Maxpedition - Bags and Packs
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 196

Thread: The DEFT EDC is out!

  1. #121

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Pulled the trigger and order an EDC today.

    Just had a thought though, does anyone know if there is a remote tail switch which will fit so that it can be weapon mounted?
    Olight M20, M21 & M30 Tiablo A9 Jetbeam RRT-1 Deft EDC
    AR15, CZ452, Anshutz 1417ZG, CS Rosson BLNE, Henry Monk SLE, Berreta Extrema2
    Ducati 1198s

  2. #122
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    7,067

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Badger View Post
    Pulled the trigger and order an EDC today.

    Just had a thought though, does anyone know if there is a remote tail switch which will fit so that it can be weapon mounted?
    You can send in your P60 light to Michael, and he can build a DEFT into your host.
    I may not be that bright, but my lights are!
    "I hate when I buy crap, so I try very hard not to sell it."
    -Gene Malkoff

  3. #123

    Buttrock Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Dude, this looks great and the entire presentation looks very polished. So much so that I had trouble figuring if you where behind it. ')

    But a quick read in CPF solved my puzzle. Like on the orig, I won't delay on this one.

    Wishing you only the best with this as you deserve it.
    Thanks
    X/BillyD..
    So much to learn, so little time.. ')
    DFW Texas Spring Fling CPF and LPF Flashapalooza, TBA? ')

  4. #124
    Flashaholic* bigchelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose,CA
    Posts
    3,362

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    I just placed an order

    October 1st you will all see an interesting shootout

    BigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

  5. #125
    Flashaholic* choppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    955

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Bought mine yesterday!!!!
    Choppers

  6. #126
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    7,067

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    And we have touchdown, love it Michael, thanks!

    Eye candy.





    I may not be that bright, but my lights are!
    "I hate when I buy crap, so I try very hard not to sell it."
    -Gene Malkoff

  7. #127
    Flashaholic* Obijuan Kenobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    You can send in your P60 light to Michael, and he can build a DEFT into your host.
    Is this true for any P60 light? Michael, if you could chime in?

    I'd send a TnC P60 host in for this treatment if it can be done. That sounds very cool.

    obi
    Stay sharp and bright for life.
    Have your knife and light handy at all times.
    Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

  8. #128
    Flashaholic* samuraishot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Nice, PSM! Great choice of a host for the mod!

  9. #129

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    PSM, that is one amazing 6P !

  10. #130
    Flashaholic* Morelite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,237

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Very nice 6P, I'm sending mine in as soon as it comes back from the Cerakote service.

  11. #131

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    You know, sometimes I browse the forum and see a flashlight that I semi-want. This is one of those that I absolutely want. I'm just not sure if I should pull the trigger now or later due to how much it costs. Are there any plans for any sort of upgrades or what not in the foreseeable future?

  12. #132
    Flashaholic* bigchelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose,CA
    Posts
    3,362

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Here is a small video of the only true and measured 40K lux I have. The 3D Mag XM-L at 720ish OTF and 40K lux is not really a fair comparisson, but my other Aspheric EDC build was not ready. It will be this next Saturday for the Aspheric EDC shootout.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMh2XF6CsY
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

  13. #133

  14. #134
    *Flashaholic* LuxLuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Yeah, nice video BC.

  15. #135
    Flashaholic* bigchelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose,CA
    Posts
    3,362

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    Yeah, nice video BC.
    Thanks guys, but thats nothing...wait till this Saturday for the EDC shootout.
    For sure another DEFT EDC I have vs. a 100% identical build but with a 2.1A driver and XR-E R2 EZ1000. Maybe some other pocket throwers I have in mind.

    My camera is the Sony NEX C3 and I can shoot the 720P video with all the settings 100% on manual.

    bigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

  16. #136

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Badger View Post
    Pulled the trigger and order an EDC today.

    Just had a thought though, does anyone know if there is a remote tail switch which will fit so that it can be weapon mounted?
    In theory a Surefire one should fit but one customer who tried it said it did not work. Don't remember why. I will look into it more myself and see if I can find one that will work.

    Quote Originally Posted by X_Marine View Post
    Dude, this looks great and the entire presentation looks very polished. So much so that I had trouble figuring if you where behind it. ')

    But a quick read in CPF solved my puzzle. Like on the orig, I won't delay on this one.

    Wishing you only the best with this as you deserve it.
    Thanks
    X/BillyD..
    Thanks a bunch BillyD!


    Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan Kenobe View Post
    Is this true for any P60 light? Michael, if you could chime in?

    I'd send a TnC P60 host in for this treatment if it can be done. That sounds very cool.

    obi
    Sorry the delayed response as I have been on vacation. Yes any P60 host will do as long as it is metal.

    Quote Originally Posted by sadboy View Post
    You know, sometimes I browse the forum and see a flashlight that I semi-want. This is one of those that I absolutely want. I'm just not sure if I should pull the trigger now or later due to how much it costs. Are there any plans for any sort of upgrades or what not in the foreseeable future?
    As with all companies I am always planning for the future. There is an upgraded one coming but the price will be significantly higher as well. It is rather hard to improve on what is already the industry's most intense light engine.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    Here is a small video of the only true and measured 40K lux I have. The 3D Mag XM-L at 720ish OTF and 40K lux is not really a fair comparisson, but my other Aspheric EDC build was not ready. It will be this next Saturday for the Aspheric EDC shootout.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMh2XF6CsY
    Thanks for the video BigC. I am of course curious to see how our two setups compare in their measurements. I tried to be a little on the conservative side and it appears, at least by the video, that I may be a little conservative after all. Can't wait to see what you measure my light at.

  17. #137
    Flashaholic* bigchelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose,CA
    Posts
    3,362

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    some pictures of the Glow Epoxy

    after
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

  18. #138
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Does anyone have any info on runtimes?

  19. #139

    Default

    Nice video bigc. Any idea how far away that buolding is? You have a nice view.

  20. #140

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Does anyone have any info on runtimes?
    I had them and them misplaced them.Expect about an hour and a half to two hours on a decent cell.

  21. #141
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Thanks! But what kind of 18650?

  22. #142

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Thanks! But what kind of 18650?
    This one is probably the best.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    It will be this next Saturday for the Aspheric EDC shootout.
    So how did the shootout go?

  23. #143
    Flashaholic* bigchelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose,CA
    Posts
    3,362

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    This one is probably the best.



    So how did the shootout go?

    Well, the meet went great. My buddy PCC had a difficult time doing the copper to LED bonding. So, just to have something ready for the CPF BBQ he put a 1.4A driver and XR-E on star which is not ideal. The DEFT has a hotspot about 50% smaller then the XR-E R2 EZ1000.

    Needless to say the DEFT won, but I want to eventually show a video review once PCC finalized the LED to copper bonding and 2.1A driver.

    bigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

  24. #144

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    Well, the meet went great. My buddy PCC had a difficult time doing the copper to LED bonding. So, just to have something ready for the CPF BBQ he put a 1.4A driver and XR-E on star which is not ideal. The DEFT has a hotspot about 50% smaller then the XR-E R2 EZ1000.

    Needless to say the DEFT won, but I want to eventually show a video review once PCC finalized the LED to copper bonding and 2.1A driver.

    bigC
    Without active cooling in my opinion 2.1A is too much for the XR-E. On top of that it is too much thermal load for a light that size and still most likely will not equal the DEFT-edc for throw. I matched my components the way I did for a reason Although that copper star I sent you is for an XM-L you can also use it to mount the XR-E if you think it would make things easier for him to get his LED mounted.

  25. #145

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    why does nobody add some videos and photos about deft edc for comparation?just afew

  26. #146

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by sehireskili View Post
    why does nobody add some videos and photos about deft edc for comparation?just afew
    for such a popular light, there sure isnt much pics of video is there? just got mine in today, i will try to post up some pics soon. pretty nice little light, it is much smaller than i expected.

  27. #147

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!









    not quite sure how to capture a good beam shot pic....these pictures are with a cell phone, and i am no photographer. this is one fun light! its like a laser beam out of the lens. i have a lumapower d65v r2 with a turboforce head i was comparing it to. throw is very similar i do believe, but i will have to play around some more. the difference is this is much more portable than the lumapower!
    Last edited by veedo; 10-15-2011 at 08:01 PM.

  28. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spearfish,SD/Williston,ND
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Where is page 6,7,8,9 and 10?

  29. #149
    Flashaholic* bigchelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose,CA
    Posts
    3,362

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by sehireskili View Post
    why does nobody add some videos and photos about deft edc for comparation?just afew
    I tried, but its impossible to find something in this size that will throw anywhere near how much this throws. So, I can do a video of similar size lights considered throw lights but at 12~15K lux they hardly throw at all.

    Maybe I can show a 350 OTF XR-E Lumapower D-mini with 35mm SMO bezel and 2A of current its at 24~25K lux due to the insane current and copper heatsink.

    Stay tunned as this will be a nice comparison, but currently the 2A driver is being put together.

    bigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

  30. #150

    Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    I tried, but its impossible to find something in this size that will throw anywhere near how much this throws.
    Love it. Just love it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •