ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Known Preliminary Information:

Status: Both the H600 & H600w are scheduled to be released in September 2011.

Features:

• White: Cree XM-L 6300 nominal CCT, 65 typical CRI
  • Neutral: Cree XM-L, 4200 nominal CCT, 75 typical CRI
  • Beam Type: Spill + Spot
  • Modes: 8
  • Max Output: 750/500 Lms (white)
  • Low Output: .1 Lms (1920 hours, (white))
  • Battery: one 18650
  • All levels are current regulated

:thumbsup: - Jas.

Features will be added to this post when available.

Last edited:

Glock27

Enlightened
Please clarify! The name of the thread contains H600w yet the body states SC600.
I hope you mean that both an SC600w AND H600w will be available in September!!??!!
G27

claudeswares

Newly Enlightened
If you check the online spreadsheet, it says both H600 and H600w will launch Sept 2011.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Well, that's embarrassing! :duh2: I had just spent time in the SC600 thread before posting this - my apologies. Both the H600 and H600w are scheduled for a September release. (and you shouldn't have to wait that long for the SC600w - it is scheduled for release in August.)

:oops: - Jas.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I'm going to ask a dumb question here... Why would anyone need 750L from a headlamp?

Admittedly I'm not a caver or anything like that, but I do use headlamps a lot for camping and household uses as well, but I find the 169L H1 setting of my H51w to be plenty bright for all of my needs. What's more, the more power output of a headlamp, the worse the tunnel vision effect for me.

Just seems like overkill to me.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, I'm going to ask a dumb question here... Why would anyone need 750L from a headlamp?

Admittedly I'm not a caver or anything like that, but I do use headlamps a lot for camping and household uses as well, but I find the 169L H1 setting of my H51w to be plenty bright for all of my needs. What's more, the more power output of a headlamp, the worse the tunnel vision effect for me.

Agree with you Prof, but I still want one :)

Could always choose not to turn it on high until needed.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just imagine, the power of the Sun on your forehead.... all the creatures of the night will bow down before thee, a supernatural being with rays spewing out of the head.

I would want one because I'd normally strap it to my gear to use it as a handsfree flashlight instead of a headlamp. So, a brighter output option is always good.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Just imagine, the power of the Sun on your forehead.... all the creatures of the night will bow down before thee, a supernatural being with rays spewing out of the head.
But he'd have to change his name to Helios:

heliosp.jpg

- Jas.

bogmonster

Newly Enlightened
This looks like the light I have been waiting for providing the spill is good. There was a question if this was overkill. I am a caver and no it is not from my perspective.

At the moment I cave with an Oldham caplamp, Speliotechnics headlite battery pack and a Custom Duo LED insert. This gives 150lm for about 10 hours or 400lm for a lot less but it is heavy and bulky. As I cave a lot in tight caves (Mendip, UK) then I am on the lookout for small setups with a long runtime.

It is also nice to have a good throw momentarily when looking up into avens and route finding in larger systems.

I actually often cave with a ZL H51 as my main light. In tight passage ways 30lm is plenty and the 100lm setting is fine when the cave opens out a bit or on tricky climbs. However, more light more often would be less of a comprimise. The other point is that as everyone else gets brighter lights a dim light becomes more dangerous - somebody walking behind you throws you into shadow. There are increasing numbers of cavers with high end lights now like Scurions.

I know it was a different thread about ZL reliability but I would say my H51 has never let me down and it gets a very tough life caving. Got me safely out of Thrupe Lane Swallet when my primary light brike the other day.

I was looking at the Spark SD5 but this is flood only so I think this will be much better. The other Sparks don't have enough flood and too tight a spot for caving IMHO.

BogMonster

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cus it'd be really cool!!
Also, I go trail running before the sun comes up, and my H51w is just not bright enough. If walking then it's fine, but every morning there are fresh spider webs across the trail that need to be avoided. So the brighter the better for spotting them. Currently I use two lights to get the job done (ZL SC60 on a nitecore headband and a Quark Turbo X.) I bet the H600 would get the job done on its own.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see there would be needs for an overkill headlamp... But with caving, it sounds like you're describing a photonic arms race... everyone is out to get the brightest light so they can see over everyone else's light... then they go out and get something even brighter, then you have to get something brighter than that... before you know it, everyone is blinded!!!

The long runtime on a low lumen setting sounds nice. I personally have never needed more than the 10 hours on M1 from my H51w though.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
JA(me)S said:
Known Preliminary Information:

Status: Both the H600 & H600w are scheduled to be released in September 2011.

Features:

[*]White: Cree XM-L 6300 nominal CCT, 65 typical CRI
[*]Neutral: Cree XM-L, 4200 nominal CCT, 75 typical CRI
[*]Beam Type: Spill + Spot
[*]Modes: 8
[*]Max Output: 750/500 Lms (white)
[*]Low Output: .1 Lms (1920 hours, (white))
[*]Battery: one 18650
[*]All levels are current regulated

:thumbsup: - Jas.

Features will be added to this post when available.

Are there pictures available?

jake25

Enlightened
I was looking at the Spark SD5 but this is flood only so I think this will be much better. The other Sparks don't have enough flood and too tight a spot for caving IMHO.

BogMonster
All of the Spark headlamps have a removable bezel and a flood lens included.

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Estimated 1920 hours at .1 lumens? NICE! Just wish they could make L1 at .02 lumens and L2 at .1 lumens. One can dream...