• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Just ordered SS Logan QTC 17500 pocket body!

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered one of these bad boys. Besides the gorgeous SS, I am looking forward to having a 17500 powered light. It should fit nicely in hand. The added runtime over either the rcr123 and 14500 cells should be nice. And the variable output will make it very versatile. I plan to take it camping in the next couple of weeks so it should be fun.

I like the idea of the 17500 being the length of an AA and width if CR123 cell. I will purchase a couple of these cells but already have some nice AW14500's to use as well.

Last edited:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like this light a lot. I was worried it would be too heavy but not so bad - with summer shorts. It feels great in hand with nice protortions. I would not EDC this light but I like aaa lights for that. It is definitely small enough foe some to EDC. It is actually smaller than my Nitecore D10 AA light and smaller than a lot of other AA size lights.

I got my new AW 17500 cells delivered today and until then I was just wrapping tape around various AA and 14500 cells to use. It worked great doing this. But I really like the idea around the 17500 cells. They are a great balance for runtime and size for a pocketable light. This is one solid little light. I also really like the beam profile with the narrow optic (which is not narrow per say and is very similar to a similar size reflect light but with a smoother hotspot to spill transition).

sassaquin

Enlightened
I like this light a lot. I was worried it would be too heavy but not so bad - with summer shorts. It feels great in hand with nice protortions. I would not EDC this light but I like aaa lights for that. It is definitely small enough foe some to EDC. It is actually smaller than my Nitecore D10 AA light and smaller than a lot of other AA size lights.

I got my new AW 17500 cells delivered today and until then I was just wrapping tape around various AA and 14500 cells
to use. It worked great doing this. But I really like the idea around the 17500 cells. They are a great balance for runtime and size for a pocketable light. This is one solid little light. I also really like the beam profile with the narrow optic (which
is not narrow per say and is very similar to a similar size reflect light but with a
smoother hotspot to spill transition).

RMSK site describes the Logan SS 17500 QTC as being able to use a 17500, 14500 or an AA alkaline. If I purchased this light, my intentions are to use an eneloop AA in it. You stated that in order to use an AA or a 17500, you had to wrap them.
Do you think an eneloop would rattle, or would I have to wrap it? Would waiting for the EL Capitan SS QTC for Eneloop AA use be better? Thanks you for any advice or suggestions.:)

archimedes

Flashaholic
RMSK site describes the Logan SS 17500 QTC as being able to use a 17500, 14500 or an AA alkaline. If I purchased this light, my intentions are to use an eneloop AA in it. You stated that in order to use an AA or a 17500, you had to wrap them.
Do you think an eneloop would rattle, or would I have to wrap it? Would waiting for the EL Capitan SS QTC for Eneloop AA use be better? Thanks you for any advice or suggestions.:)

Peak has been planning to release a battery adapter kit "soon", with spacers sized to fit the various different battery options (also to include AAA, CR123, perhaps others)....

The El Cap will be a bit smaller (thinner, specifically), and especially in the steel, somewhat lighter than the Logan 17500. I would guess that the Logan might also have a bit more throw to the beam, for the same optic choice.

sassaquin

Enlightened
Peak has been planning to release a battery adapter kit "soon", with spacers sized to fit the various different battery options (also to include AAA, CR123, perhaps others)....

The El Cap will be a bit smaller (thinner, specifically), and especially in the steel, somewhat lighter than the Logan 17500. I would guess that the Logan might also have a bit more throw to the beam, for the same optic choice.

Oooh, that sounds interesting and very practical. Looks like I'll be purchasing the Logan SS 17500 QTC and be on the look-out for the battery adapter kit while I'm lurking on RMSK everyday.:whistle:
Archimedes, thank you for the "heads-up" on the battery adapter kit and the differences between the two models.:)

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oooh, that sounds interesting and very practical. Looks like I'll be purchasing the Logan SS 17500 QTC and be on the look-out for the battery adapter kit while I'm lurking on RMSK everyday.:whistle:
Archimedes, thank you for the "heads-up" on the battery adapter kit and the differences between the two models.:)

The adapter kits should allow AA and CR123 cells to fit. But it is no problem putting a couple of tape wraps around a thinner cell such as the AA. I sometimes put one wrap around all my single cell lights to prevent any rattles and seems to work well.

I really like this 17500 cell configuration for the size and additional runtime. It fits great in the hand and still fits in the pocket well. In the past it would not be practical, but since you can get great AW cells for this as well as some others, no problem.

Lumenz

Enlightened
I was thinking about getting this light (in QTC) for my Bug Out Bag since it can use a variety of batteries. Can it use CR123A batteries as well as AA?

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Lumenz when the battery kit comes out it will be able to use AAA/CR size/AA/17500/14500
right now it can use only AA/14500/17500
Thanks
Bob