Benchmade 890 TORRENT, your thoughts.

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

I had a chance to handle and operate a Benchmade 890 Torrent today and I must say, Wow! I really liked this "ASSIST" open folder. As I get older (I'll be 56 next week) my hand dexterity is iffy at best and this is in part the reason I am impressed with this easy to open knife. I also like the way the knife feels in my hand, it's rather slim design and deep pocket carry design. Of course Benchmade quality is very nice. I have yet to replace my long lost Spyderco Endura and wonder if an "ASSIST" open Benchmade is the way to go ? I haven't ruled out Spyderco or other makers. I've also heard good things about Kershew as well. I'd very much appreciate your thoughts/suggestions/recommendations on a EDC pocket knife of this style/design.

Regards,
SixCats!

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi all,

Ummmm.....that Spyderco PARAMILITARY 2 sure do look sweeeet!

Regards,
SixCats!

AaronG

Enlightened
I had the 890 but passed it on to my Dad. I was just a little to bulky for me.

My main 'nice' knife is my bm 940, although if I could pick again I'd choose the 943. If you haven't checked it out it's worth a look. They're not assisted but the axis lock is so smooth you don't need it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
As AaronG said, with the Benchmade Axis locks, you don't need an assisted opener. Not only that, but you can close them with a flick as well, which is something you'll never do with an assisted opener.

SixCats!

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments. I'm going to check em out.

Regards,
SixCats!