Fenix TK-70

romteb

Enlightened
TK701.jpg

Last edited:

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@romteb & Shikar, LOL, thanks guys, I needed that laugh! :crackup:

Looks aside, I wonder how this stacks up against the Olight SR90 performance-wise. For anyone that has both, would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
Tim

Norman

Newly Enlightened
OK. So at what point do you have enough lumens and too-short a runtime?

My current light is a little over 100 lumens and runs for 6 hours on an 18650. A little more light would be nice, but not if 4-D cells only power it for 2 hours. The extended low would be nice though.

Rexlion

Enlightened
Romteb, does this mean you're going to 'take the plunge' and order one? :devil:

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
i fully intend on getting one...i was gonna get the SR90, to compliment my SR91......but the price of the tk70 is my deciding factor to go with the tk70!!!!

hopefully it wont come out with a green tint like the p.o.s tk41 i ordered and sent back!!!!

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
Did I not start a thread not too long ago that indicated as soon as I purchased a SR90 someone would develop a smaller brighter and cheaper light :( .
OK so the TK-70 per the available specs appears to be similar output I figure the cheaper cost is mainly due to batts not being included.
Now I am only trying to defend my purchase of the SR90 but to purchase required quantity and quality NiMh 10000 mAh batts would set me back about $100+ in my neck of the woods (plus cost of charger etc). The SR90 appears to be much more compact and the throw appears to be better.
I will be interested to see how they compare with each other in a heads up challenge (as no doubt they will be).
My SR90 has been getting a real thrashing lately and is surviving well (only broken one of the snap clips on the shoulder strap).
No doubt if I pull the pin on a TK70 someone else will develop something even brighter - cheaper - smaller :(

Enlightened
No doubt if I pull the pin on a TK70 someone else will develop something even brighter - cheaper - smaller :(

They actually already have. Its the Sky Ray 3 x T6. 3pcs of approx P60 lights shoehorned together on a nearly 60mm dia head, and if you take out the extension and run 2 x 18500 IMR or AW Protected, its only 180mm long. You can fit it into your big jeans if you are a big guy.
Best part is that its only 52 bucks shipped. Its also quite nicely regulated, on high mode with good batteries (eg my Panasonic 2900), it will just ramp up the current accordingly and maintain the output.... Its not a big light, so seriously even if you run really high capacity batteries, there is no way to gun it on HIGH for say 30 minutes straight. We approximate it to be around conservatively 1600-1700 initial emitter lumens, from the tailcap current readings.

Last edited:

CyberCT

Enlightened
Did I not start a thread not too long ago that indicated as soon as I purchased a SR90 someone would develop a smaller brighter and cheaper light :( .
OK so the TK-70 per the available specs appears to be similar output I figure the cheaper cost is mainly due to batts not being included.
Now I am only trying to defend my purchase of the SR90 but to purchase required quantity and quality NiMh 10000 mAh batts would set me back about $100+ in my neck of the woods (plus cost of charger etc). The SR90 appears to be much more compact and the throw appears to be better.
I will be interested to see how they compare with each other in a heads up challenge (as no doubt they will be).
My SR90 has been getting a real thrashing lately and is surviving well (only broken one of the snap clips on the shoulder strap).

I'm not sure where you're getting your prices from, but you can get four Powerexx Imedion LSD 9500 MAH D cells for about $60. Even $50 if you shop around a little. The charger will no doubt set you back but the batteries themselves aren't that bad.

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure where you're getting your prices from, but you can get four Powerexx Imedion LSD 9500 MAH D cells for about $60. Even $50 if you shop around a little. The charger will no doubt set you back but the batteries themselves aren't that bad.

Not to sure why members do not post their location but I will take it you are aware I am talking about prices in Australia. Yes if I shop around or wish to deal with a "unknown" supplier I might get some better prices but dealing with any of the reputable suppliers in Australia I usually deal with the prices are generally $39.95 (Even on Ebay from Australian Suppliers) for 2 x Powerexx Imedion LSD 9500 MAH D there fore the best part of $80 without any postage etc so my $100 guesstimate is about on the mark. If I choose to purchase on line from USA etc I can buy 4 x high capacity D cells for $20 but then postage is the killer and still not much better off. Then with a decent charger and he presto you are approaching SR90 costs.

In either case the TK70 appears to be reasonable value for money, I just could not justify another purchase of a 2000+ lumen light (SWMBO is still beating me up over my SR90 purchase :twak: )

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be pretending I'm the 21st Century Fox searchlights, a UFO, a stadium lightpost and a Jedi with a really low self esteem.

firelord777

Enlightened
Just wondering, how many people here are actually planning to buy it?

I have a feeling that if it was powered by 18650, many more people would buy it?:whistle:

If you're planning to buy, please post, like, "i will buy it" or something.:)