of the night will bow down before thee, a supernatural being with rays spewing out of the head.
    But he'd have to change his name to Helios:

- Jas.

So that's what the "H" in H600 is for....

This looks like the light I have been waiting for providing the spill is good. There was a question if this was overkill. I am a caver and no it is not from my perspective.

At the moment I cave with an Oldham caplamp, Speliotechnics headlite battery pack and a Custom Duo LED insert. This gives 150lm for about 10 hours or 400lm for a lot less but it is heavy and bulky. As I cave a lot in tight caves (Mendip, UK) then I am on the lookout for small setups with a long runtime.

It is also nice to have a good throw momentarily when looking up into avens and route finding in larger systems.

I actually often cave with a ZL H51 as my main light. In tight passage ways 30lm is plenty and the 100lm setting is fine when the cave opens out a bit or on tricky climbs. However, more light more often would be less of a comprimise. The other point is that as everyone else gets brighter lights a dim light becomes more dangerous - somebody walking behind you throws you into shadow. There are increasing numbers of cavers with high end lights now like Scurions.

I know it was a different thread about ZL reliability but I would say my H51 has never let me down and it gets a very tough life caving. Got me safely out of Thrupe Lane Swallet when my primary light brike the other day.

I was looking at the Spark SD5 but this is flood only so I think this will be much better. The other Sparks don't have enough flood and too tight a spot for caving IMHO.

BogMonster

Cus it'd be really cool!!
    Also, I go trail running before the sun comes up, and my H51w is just not bright enough. If walking then it's fine, but every morning there are fresh spider webs across the trail that need to be avoided. So the brighter the better for spotting them. Currently I use two lights to get the job done (ZL SC60 on a nitecore headband and a Quark Turbo X.) I bet the H600 would get the job done on its own.

I can see there would be needs for an overkill headlamp... But with caving, it sounds like you're describing a photonic arms race... everyone is out to get the brightest light so they can see over everyone else's light... then they go out and get something even brighter, then you have to get something brighter than that... before you know it, everyone is blinded!!!

The long runtime on a low lumen setting sounds nice. I personally have never needed more than the 10 hours on M1 from my H51w though.
    What? Me? Derail a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by JA(me)S
    Known Preliminary Information:

Status: Both the H600 & H600w are scheduled to be released in September 2011.

Features:

[*]White: Cree XM-L 6300 nominal CCT, 65 typical CRI[*]Neutral: Cree XM-L, 4200 nominal CCT, 75 typical CRI[*]Beam Type: Spill + Spot[*]Modes: 8[*]Max Output: 750/500 Lms (white)[*]Low Output: .1 Lms (1920 hours, (white))[*]Battery: one 18650[*]All levels are current regulated

- Jas.

Features will be added to this post when available.
    Are there pictures available?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bogmonster View Post

I was looking at the Spark SD5 but this is flood only so I think this will be much better. The other Sparks don't have enough flood and too tight a spot for caving IMHO.

BogMonster
    All of the Spark headlamps have a removable bezel and a flood lens included.

Estimated 1920 hours at .1 lumens? NICE! Just wish they could make L1 at .02 lumens and L2 at .1 lumens. One can dream...

Banned

Does anyone know details about this light?

Looks Same as H60? Or centred LED like SPARK?
    Beam type? Hot spot or even flood?

Sounds promising, I dare say this will be bought over the H502...

Flashaholic*

I don't use it as headlamp. I always use ZL Hxx as multifunction utility light. Believe me, it serves as a great unidirectional lantern. I hope this would be a real flood light like those make ZL famous and unique instead of those using reflector with frosted lens.

Edited later. It's H600 not H602:-(
    Last edited by Alan; 06-24-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JA(me)S View Post

- Jas.
    thats the reason why i need me a XM-L headlamp.

using my H501w on max gets hot, and causes my head to sweat!

driving a XM-L lower, with extended runtimes, and still providing around 100 lumens would be ideal for me.

also, having a flood beam. imagine 700 lumens of pure flood!

Banned

Just noticed in the initial spec it is spot plus flood.

Not for me then. H502 it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JS_280 View Post
    Estimated 1920 hours at .1 lumens? NICE! Just wish they could make L1 at .02 lumens and L2 at .1 lumens. One can dream...
    I have a H51 and its 0.2lm looks the same as the 0.1lm. I think its the bigger reflector.
    What do you mean they blew up the death star.......... Wait....What the hell is an Aluminium Falcon?

That would be nice. Anyone know if the QTC (Quantum Tunnelling Composite) material will work in a Zebralight for getting lower lows?

Quote Originally Posted by pblanch View Post
    I have a H51 and its 0.2lm looks the same as the 0.1lm. I think its the bigger reflector.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a super-low low at .02 lumen. I have a H51Fw and the .2 lumen setting on it is still WAY too bright for going to the bathroom or checking on the dog at night.

My ThruNite Neutron has 0.1 lumen and it's just about right for a midnight wakeup. Reducing that by a fifth would be too dim for my use, just my opinion.

The currently running poll is telling us that people are more concerned about a light going LOW enough, than HIGH enough! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
    My ThruNite Neutron has 0.1 lumen and it's just about right for a midnight wakeup. Reducing that by a fifth would be too dim for my use, just my opinion.

The currently running poll is telling us that people are more concerned about a light going LOW enough, than HIGH enough! Ha!
    The current low on my H51Fw would be sufficient if I wasn't worried about waking my wife who is a light sleeper. It would also be nice to have a dimmer light to avoid waking the dog if I check on her in her crate.

But to keep from sidetracking this thread, the current estimated numbers are looking very impressive. It's almost comical that the Flashlight industry is able to quote very usable outputs for (what used to be) insane periods of runtime...and here I am wishing for the dimmest version of it. Guess I'll have to buy this one AND the new JetBeam RRT-0 so i can have the .003 lumen low. It's a great time to be a flashaholic... ;-)

Guess I'll have to buy this one AND the new JetBeam RRT-0 so i can have the .003 lumen low. It's a great time to be a flashaholic... ;-)
    And that's a great light for ANY flashaholic. Perfect low lows!

Page 1 of 24 1234567811 ... LastLast