Yanks v Fish (Cubs vs Red Sox)

RevDavid

Enlightened
This has been my dream matchup for years...
Could it be at last? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif
Will be waiting and hoping.

David <><

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cubs vs Red Sox

I was thinking the same thing, even though neither one is my team. But then again, that matchup might remove the drama as ONE of them would HAVE to win! Are you a Rockies fan, RevDavid?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I've always wanted to see the Mariners and the Braves play one another in the post-season. Looks like this year ain't gonna be it though... the M's hung their bats up for the last time this year on Sunday night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm a New Englander and huge Red Sox fan but if they were to play and lose to the Cubs in the World Series, I wouldn't feel too bad. I personally do not want to see Yankees and Braves under any circumstances!

RevDavid

Enlightened

Actually, I am a Cubs fan. Next to the Cubs I like the Red Sox. I lived in New England for a number of years, but grew up a Cubs fan. I still root for the home team though, so I have been known to cheer for the Rockies, except maybe when they play the Cubs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

David <><

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The Cubs and Braves are playing again on KCPQ-13 here in Seattle.
So far, it's 0-0 top of the 2nd.

(Edit) Now it's 1-1 top of the 5th.
(Edit) