PK Design Lab
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Enlightened

Default Re: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Forum hiccup.
    Last edited by finn; 01-15-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Enlightened

I have seen in this thread that some of the silicone mounts for the h600 include a slot for a third strap. Are the latest h600's being shipped with the updated top-strap-capable mount? I'd like one of these, but a floppy headlamp is a dealbreaker.

Edit:
    ruscelli posted this picture... here is what I'm talking about:
    Last edited by finn; 01-15-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    I have seen in this thread that some of the silicone mounts for the h600 include a slot for a third strap. Are the latest h600's being shipped with the updated top-strap-capable mount? I'd like one of these, but a floppy headlamp is a dealbreaker.
    I got mine the other day and it didn't.

I had ordered some extra H600 holders from ZebraLight in early December to experiment with and the ones I got (both black and GITD) had the extra slots.

I have seen in this thread that some of the silicone mounts for the h600 include a slot for a third strap.
    I ordered my h600w on 1/8 from Zebralight. It came with the third slot in the silicon mount.

I'm still amazed at how much lighter it is than my sc600w...

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by hook63 View Post
    I got mine the other day and it didn't.
    hook63: I'm thinking that it's *possible* that you misunderstood the question that was being asked (and my apologies for further questioning, but I just want to be clear). I think you might have thought that finn was asking about the strap itself and not just the slot for the strap.

Are you sure the rubber mount on yours does NOT have an extra slot for a strap? Not a top strap itself (they don't come with a top strap), but a slot for a strap.

For clarity sake (the previously posted photo doesn't show it well), here are two photos that show the slot clearly:

Last edited by varuscelli; 01-16-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post

Now THAT is a nifty idea!!!
    What? Me? Derail a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by B0wz3r View Post
    Now THAT is a nifty idea!!!
    Thanks, B0wz3r. I posted quite a bit more about using the strap on the back of a baseball cap in the ZebraLight Mods thread (both with the H600 and smaller lamps like the H501). This particular cap has a quick-release clip, so it's really easy to use this way. And flipping the cap around and using the holder on the back of the cap basically eliminates the visor-related interference problems that are typically an issue when someone wants to wear a cap and a ZL headlamp on a ZL headband. Take a look at posts 169 and 171 of the ZebraLight Mods thread, if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock27 View Post
    Illumination Gear is also a ZebraLight distributor.
    http://www.illuminationgear.com/358282.html

G27
    Just ordered a H600, sweet.
    I may not be that bright, but my lights are!
    "I hate when I buy crap, so I try very hard not to sell it."
    -Gene Malkoff

When I ordered this light, it said back-ordered; so I was surprised to see the shipping notice the very next day.

It's been five days now, and the tracking number still doesn't work. Should I be worried? I don't mind waiting, but I wouldn't mind being able to track it. Does this have anything to do with the back-order? Do they print the shipping label ahead of time or something?

For those of you shipping to Canada via airmail (presumably from China, although I hear some people say the H600 is shipping out of texas), how long is it taking for your tracking number to kick in?

Pacificwing, make sure you're going to the right site to insert the tracking number. That Endicia site (or whatever the name) that's linked via hyperlink in the messages might not tell you what you need to know. For instance, for USPS tracking numbers, I do better to copy and paste the tracking number directly in the USPS tracking system at usps.com.

Are you actually in Canada? Just making sure. If so, my guess is that it's coming from Irving, Texas to your location. Also, the e-mail you received (if it has really shipped) should be titled "Order Shipped" followed by your order number if it was truly a shipping notice. Make sure it was actually an "Order Shipped" notice and not just a "New Order" receipt.

Pacificwing, make sure you're going to the right site to insert the tracking number. That Endicia site (or whatever the name) that's linked via hyperlink in the messages might not tell you what you need to know. For instance, for USPS tracking numbers, I do better to copy and paste the tracking number directly in the USPS tracking system at usps.com.
    Tried USPS, china post tracking (there seem to be two sites for this), and canada post. I understand once it enters canada customs it shows up on canada post. I've also tried hong kong post for good measure.

Are you actually in Canada? Just making sure. If so, my guess is that it's coming from Irving, Texas to your location. Also, the e-mail you received (if it has really shipped) should be titled "Order Shipped" followed by your order number if it was truly a shipping notice. Make sure it was actually an "Order Shipped" notice and not just a "New Order" receipt.
    Yes, I'm in Canada. The e-mail I got said "order shipped" with an order number. The e-mail included a tracking number.

I'm guessing I just have to wait a little more. It's probably nothing, but every time i've ordered on-line before the tracking has usually kicked in by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacificwing View Post
    Yes, I'm in Canada. The e-mail I got said "order shipped" with an order number. The e-mail included a tracking number.
    Yeah, I've received something like four orders directly from ZebraLight and when I got the "order shipped" e-mail it always showed up in the USPS tracking within about a day. If it's shipping from Texas (which would be my guess), I can't see why it would take so long to appear in the mail tracking system.

What I'd suggest is doing a direct reply to the Order Shipped message and ask them. The reply should go straight to ZL Customer Service and you should get an answer pretty quickly. Just let them know you're concerned because you can't seem to track the package and my guess is they'll be able to update you.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by RedForest UK View Post
    It could actually be the batteries' PCMs cutting the power out in which case the circuit wouldn't have chance to do anything. I just assumed it was the circuit as it is set at 2.8v (I think). PCM cut-offs can range from 2.5 to 2.8.

If the Xtars won't fit I recommend just ordering some bare Sanyo 2600 (red wrapper) cells from Ric at cnqualitygoods, they are only $6 each and are the same cell used in the Xtar/AW/whatever genuine 2600mah cells, just without the PCM and extra wrapping (so smaller). While protected cells are normally a safer choice, in a light like the zebralight with it's own protection mechanism built in you may as well use unprotected ones.
    ..wait a minute, if it's the battery cutting out, then how would turning the tail cap turn it on again, every time? I think this rules out the battery?
    originally cpf member #14 write me at gmail.

Enlightened

If voltage sags enough on a low-quality chinese battery, the ZL internal protection could trip. The ZL battery cutoff is probably programmed to remain active as long as V>0.

Flashaholic*

Yellowlaugh Re: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Edit:
    I got my H600W today and it does have the added 3rd strap slot. I got it from illuminationgear

they also threw in a Fauxton
    Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 01-17-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    I got my H600W today and it does have the added 3rd strap slot. I got it from illuminationgear

they also threw in a Fauxton
    Hi, how warm look the h600w? Can you post some pics comparing with a cool one? I buy a SD5 but I am not really happy with, I was thinking in replace it for a h600 or a h600w...
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Changchung View Post
    Hi, how warm look the h600w? Can you post some pics comparing with a cool one? I buy a SD5 but I am not really happy with, I was thinking in replace it for a h600 or a h600w...
    I can't compare it to anything but H501 which is not fair. It is warm, no blue anywhere in the beam. it behaves like any warm rated 600 lumen.
    big wall of light, some throw but not as much as a 600 Lumen Klarus XT11. it has an insanely low moon mode which is enough to walk around
    a known path at night...you can put your eye up close and look at the emitter in that mode it is so mild.

Thanks, B0wz3r. I posted quite a bit more about using the strap on the back of a baseball cap in the ZebraLight Mods thread (both with the H600 and smaller lamps like the H501). This particular cap has a quick-release clip, so it's really easy to use this way. And flipping the cap around and using the holder on the back of the cap basically eliminates the visor-related interference problems that are typically an issue when someone wants to wear a cap and a ZL headlamp on a ZL headband. Take a look at posts 169 and 171 of the ZebraLight Mods thread, if interested.
    Thanks for the info! I'll look into it. I personally hate wearing a cap backward but I might make an exception for something like this. Of course, I use my Spark ST5-190nw for cap-on situations, and my H51w for cap-off situations, so it's nice to have excuse to have two headlamps! My wife's been on a fitness kick the past year and has lost 60 lbs and is now really into running. She's also quite the backyard astronomer, so I bought her one of the H51Fr's for Christmas this year. She uses as a tail light for her bike as well as for astronomy too. So, I sent her a copy of your pic as I thought she might like to try it for running, but she's not much of a hat person... Regardless, I'll have to give this one a try and see how it works for me.

Both my original H600w that came last week and its replacement that came today had the added 3rd strap slot. I hadn't noticed it till I saw the picture...and had to get mine to see.

G27

Thanks for the info! I'll look into it. I personally hate wearing a cap backward but I might make an exception for something like this. Of course, I use my Spark ST5-190nw for cap-on situations, and my H51w for cap-off situations, so it's nice to have excuse to have two headlamps! My wife's been on a fitness kick the past year and has lost 60 lbs and is now really into running. She's also quite the backyard astronomer, so I bought her one of the H51Fr's for Christmas this year. She uses as a tail light for her bike as well as for astronomy too. So, I sent her a copy of your pic as I thought she might like to try it for running, but she's not much of a hat person... Regardless, I'll have to give this one a try and see how it works for me.
    Off topic by me, but kudos to your wife. That's inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    I can't compare it to anything but H501 which is not fair. It is warm, no blue anywhere in the beam. it behaves like any warm rated 600 lumen.
    big wall of light, some throw but not as much as a 600 Lumen Klarus XT11. it has an insanely low moon mode which is enough to walk around
    a known path at night...you can put your eye up close and look at the emitter in that mode it is so mild.
    Thanks, good info... I think that I am going to spend more money in a zebralight
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Enlightened

Here's another version of a non-floppy h600w. The only problem with this setup is that you need grippier straps to keep the whole setup from sliding around on your head.

Nice work on that top strap, finn. It looks like from the image that you keep the holder slot to the bottom of the light so that the top strap has some extra "grab" on the body of the light.

Enlightened

Yeah, I flipped the holder. Then the end of the strap with the sewn tab got looped under and pressed through the slot. The slot holds the tab well enough. By passing it in front of the light, the up/down momentum of the light is converted into torque which opposes the flopping motion.

The main band can also be re-routed to double back through the side slots, which in itself really helps to reduce bounce. If doing both that and the top strap like you did, I have to guess that any movement of the lamp body would be even further reduced. Using both methods would really help. I'll have to try that myself.

Just got my H600, it's an awesome feeling having 750 lumens shining from your forehead.

Here's a quick cell video. Sorry, my little dog never shuts up.

-Gene Malkoff

I'm jealous... nice light. I'm still waiting for the W version though.

Thanks!

The honeymoon is over for me. Pure white tint is where it's at for me. CRI is nice, but over rated IMO.
    -Gene Malkoff

Did you order an H600w and still waiting for it? Or waiting for them to come back as "in stock" with ZebraLight (or elsewhere)?