Maglite 2D collection

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I received my 3 new Mag 2Ds. This means I at the moment have following colors of 2D:

*black
*gray
*silver
*copper
*red
*darkgreen
*blue
*midnight blue
*purple 1
*purple 2

Both of the purples advertized as purple, but the first is to the bluish, and I think the second is "standard" purple.

Even if these 10 colors make a very nice setup I of course wonder if there may be any more colors available of 2D. Anyone who knows, and in that case dealer?

Regards, Patric

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also collecting maglite 2D's I only have one shade of purple so would be interested to see the difference. Do you have any pics of your collection you could post?

There are a couple more:

-shimmer blue (light blue)
-jade green link
-lime green (I don't have this one but seen pics)

Here's a pic of my collection:
smallew.jpg

The gunmetal grey is from fivemega and you can find out more about the orange here. The rest are stock. left to right: shimmer blue, blue, midnight blue, purple, red, copper, grey, silver, jade green, dark green, black.

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing all these different colors of mag makes me wish the C cells came in just half of whats pictured above. As far as my favorite color, it's a hard choice between jade green and copper, though I think I would lean slightly towards jade green.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice collection monkeyboy! :thumbsup:

And thanks for the links!

Are the most of them special editions from Maglite?

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've put the collection together quite recently, over the last couple of months. Just through google hunting really. I think maglite only release small batches of the unusual colours, so you just have to get lucky with finding old stock.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again for the tip monkeyboy!

I just ordered a Jade green 2D as well as an Americana limited edition and Purple 2C, which I sought for long time!

I received a message that the payment is sent.

Edited: and recently I received a message that the package is shipped. Great service from Gutes!

Last edited:

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
I am looking around for threads showing good drop in LED options for the D cell mags, but have not found anything yet. I have a 2, 3 and 4 cell.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking around for threads showing good drop in LED options for the D cell mags, but have not found anything yet. I have a 2, 3 and 4 cell.

Take a look at the terralux drop ins. They are generally regarded as the best available and of much better quality than the typical DX junk floating around out there.

WoodMan

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

acrosteve

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. But the Malkoff site is down for some reason.

Oh, nice collection, btw.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again to monkeyboy for the tip! Today I received the package. Apart from the 11th color of 2D I also got Americana Collection and Purple 2C. These I have long time sought for but didn't find anywhere.

The 2C purple I didn't consider for only collecting but to arm it with a Malkoff XP-G dropin. Unfortunately Malkoffs don't work in it, I discovered that it hasn't a "C" and the inner diameter is too wide for the Malkoff dropin. Therefore I placed a 6cell bulb and 3xCR123. When have been used to the modern LED-lights the brightness of a 6cell Mag isn't at all so impressive as one perceived it a few years ago, not even in a 2C sized host!

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2C purple I didn't consider for only collecting but to arm it with a Malkoff XP-G dropin. Unfortunately Malkoffs don't work in it, I discovered that it hasn't a "C" and the inner diameter is too wide for the Malkoff dropin. Therefore I placed a 6cell bulb and 3xCR123. When have been used to the modern LED-lights the brightness of a 6cell Mag isn't at all so impressive as one perceived it a few years ago, not even in a 2C sized host!

IIRC, there was some talk about this in an old thread. Some of the older purple Mag 2C's have a larger internal diameter and can fit 26mm cells without boring.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, there was some talk about this in an old thread. Some of the older purple Mag 2C's have a larger internal diameter and can fit 26mm cells without boring.

I may try later with some aluminum foil to fill up the gap, maybe it will then work with Malkoff dropin.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may try later with some aluminum foil to fill up the gap, maybe it will then work with Malkoff dropin.

Go over to Britelumens.com ... Jo sells a copper sleeve for pre "C" Mags ;)

Strange thing about these Purple Mag 2Cs ... I brought one from Gutes as well but I also have a cutdown Purple Mag C
that has a C at the front of the serial number.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go over to Britelumens.com ... Jo sells a copper sleeve for pre "C" Mags ;)

Strange thing about these Purple Mag 2Cs ... I brought one from Gutes as well but I also have a cutdown Purple Mag C
that has a C at the front of the serial number.

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

sizzlechest

Enlightened
I found a bronze color one new in blister packaging. (not copper) This was from the 1980's.
15plba8.jpg

Only one I have ever seen.

Last edited: