Click to visit Lumintop new flashlights!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The DEFT EDC is out!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The DEFT EDC is out!

Apologies if I missed it somewhere in this long thread, but is there a beamshot or written description of the beam pattern close up, say 10 feet or less? Is the beam 2 inches wide, or 8 inches wide, or somewhere in between? And yes, I realize that's not the point of this light, but besides wanting the incredible throw, I have my own secondary purpose. thanks!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Talmadge View Post
    Apologies if I missed it somewhere in this long thread, but is there a beamshot or written description of the beam pattern close up, say 10 feet or less? Is the beam 2 inches wide, or 8 inches wide, or somewhere in between? And yes, I realize that's not the point of this light, but besides wanting the incredible throw, I have my own secondary purpose. thanks!

Joe
    I just took this one for you. The edc is 10 feet away.

Flashaholic*

Thanks! 7ish inches at about 10 feet, that's what I wanted to know!

Any suggestions on mounting this to a weapon?

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the diffuser. Funny thing, it came in the mail last week and my wife opened it up and was startled to find a blank piece of paper with a little disc that she thought my be anthrax or something! LOL! Glad she didn't throw it away.

I had this old flip up SF filter sitting around in my parts bin. It is awesome with the DEFT EDC. The diffsuion widens the beam enough to make it very useful up close, but it still has decent throw. Flip it up for some serious throw!

This flip up filter really does make this light EDC-able.

-PSM

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastToad View Post
    Any suggestions on mounting this to a weapon?
    I would imagine any one of those universal gunlight mounts would work just fine. The battery is double sprung and the light has no modes that would go crazy under recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
    Thanks for the diffuser. Funny thing, it came in the mail last week and my wife opened it up and was startled to find a blank piece of paper with a little disc that she thought my be anthrax or something! LOL! Glad she didn't throw it away.
    Anthrax?! Wow. Tell your wife I'm sorry I scared her with the diffuser. I suppose I should have written something on that piece of paper I stuck in there. Next time I'll take away all doubt and write "anthrax". On second thought that would be a very quick way to change occupations to license plate manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I had this old flip up SF filter sitting around in my parts bin. It is awesome with the DEFT EDC. The diffsuion widens the beam enough to make it very useful up close, but it still has decent throw. Flip it up for some serious throw!

This flip up filter really does make this light EDC-able.
    Hmm. I'll have to check it out and see if it will work with my light. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    I tried, but its impossible to find something in this size that will throw anywhere near how much this throws. So, I can do a video of similar size lights considered throw lights but at 12~15K lux they hardly throw at all.
    BigC, put yourself in a frame of mind of a couple years back and think about those last few words, which I found pretty amusing. It's amazing how fast our perspective has to change here.
    In the past we have had a light which flickered, in the present we have a light which flames, and in the future there will be a light which shines over all the land and sea.
    - Winston Churchill

Michael, went hog hunting this week, and the guy I went with was astounded by me DEFT EDC.

He wants one, but with a green emitter. I didn't even try to explain the emitter choice and whether the XP-C came in green. The reason he wants green, he said that the game can't see green light. I have no idea if that statement is true.

Soooo, can u build a DEFT EDC with a green XP-C?

Thanks!
    -PSM

Michael, went hog hunting this week, and the guy I went with was astounded by me DEFT EDC.

He wants one, but with a green emitter. I didn't even try to explain the emitter choice and whether the XP-C came in green. The reason he wants green, he said that the game can't see green light. I have no idea if that statement is true.

Soooo, can u build a DEFT EDC with a green XP-C?

Thanks!
    As a matter of fact I can and have built one with a green LED already. I have some more green LEDs so I can make another. I really do think the DEFT-edc is the ideal gun light it is just a matter of enough people knowing my lights exist. I think you have my email address and you are welcome to forward that on to him so he can get in touch with me.

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    As a matter of fact I can and have built one with a green LED already. I have some more green LEDs so I can make another. I really do think the DEFT-edc is the ideal gun light it is just a matter of enough people knowing my lights exist. I think you have my email address and you are welcome to forward that on to him so he can get in touch with me.
    Awesome, thanks Michael!! I'll just have him EM you, his name is Tim, not sure if he was serious or just blowing smoke.
    Last edited by PoliceScannerMan; 11-05-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    -PSM

Flashaholic*

Does one order the DEFT-EDC from the website or via email or PM? Also, any of the parts of the light SF compatible? Can I use a C-series typical? Any pocket clips work with the DEFT-EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by seattlite View Post
    Does one order the DEFT-EDC from the website or via email or PM? Also, any of the parts of the light SF compatible? Can I use a C-series typical? Any pocket clips work with the DEFT-EDC?
    There's a link from the website that leads to the store where it can be purchased. There's also the option to send in a 6P sized Surefire light for a custom installation of the light engine. I've done it to my C2 and it was well worth it!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by samuraishot View Post
    There's a link from the website that leads to the store where it can be purchased. There's also the option to send in a 6P sized Surefire light for a custom installation of the light engine. I've done it to my C2 and it was well worth it!
    Is the head just modded, thus legoable with other SF parts? Web store shows the DEFT-EDC is out of stock.

