LA Police Gear
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Unenlightened

Default Re: ZebraLight H600(w) XM-L 750 Lm

Hi all!

I have only had my h600 a short while, but really like it.

It has already been dropped, soaked knocked and still works great and the output:size ratio is amazing.
    Bear in mind I am somewhat new to this arena (decent torches) though
    Using AW 18650 3100 MAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries with it at the mo.

Cheers,
    Rich.

My need for light have changed a bit since I started helping out in a car repair shop. My H51w is not bright enough. I bought a Lighthound tactical light that is crazy bright with 14500 battery. However, it is not nearly as versatile as the angled H51w.

Now I am hooked on li-on battery and seriously consider getting a H600. I don't care for the turbo mode that steps after 5 minutes. Is there a way to disable the turbo mode?

The lack of a clip is also a concern for me, as that would limit the versatility of the light. I have heard that the H51 clip fits the H600. Can someone confirm this?

Thank you.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
    I don't care for the turbo mode that steps after 5 minutes. Is there a way to disable the turbo mode?
    ...there isn't exactly a way to disable it... but you can set the 2nd "high" mode to 450 lumen and only use that. There is not a way to access the turbo output level without the step-down present though. Once you've got the 450 setting in the main cycle, it'll be remembered and you would double click to get to turbo and back if you wanted.

I am also curious about the compatibility of the H51 clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooreshire View Post
    ...there isn't exactly a way to disable it... but you can set the 2nd "high" mode to 450 lumen and only use that. There is not a way to access the turbo output level without the step-down present though. Once you've got the 450 setting in the main cycle, it'll be remembered and you would double click to get to turbo and back if you wanted.

I am also curious about the compatibility of the H51 clip.
    Thanks for the info. Just to understand this clearly, once the 450 setting is set as the main high, the quick press from off turns the light on at 450 right?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just to understand this clearly, once the 450 setting is set as the main high, the quick press from off turns the light on at 450 right?
    Yes, you have it right, and just as Mooreshire stated.

Paraphrasing from the product page, there are 4 main levels (High 1 and 2, Medium and Low), and each main level has two sub-levels. Your current selection of sub-level is memorized when the light is turned off and through battery changes. Strobe mode is never selected from off but always requires a double click from H2.

Also, in H1, the second sub-level for the cool white version has 420 lumens while the neutral white has 361 lumens. I tell you that because you are already using the H51W (neutral white) and your preference may be for a neutral so I wanted to be sure you knew.

One last thing: If you haven't already chosen an 18650 battery and compatible charger, I very highly recommend the protected EagleTAC 3100 mAh battery, and the XTAR WP2 II charger. In my humble opinion these are both excellent products and have performed extremely well for the last 6 months, with daily use from the battery and twice weekly (more or less) for the charger.

Quote Originally Posted by tony613 View Post
    Yes, you have it right, and just as Mooreshire stated.

Paraphrasing from the product page, there are 4 main levels (High 1 and 2, Medium and Low), and each main level has two sub-levels. Your current selection of sub-level is memorized when the light is turned off and through battery changes. Strobe mode is never selected from off but always requires a double click from H2.

Also, in H1, the second sub-level for the cool white version has 420 lumens while the neutral white has 361 lumens. I tell you that because you are already using the H51W (neutral white) and your preference may be for a neutral so I wanted to be sure you knew.

One last thing: If you haven't already chosen an 18650 battery and compatible charger, I very highly recommend the protected EagleTAC 3100 mAh battery, and the XTAR WP2 II charger. In my humble opinion these are both excellent products and have performed extremely well for the last 6 months, with daily use from the battery and twice weekly (more or less) for the charger.
    Thanks for the info, Tony613.

Do you know if the WP2 charger come with spacers for charging 14500 batteries?

Edit: I meant the smaller 10440, but found the answer. Thanks.
    Last edited by davidt1; 06-03-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Enlightened

You're welcome Davidt1. I've gotten plenty from your posts so it's only right to pay you back. Although you already found your answer I thought I'd answer your question for others that may be wondering the same.

The XTAR WP2 II charger accepts 10440, 14500, 14650, 16340, 17670, 18500, 18650, and 18700. It comes with two charging bays and two spacers. Each bay has a threaded hole where a spacer may be screwed in to make a firm connection. In addition the spacers can be stacked, where one spacer screws into the other, and then the pair can be screwed into one of the bays. This reduces the bay height to about 31mm or so, or about 1.25 inches. This is how and where I store the spacers (even while charging) since I currently have only one Li-Ion battery (the EagleTAC 3100 mAh 18650).

I'm into buying an H600 to keep in my car but I'd like to know if there is any risk by having it exposed to heat while the car is parked outdoors for 7 hours a day... Since i will be having a battery in it. Although I had my fenix tk12 with two primaries for more than a year and it worked just fine when I needed it.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by richardcpf View Post
    I'm into buying an H600 to keep in my car but I'd like to know if there is any risk by having it exposed to heat while the car is parked outdoors for 7 hours a day... Since i will be having a battery in it. Although I had my fenix tk12 with two primaries for more than a year and it worked just fine when I needed it.
    I personally would not store a light in my car long term with an 18650 as it's only battery option. I keep lights that run on CR123a primaries in all my cars.

planning to get this...

what's the general consensus on the best off-the-shelf clip for the h600?

or you think there's enough meat to drill and tap some holes for a clip? i hate snap-on clips...

I have and love the H51w, and now look into buying the H600(w) for more brightness and run time. Does anyone have both the H51(w) and H600(w)? I need some info on the beam profile of the H600(w). Is the H600 as floody or more floody than the H51? Is the hot spot of the XM-L emitter larger than the hot spot of the XP-G emitter? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Overclocker View Post
    ...or you think there's enough meat to drill and tap some holes for a clip?
    I'm pretty sure the answer to that part of your question is no. I don't think there's enough extra meat on the H600 body to do that. I could be wrong, but I don't see any place on the thin walled body where you could get away with drilling/tapping. Maybe on one of the ridges if you had the ability do so some very precise drilling...but for most folks I think attempting that would not be an easy option...and even then, it might not have enough bite to hold against clip pressure (might easily break loose).

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post
    I'm pretty sure the answer to that part of your question is no. I don't think there's enough extra meat on the H600 body to do that. I could be wrong, but I don't see any place on the thin walled body where you could get away with drilling/tapping. Maybe on one of the ridges if you had the ability do so some very precise drilling...but for most folks I think attempting that would not be an easy option...and even then, it might not have enough bite to hold against clip pressure (might easily break loose).

oh well i may just have to do with a quark clip, that seems to be the only one readily available...

then maybe crimp it on with something similar to those things you seal the velocity joint boots with on a front-wheel drive car ...

does anyone have detailed pics of this flashlight? wanting a good look at it..

Quote Originally Posted by Overclocker View Post
    oh well i may just have to do with a quark clip, that seems to be the only one readily available...

then maybe crimp it on with something similar to those things you seal the velocity joint boots with on a front-wheel drive car ...
    What might work for the H600 would be if a really low profile snap clamp style of clip could be devised. The right snap clamp could be drilled at fitted with a clip and the snap clamp snapped on and off the body at will. The thing would be to find a snap clamp that is truly low profile.

This is the sort that comes to mind (although admittedly probably more bulky than would be ideal):

Enlightened

I haven't gotten around to it yet but was thinking about trying a small stainless hose clamp (Google search results also brought back stainless worm gear hose clamps). Doing a very quick search just now I found a 7/32", a 5/16", and even one in black stainless steel. If one can be found that is small enough it would be very stable, could be put on either end of the body, and would be my preference over the snap on clips. For the clip portion, any number of things come to mind. Just brainstorming here but the first thought I have is an alligator clip. Even a thin metal rod like a bicycle spoke or hangar, or an old flat metal ruler, all bent creatively, might work. This idea would also be kinda' bulky too but maybe it'll lead to other ideas.
    Last edited by tony613; 06-10-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony613 View Post
    I haven't gotten around to it yet but was thinking about trying a small stainless hose clamp (Google search results also brought back stainless worm gear hose clamps). Doing a very quick search just now I found a 7/32", a 5/16", and even one in black stainless steel. If one can be found that is small enough it would be very stable, could be put on either end of the body, and would be my preference over the snap on clips. For the clip portion, any number of things come to mind. Just brainstorming here but the first thought I have is an alligator clip. Even a thin metal rod like a bicycle spoke or hangar, or an old flat metal ruler, all bent creatively, might work. This idea would also be kinda' bulky too but maybe it'll lead to other ideas.

or a zip tie

or a narrow steel collar, tension it, then solder the ends

Enlightened

Oh yea, I had forgotten to mention the zip tie. I happen to have a package of black cable ties that I tested for fit. They are .180"/4.572mm (listed on the package), just the right width to match the contours of the H600 body. These are good to test your design iterations because they won't scratch the light. I just didn't get any further with the clip. This morning I quickly looked and found an old mechanical Pentel pencil with a wide metal clip (wide for a pencil) that may work. If I get anywhere I'll post pictures but now I gotta' get to work. Need to be able to fund this hobby, you know.

with foursevens clip:

Overclocker -- looks like a good fit, but can you be more specific about the clip? Model number or part number or description...or link on the 4Sevens site?

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post
    Overclocker -- looks like a good fit, but can you be more specific about the clip? Model number or part number or description...or link on the 4Sevens site?
    varuscelli, foursevens sells only 2 quark clips. the "deep carry" and this one. the "deep carry" doesn't give much tension.

then i encased the prongs and a black zip tie within some heat shrink tubing. very neat and won't scratch the neck of the zebralight

Ahh, I see. You didn't mention that is was a Quark clip in that last post...or that you had actually ended up using the zip tie as mentioned a couple of months back...or the heat shrink tubing. Probably best to elaborate in the post with the pics (for clarity, I mean). Without asking...or giving more info with the pics...it was hard to tell what was being shown in those two pics. Thanks for clarifying.

Ya overclocker can you break that down again, how you added the clip to your zebralight?

Quote Originally Posted by fxc3700 View Post
    Ya overclocker can you break that down again, how you added the clip to your zebralight?

at first i simply snapped the clip onto the neck of the h600. it was kinda loose so i thought a zip tie would hold it in, and it did but it kept sliding around and it seemed like the metal clip would eventually scratch up the neck of the light.

so i came up with the solution of encasing the zip tie AND the prongs of the clip within some heat shrink tubing. two birds with one stone, zip tie doesn't slide off anymore and clip won't scratch the neck

Flashaholic*

Illuminationgear.com says they sell their h600 with an H51 clip included.

OUR ZL H600's -
    include a H51 pocket clip for additional versatility!

Does the H51 clip work well? I'm planning on picking up an H600 pretty soon and may buy from them if the pocket clip works out well.
    -Laurence

Should I go with the H600-W or H600-FW....? Reading about the rattle problem with FW has me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Should I go with the H600-W or H600-FW....? Reading about the rattle problem with FW has me worried.
    That rattle problem with the occasional H600Fw was quite a while back. I doubt any of the ones they're selling now would still have that going on. I could be wrong, I haven't seen anyone mention it since some of those initial ones.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by spelunkik View Post
    Seems my headlamp issue has degenerated into something even worse. My previous flicker problem on Turbo disappeared the day after it occurred, but now my H600w has no low mode. When I hold in the button to cycle through the modes, it goes from medium to turbo to turbo again. In addition, I when I double click it does not change brightness at each level. I swapped batteries to see if it was a battery issue but the problem remains. Immediately before this problem began yesterday, I cycled to medium (I think it was medium) and then the light dimmed and flickered with a faint static sound. Nonplussed, I decided to cycle through modes and discovered I no longer had a low setting and no subsettings on the remaining levels. There is no apparent moisture inside the light, and it has not been dropped or impacted anything.

SUGGESTIONS???
    Hi spelunkik,

I have the same problem with H600 as you descibed. It has occurred after half an year of using it. How did you solved the problem? Did you ask Zebralight for replacement? Did they tell you what was the problem?

Thank you very much for your response.
    cgrim

Default My H600 and H31

Received these from TorchDircet over on CPFMP. Sorry for not having to best of pictures. I used the clip from H31 on H600 and used a Fenix clip on the H31. Made a holder for the H31 with a money clip.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021222324 LastLast