Olympia Products

Thread: *SOLD* Spy 007, Mother of Pearl inlays w/green glowpowder and trits $900

Default *SOLD* Spy 007, Mother of Pearl inlays w/green glowpowder and trits $900

Hey guys (and gals), I hate to pop up out of nowhere with a for sale thread but my RC transmitter just decided to take a dump with my plane a few hundred feet in the air. Luckily it didn't go down too hard and I'm glad I didn't have a helicopter in the air, but I can't risk using this cheap transmitter anymore. If you know anything about R/C then you know it's just as bad as this hobby, so as much as it hurts I have to pony up my Spy if I'm going to get a quality transmitter. Blah, blah, anyway... Spy 007 #273, Mother of Pearl inlays in knob and both sides backed with green glowpowder and sealed with Norland, green trits and a TiNY opening bead. Pic taken from the inlay thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...of-Pearl-stash...

I'll get some new pics soon, but it's in the same condition as when those pics were taken (minus the glow rings, not sure where they went). It has very minor pocket wear (never in a pocket with anything else) and no scratches. It can be yours for $1200 shipped and insured anywhere, paypal fees included. Questions will be answered faster at thehomerjaysimpson at gmail.com. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and to CPF for being here.

~Chip

p.s. For those who care, I apologize for disappearing... when I recovered from my surgery and went back to work we rolled right into the maintenance season on the wind turbines and I haven't had much time for anything. We're going back to 8 hour days in July so hopefully I'll have more time for the finer things. I do still have a few pocketclips for those who've pm'd, just email me.*
    Last edited by wvaltakis2; 08-10-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Default Re: F/S Spy 007, Mother of Pearl inlays w/green glowpowder and trits

Looks like New Zealand Paua Shell rather than mother of pearl.

Very nice by the way.

Cheers Norm

You are correct sir, good eye. That's what I get for making a generalization.

Thanks,
    ~Chip

Chip read Policy #7
    Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 06-28-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Sorry about that Norm, didn't realize the bump policy applied to price reductions now as well. Let's try $1175 and I'll ship it express/insured anywhere in the world, could be in your hands by this weekend.

~Chip

$1150 shipped...

~Chip

$1100 plus shipping and insurance

~Chip

$1042 plus shipping and insurance .

~Chip

$1000 plus shipping and insurance.

~Chip

How about $1000 shipped priority with insurance? Would be interested in partial trades if you've got a nice RC Heli transmitter...or maybe a nice RC offroad setup.

~Chip

No interest at all? How about $975 shipped priority with insurance? Much lower and I'll have done the inlays for free...

~Chip

Ok, how about $950 shipped priority with insurance?

~Chip

Alright, $925 plus shipping and insurance. After paypal fees I'm just going to break even on this guy.

~Chip

Bump...not going any lower.

~Chip

Wow, this hasn't sold yet?! If I had the cash on hand...
    I think I need to go out and buy a lottery ticket.

Kind of surprised myself... you'd think $300 worth of inlays basically for free would be a strong motivator. Bump

~Chip

Bump... I still need a new transmitter.

~Chip

'nother bump...

~Chip

Hmmmm...$900 plus shipping and insurance...

~Chip

Quote Originally Posted by wvaltakis2 View Post

Hey guys (and gals), I hate to pop up out of nowhere with a for sale thread but my RC transmitter just decided to take a dump with my plane a few hundred feet in the air. Luckily it didn't go down too hard and I'm glad I didn't have a helicopter in the air, but I can't risk using this cheap transmitter anymore. If you know anything about R/C then you know it's just as bad as this hobby, so as much as it hurts I have to pony up my Spy if I'm going to get a quality transmitter. Blah, blah, anyway... Spy 007 #273, Mother of Pearl inlays in knob and both sides backed with green glowpowder and sealed with Norland, green trits and a TiNY opening bead. Pic taken from the inlay thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...of-Pearl-stash...

I'll get some new pics soon, but it's in the same condition as when those pics were taken (minus the glow rings, not sure where they went). It has very minor pocket wear (never in a pocket with anything else) and no scratches. It can be yours for $1200 shipped and insured anywhere, paypal fees included. Questions will be answered faster at thehomerjaysimpson at gmail.com. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and to CPF for being here.

~Chip

p.s. For those who care, I apologize for disappearing... when I recovered from my surgery and went back to work we rolled right into the maintenance season on the wind turbines and I haven't had much time for anything. We're going back to 8 hour days in July so hopefully I'll have more time for the finer things. I do still have a few pocketclips for those who've pm'd, just email me.*
    Please pm me with contact info - interested in your spy. Thanks.

Thanks for the interest, it appears I can't pm you for some reason. My email is thehomerjaysimpson at gmail.com.

~Chip

Default Final price drop. $900 shipped and insured (US)

Ok...$900 shipped and insured in the US. Not gonna go any lower and probably gonna withdraw it if it doesn't move. Ultra rare inlayed Spy (only two that I know of), not going to find another and certainly not at this price. If you've got an offer with something in trade now is the time to make it.

~Chip
    Last edited by wvaltakis2; 08-09-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Default Re: Final price drop.

Just a tip - Might help if you put the current price in your title.

"
    FS SPY 007 - Mother of Pearl Inlays, Glowpowder + Trits $900