[QUOTE=seattlite;3789172]Does one order the DEFT-EDC from the website or via email or PM? Also, any of the parts of the light SF compatible?
    The website is fine unless you have something else you want that is not up there like a red or green LED version. I have had one customer say they could not get their Surefire tapeswitch to work with the DEFT-edc but I ordered an off brand one that was supposedly designed for Surefire and it works beautifully. The tailthreads at least should be Surefire compatible. Haven't tested the head yet but can if you want me to. Better to just have me mod your favorite P60 light instead.

Can I use a C-series typical?
    Not sure what your are asking. Sorry.

Any pocket clips work with the DEFT-EDC?
    I haven't looked into it yet.

Is the head just modded, thus legoable with other SF parts? Web store shows the DEFT-EDC is out of stock.
    The body and the head are modded and tuned to fit as a unit. The DEFT-edc is "out of stock" because I am about to release an updated version. I am working to get at least a small batch out this week. This will not be evolutionary as much as revolutionary. Same basic body with some differences but major performance improvements.

Can existing lights be "updated"?
    -PSM

PoliceScannerMan, can you say more about your experience hunting hogs with this light? That's exactly what I want it for.

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastToad View Post
    PoliceScannerMan, can you say more about your experience hunting hogs with this light? That's exactly what I want it for.
    I really cant say, we were only there for 45 min of darkness before the sun came up. I am not much of a hunter, but it threw the beam all the way down the road. If you are picking off hogs from a distance, you cant go wrong here!
    -PSM

What kind of performance difference can we expect from the New Deft EDC?

Thanks,
    Choppers

Quote Originally Posted by choppers View Post
    What kind of performance difference can we expect from the New Deft EDC?

Thanks,
    Well since the light is the same size as the existing DEFT-edc you can't expect the performance of the larger DEFT. That said my technology creates an LED with performance that otherwise wouldn't exist for many years to come. This is not like going from an R2 to an R3 like normal flashlight companies. More like going from an R2 to S4 but without increasing die size! But that is hardly the end of the story on improvements. More info to come when I start a thread for this new light.

Just damn.
    -PSM

Flashaholic*

Will the new DEFT-EDC be compatible with SF C-Series Tailcaps?

Can existing lights be "updated"?
    It's possible yes.
    Just damn.
    Frustrated at the march of technology? Sorry. There is solace in the fact that the DEFT-edc is still the industry's most potent P60 size thrower by far. In fact I don't see anyone catching up with it for a long long time.

Will the new DEFT-EDC be compatible with SF C-Series Tailcaps?
    It should be yes.

It's possible yes.
    Sweet! I hope it can, mine will be sent in!

Frustrated at the march of technology? Sorry.
    No, not frustrated at the march, just frustrated that mine is gonna be behind.
    -PSM

Enlightened

I would like to order one of the new ones. How do I do it? Sky

I am working to get at least a small batch out this week.
    How do we purchase the new edc? Should we keep checking your website or look for a sales thread here?

Thanks,
    Choppers

I will be starting a thread on it soon. I am just trying to gather information at this very moment like beamshots and such. Purchasing will actually happen on my site as the constant emailing back and forth like I used to have to do to finish the deal was a pain. As I have done for some time a notice will be sent out (once the first batch is done) to those on my email notification list first and then here.

Hi saabluster! Are past customers automatically already on your mailing list or do we need to sign up to be on it?

Quote Originally Posted by samuraishot View Post
    Hi saabluster! Are past customers automatically already on your mailing list or do we need to sign up to be on it?
    In theory yes. Depends on how far back you go though. I let some slip from time to time. I checked yours and I had your gmail account but not the yahoo one so I added that on as well so you should be covered.

I am just trying to gather information at this very moment like beamshots and such.
    Here's a thought: go out to a driving range at night and take pics of the EDC lighting up the yardage signs. No measuring needed, and the signs are usually white, which would provide a good reflection standard. Thoughts?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast