100w led flashlight.

birdman3131

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at buying this LED and this battery. I will then mount the led onto a computer heatsink with fan.

My questions are:
Do I need a current limiter and where would I find one for [email protected]?
What sort of reflector and lens do I need?
Would y'all recommend a different battery?

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
lower voltage but higher amps, one large single chip instead of just a bunch of little ones, around 2000-3000lm output, 20W consumed. 5 of these would use the same 100W, but put out 10000-15000lm instead of 8000.

The one you picked has simplicity going for it, though. Slap LED plate onto heatsink, add battery and current limiting, and blast away.

warmurf

Enlightened
Why not see if you can get ahold of a CSM-360 LED. It's basically 4 SST-90 together like an MCE. I've got one in a Freilong light and it rocks! It's meant to be rated at 100W and 5000+ lumens. I'd say it close to up there, but it would be fantastic to see one of these 360s fully ramped up in a custom!:naughty:

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
not realy a flashlight, but a portable working light with a csm-360:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?312593-Portable-Working-Light-with-one-CSM-360

i will ever prefer the csm-360 instead of the multi emitter led´s. easyer to focus and the build quality is a lot better. if you have a chance then use a bridgelux emitter and not this noname array. the bridgelux are still cheap an some have a very good cri.

and here i real flashlight with a multi-emitter array:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Bridgelux-Mod-here-on-CPF-2K-Lumen-many-pics

it is realy hard to get a boost driver for such high voltages at these currents.

markus

mash.m

Enlightened
are you shure that you wan the pb battery? they are realy heavy-weight.

what is your goal for this setup? i portable working light like mine or a real flashlight like the bridgelux mod?

markus

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
lower voltage but higher amps, one large single chip instead of just a bunch of little ones, around 2000-3000lm output, 20W consumed. 5 of these would use the same 100W, but put out 10000-15000lm instead of 8000.
100 watts of parallel LEDs powered by a 3.7 volt battery requires about 28 Amps of switch but same power of LED (100W) powered by 36 volts requires only 3 Amps which is easier to switch, easier to wirings easier charging and less power loss..

What sort of reflector and lens do I need?
Keep in mind that don't expect to have anarrow beam thrower.

JLumens

Newly Enlightened
i got some my parts from dx for a 8000 lume light, but the pos and neg are on the same side cant tell wich "wing" is neg or pos.
hoping to do a test run on 8 18650 "pcm" to keep it at 3 amps refector SKU 39963 at dx

Latest posts