Saint Minimus High CRI

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's in the 2011 Surefire catalog. I realize this doesn't mean a whole lot, but has anyone heard anything concrete on this thing?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played with a minimus the other day. Horrible blue tint.

I hope Surefire got a good deal on those low bin P4's they're putting in everything. I won't be buying anymore till they're gone.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blue? I thought the tint was green, based on beamshots here. Bring on the high CRI, baby.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played with a minimus the other day. Horrible blue tint.

I hope Surefire got a good deal on those low bin P4's they're putting in everything. I won't be buying anymore till they're gone.

Yeah, the tint is the ONLY reason I lost interest in the Minimus. If they DO bring out the High CRI model, I'll have to get it.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Surefire 2011 catalog

This Minimus model features a special developed LED that emits warm-colored light
that looks more like incandescent light but
provides the runtime of a highly efficient LED.
Its included red filter provides low-signature
colored light that preserves dark-adapted vision.

I'm good with warm too. I've recently been spoiled by Illumination Supply's run of HCRI Malkoff M61 which is pretty warm.

ryguy24000

Enlightened
Is that Catalog online? I Googled and it looks like the old light? model HS2-A-BK

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
I was just about to pull the trigger on a Minimus. So now I guess I'll just get a Fenix and wait for the high HCRI vaporware.