Battery Junction
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Default Re: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Yeah, if it's zebralight.com they're in Irving, Texas USA. I've never quite figured out how they fit into the bigger picture of ZebraLight, though. Maybe they represent North American distribution or western hemisphere distribution or something along those lines. They're only a couple of hundred miles from me -- maybe I should just drive by and see what's up...

Quote Originally Posted by B0wz3r View Post
    Varuscelli... I agree... seems we're on the same page on a lot of this stuff... they say great minds think alike after all!
    An insanity shared is an insanity halved. Or is it "an insanity shared is an insanity doubled"?

So we're either half as crazy or twice as crazy as the rest of the folks around here.

I think Texas is the ownership, management, and design. Then they contract with a factory in China. What's a mystery to me is who handles the southern hemisphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
    I think Texas is the ownership, management, and design. Then they contract with a factory in China. What's a mystery to me is who handles the southern hemisphere.
    Will find out when the NW version comes out

I think Texas is the ownership, management, and design. Then they contract with a factory in China.
    Ahh, I always wondered about that. I've never actually seen it discussed, although I haven't read every post about ZebraLight, either. But I've also seen people talk about orders in Europe that ship from China or something to that effect...so I wonder if there are multiple points of distribution or if people are just making an assumption about where shipping originates. Of course, there are third-party vendors but I mean for those that are ordered straight from ZebraLight. I know the couple of orders I've placed with ZebraLight have come from Irving, Texas -- but I always assumed (erroneously, it seems) that was just a U.S. distribution point or something along those lines.

I believe some, possibly many, orders get "drop shipped" from China. As my wife explains this: "You order from the retailer but the wholesaler ships it to you." In this case the wholesaler being the factory or factory-local shipping outfit. My best guess is that we receive items either from China and from Texas, depending on where we live. There may be another main distribution point of which I'm unaware. I'll bet most of the third party vendors get their orders drop-ship, but that's a wild guess.

Quote Originally Posted by B0wz3r View Post
    I've got a couple of odd 123 lights sitting around, but if I had a Ra or a Milky, heck yeah! I'd keep 'em!
    Fortunately, one of the Milky Mods also runs on two 18650 batteries with the right carrier (or six CR123A), so it's a cross-over model.

Sorry, I realize this has nothing to do with the H600...but since we're just sitting around waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post
    Fortunately, one of the Milky Mods also runs on two 18650 batteries with the right carrier (or six CR123A), so it's a cross-over model.

Sorry, I realize this has nothing to do with the H600...but since we're just sitting around waiting...

Neat looking light though...

For now, let's just go with "halved"

Come on Zebralight... Neutral! Neutral! Neutral!
    What? Me? Derail a thread?

Its a shame that the h600 doesnt include the H51s' pocket clip.
    The silicone Pocketclip is just awful.

Things i'd like to change on the h600:
    • Pocket clip should be like H51s'.
    • The O-ring between reflector and glass-lens should be GITD.
    • There should be a Battery Indicator like on the Petzl Tikka XP.
    • Zebralight needs a better Headband attachment for all their Headlamps. Silicone is wobbly and leads to dents on my forehead. Again see the Petzl or BD lights.

This post has been enhanced with the Misspeller.

The SC600w is now available for preorder. I realize this is no indication as to how long it's going to actually take before we SEE one (since it's taken the H600 so long), but I suppose we can at least assume they are a lot closer to having a neutral version of the H600 too? If this is the case, I may just hold off on my purchase of the cool white H600. I much prefer neutral, and if it means waiting a month longer I think I can manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty66 View Post
    • Zebralight needs a better Headband attachment for all their Headlamps. Silicone is wobbly and leads to dents on my forehead.
    I've lost track of the post where another member re-routed the ZebraLight headband, but here are a couple of pics of my own H501w headband re-routed. Re-routing this way does a lot to address both issues you mention (although I've never experienced any noticeable wobbling with the H501w). I'm just assuming at this point something similar will work with the larger H600, but since we haven't yet see if the silicon holder is exactly the same, it's hard to say until people actually start getting the H600 in hand. At least, I haven't seen any photos of what's shipping and the ZL site doesn't show photos with the H600 headband or holder. But here are before-and-after pics of the easy re-routing of the H501w headband.

These silicone holders are not on par with what zebralight delivers in their lamps.
    Its a shame that such good headlamps like the Zebras are downplayed by bad accessorys.

Its no wonder that you didnt notice any wobble with the 501. Try a spotlight like the h51 and you will be annoyed by the wobbling. It gets even worse with heavier lights - the wobbling is also there with the h60 i own - even though its flood. It will be even worse with the h600.
    And rethreading does help with the dents but thats not really what i call a solution. The engineers at ZL should really spend some more time on engineering a complete headlamp and not just the lamps.

Not that the GITD silicone holder gives me any problems, but I'm using the black rubber (?) holder on one light and it seems to be even grippier on the light. Very small sample size in this study, n=1.

Yeah, I get the red head dents too, but I only see them, I don't feel them.

Bolster: I've noticed that, too, with the black holder gripping the lamp (the H501w, anyway) tighter than the GITD holder. With the H501w, it doesn't seem to make that much difference -- at least, not with my personal use -- but I do notice that it's much easier to roll the lamp in the GITD holder (arguably a bit too easy).

Shorty66: You must be the person who posted the review of the H600 on the ZebraLight website. Interesting review, and I envy the fact that must have received yours earlier than most buyers.

My review made no points i couldnt make without having the light.

And i certainly dont want to bash ZL here. I only want them to now hwat they could do better - espacially since they didnt really work on their accessorys since the q50

Well...there's always the possibility that ZL has done something different with the silicon holder.

In the past, they seem to have come up with new options for several aspects of the lights and accessories they deliver. I think until we actually see the headband/holder that arrives with the H600, it might be a bit premature to criticize.

I certainly don't have any particular insight into whether ZL has changed anything about the headband/holder or not, but it seems a bit unusual to me that they don't show a photo of the included accessories like they do with with their other headlamps. The lack of a photo of the headband and holder might just mean that nothing at all has changed...but then again, we won't know for sure until we see what arrives with the headlamp or until ZL posts different photos to the website.

Just putting that out there for consideration.

And i certainly dont want to bash ZL here. I only want them to now hwat they could do better - espacially since they didnt really work on their accessorys since the q50
    I don't understand.

So you wrote review without actually owning the light?

Enlightened

I don't understand why there aren't any pictures of the headband on either the Zebralight website or their Facebook page. How can they sell something like that sight unseen?
    Last edited by Sno4Life; 11-12-2011 at 12:03 PM.

yah silicone holders FLOP around when biking or jogging

my H51 does and my Spark ST460 does ALOT even with the
    top strap. the H31 isnt quite as bad as its so small.

I think the larger the light is the more it wants to twist forwards/down
    the base needs to be larger and made out of something
    much stiffer- especially for the H600(w)

curious to see what (if anything) new they come up with

oh yeah- a ziptie or two can help stiffen things a bit

The last Z/L. I purchased was ordered from Z/L's site and was delivered by free China post. Post took 11 days and the SC60W. hasn't missed a beat in six mths. or so: It's in the rotation, gets plenty of use and is a firm favorite. The size for an 18650 'light kills me.

Sparky (Australia).

I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, because I don't mean it as a flame...but I do have a bit of criticism. My feeling on the point about posting a review is that it's fine to post wish-list stuff or commentary here on the forum or to send feedback directly to ZebraLight, but it can also be misleading to post those same comments as a review on the manufacturer's site.

When I first saw that on the H600 page of the ZL site, I thought, "Hey, great -- someone's got one and they're posting a review." But then when I saw that your comments here were almost exactly the same, I suspected it wasn't actually a review but merely feedback based at least in part on speculation. If I were not a member of the CPF forum and didn't happen to be subscribed to this thread, I would have assumed that what was posted on the ZL site was based on the reviewer having actually received an H600 and related accessories.

Realistically, I'm sure you didn't intend what you posted to be misleading...but at the same time, it's at least somewhat poor form to post under a review heading comments about something you don't have in hand for personal evaluation (that is, unless you actually had received one and I was misinterpreting the situation). But if you don't own the headlamp or otherwise have hands-on access to one, I think posting comments as a review does a disservice to the product and to potential buyers who might very likely take the review information at face value.

Again, no flame intended -- just a point of what I'd have to call a misstep in proper vs improper review etiquette.

About battery life indicator: my H51w already has one. It steps down in brightness from high to medium and to low. I don't need anything more.

About everything else: I suppose the accessories could be better for those who use them. I don't. In fact, I believe my setup, for my uses, is better than anything Zebralight could possibly come up with.

All I ask for is they don't take away the swiveling clip. If they do take the clip away, it is probably due to the mistaken belief that a clip is not useful in a headlamp. That could not be further from the truth. The ability to transform from headlamp to desk lamp to overhead light, and to flashlight is what set a Zebralight headlamp apart. And the swiveling clip is what makes some of that versatility possible.
    Last edited by davidt1; 11-12-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
    All I ask for is they don't take away the swiveling clip. If they do take the clip away, it is probably due to the mistaken believe that a clip is not useful in a headlamp. That could not be further from the truth. The ability to transform from headlamp to desk lamp to overhead light, and to flashlight is what set a Zebralight headlamp apart. And the swiveling clip is what makes some of that versatility possible.
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what the ZL plan for a clip is. On the surface, it seems as though no clip is included.

The clip for the old H60 was apparently the same as the H501 with that rubber piece that completely surrounds the lamp body. The better clip would seem to be just like the one you favor, David. What I'm hoping is that perhaps they include a clip like that with the H600 even though it's not listed. It just seems really odd to think that they'd go with no clip at all.

It's possible (maybe only a slim chance, though) that ZL had not finished making all decisions on what would be included with the H600 before posting photos and the accessory list on the website. But if the website list is accurate, all that will ship with the H600 will be the headband, silicon holder and extra o-rings.

Another possibility (again, perhaps slim) is that maybe it will be something like with the first release of the SC600 where I think they did not come with a clip initially and the clip later became available (both as a standard shipped item and also sent to those who did not initially receive them, if I understand the situation with the SC600 correctly).

Enlightened

Another possibility (again, perhaps slim) is that maybe it will be something like with the first release of the SC600 where I think they did not come with a clip initially and the clip later became available (both as a standard shipped item and also sent to those who did not initially receive them, if I understand the situation with the SC600 correctly).
    I followed the SC600 thread closely and from what I read you are correct; the clip was initially not included with the light, then it was included and shipped to those that purchased beforehand. The last things added were the step regulation, the reduced parasitic drain, and the lanyard attachment with ring. As a side note the step regulation has been received with mixed emotions. I personally like it for several reasons, including what davidt1 points out - a battery life indicator, stepping down from high to medium to low.

Fortunately (for me) the H600 will be able to take advantage of the SC600's early revisions with regard to the interface and step regulation. As far as getting one of the first available, I'll be on the slower side to act and will be waiting to see what if any evolution this light goes through before it hits its stride. Plus that will allow more availability of the neutral white, along with user's opinions and side by side comparisons, so that I can agonize over what tint to get at THAT time. Oh man am I persnickety.

I ordered a SC600 early, and ZL did indeed ship me a clip about a month after I got the light. I really appreciate that. I suspect that same clip will fit the H600.

I preordered the H600 on the 26th. No notice yet.

I hope that the color is more uniform than the SC600. Mine is quite yellow/green in the columnated part of the beam, while the spill is very blue. On average the color would be very good, but it is very stratified. The specs never cover that aspect.

I agree on the headband mount: needs improvement. I have 2 other ZL headlamps. Fortunately it works great wearing the light around my neck. I use my current lights off and on all day in my lab, and I am used to wearing the light around my neck all day. High hopes for the H600. It should tide me over until they come out with a true flood!

gerG

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by spelunkik View Post
    The SC600w is now available for preorder. I realize this is no indication as to how long it's going to actually take before we SEE one (since it's taken the H600 so long), but I suppose we can at least assume they are a lot closer to having a neutral version of the H600 too? If this is the case, I may just hold off on my purchase of the cool white H600. I much prefer neutral, and if it means waiting a month longer I think I can manage.
    Where do you get on the pre-order list for the neutral? I couldn't see it on their site. I sent them an email earlier today asking if/when a neutral would be available. Their replay was "We'll start to taking pre-orders soon."

Quote Originally Posted by dafeichu View Post
    Where do you get on the pre-order list for the neutral? I couldn't see it on their site. I sent them an email earlier today asking if/when a neutral would be available. Their replay was "We'll start to taking pre-orders soon."
    The thing that people are talking about currently pre-ordering is the neutral version of the flashlight (SC600w) and not the neutral version of the headlamp (H600w). I'm assuming ZebraLight means the H600w will be available for pre-order soon while the SC600w is available for pre-order now.

Enlightened

The thing that people are talking about currently pre-ordering is the neutral version of the flashlight (SC600w) and not the neutral version of the headlamp (H600w). I'm assuming ZebraLight means the H600w will be available for pre-order soon while the SC600w is available for pre-order now.
    Woops. Wasn't paying attention. Didn't see the "SC". Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by dafeichu View Post
    Woops. Wasn't paying attention. Didn't see the "SC". Thanks for pointing that out.
    You're welcome. It's easy to get those mixed up with all the simultaneous threads going on and the very similar designations of the lights with the "600" as part of each. I think a lot of us have to do a double-take once in a while to figure out which ones are being discussed in any given post.

Anyone else in North America get shipping notice today? From Irving, Texas?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast