• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Eiger QTC HA In Stock

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. I've been waiting for this one, too! I think it might be able to knock the Arc-AAA off my keychain. No small feat! Ultra low? Check. Same 15(ish) lumens? Check. 75 lumens on an Alk? Check! Nicer tint? Well, I can assume, but I'm guessing CHECK!

Thanks for bringing these to market. I'm really looking forward to putting this light through its paces. My keychain light is probably my first or second most used light (in number of activations, if not total runtime), and I've wanted THIS setup for a long time. Hope it proves to be as reliable and handy as I think it will.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, the QTC, as some others have mentioned, is a little "jumpy." Especially from what I would call a "medium" to a high, there is very little incremental increase. Evena very careful turn causes it to jump to "high." HOWEVER, this light will be used nearly exclusively for "low" and "medium" so it really isn't a concern. The ludicrous insanely super-duper low is awesome. It is easily significantly dimmer than ultra low on an HDS light. I love that. there are two or three discernable "steps" (not really steps, just the smallest turn possible) up to moonlight on a quark. I love it. LOVE IT. Then, an easily "feelable" level of turn to a low-medium, and medium. Use the light all around the house last night, and couldn't stop fiddling with it. While it is longer than the Arc-AAA I have used and loved for years, I knew that going in. I'll give it a week or so on the keychain (with the Arc-AAA there as "backup) to prove itself....but I think I have a new keychain light for the first time in a LONG time.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, I know you're a photo guy, how about some beamshots of the 3 different optics available for the Eiger? Maybe an indoor hallway shot to clearly show the difference.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I don't have beamshots, the medium I got seems PERFECT for keychain EDC. Running on the included alkaline, high levels give plenty of room filling light. Close up is still FINE, and the wide would be, IMHO, far to diffuse on this light. Narrow...well, if you're looking for max throw, this probably isn't your light in the first place, I think would be less usefull. I called bob on this matter, his advice matched my observations perfectly.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Personally, on these pocket lights, I think the beams tend to run floody given their small size.

I usually plan to "step-down" one notch from what I want, in these little torches. For example, I find the Eiger "narrow" has a hotspot with substantial spill, and the "medium" is actually pretty floody.

I don't think you are going to get much of a throwy beam with such a tiny light, at least without a "turbo-head" or TIR....

I like the narrow on the Eiger for a nice balance of flood and throw in a pocket light. I don't know what my ShastaX is supposed to have (or if there was even a choice?), but it is beautifully floody and happens to have the absolute best "perfect white" tint of all my lights!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually prefer my Eiger#Sub Zero with a wide optic. Medium is floody, but wide is even more floody.