• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Has Peak ever considered making a headlamp?

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to admit I prefer using headlamps over regular flashlights. Would be great to see a headlamp with the QTC pill from Curt. I know I can use the Peak lights I already own with a modified 4Sevens Prism kit with headband, but a dedicated headlamp would be cool. 1xAAA/1xAA/1xRCR123 would be great. Maybe utilize the 17500 tube with the insert kit as a headlamp. Would be a very versatile battery config and if they use a Eiger/El Cap or Logan head it would work well.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I talked to Curt about this a while ago and tried to persuade him. I didn't have much luck. I prefer headlamps as well and would love to have a logan like headlamp with medium optics. It would be a great light.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Especially with the wide or medium optic, yes. Eith one would be nice and floody. As a second question, does Peak still use the reflectors and lens like my Eigers from a year ago that if you look closely with light on it is a prism hexagon shaped and you see little dots like pixels? That was a nice beam spread with tons of spill. The nature of the design, it sort of had a matte/frosted look to it. My newer Eiger and Logan have what look like a clear lens but sort of like a magnifying glass. Both have different beams. Guessing the Logan is narrow and the Eiger is medium, but with no documentation with the lights, I am only guessing.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, the medium optic would be perfect. I just got a logan QTC with medium optic and its plenty floody. It would be the perfect beam pattern for a headlamp. Curt did mention that he has made right angle adaptors in the past and they could be used in the newer lights. Add some kind of strap and you have your headlamp.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you know yours is a medium? I am just guessing but no indication is made since I have nothing but it appears narrow.

countalmaviva

Newly Enlightened
I know this is an old thread, but I would DEFINITELY be interested in a headlamp from Peak. I just received the 90-degree angle head adapter in aluminum for the Eiger from RMSK (Thanks, Bob!), and, while it certainly is functional, it leaves much to be desired aesthetically. The light looks like a mini Hammer of Thor, now! I'm mainly into flashlights for backpacking, so a headlamp function is important, and I can guess that the backpacking community, especially the ultralight folks, would be ALL OVER a single AAA unit with infinite adjustability for no weight penalty. My Eiger with 10440, adapter, and headstrap totals 1.7 oz (sadly, the adapter is 0.2 oz of that). A headlamp with the low-light runtimes and high output for less than 2.0 oz just doesn't exist in the backpacking world. And, yes, ultralight backpackers really do count tenths of ounces!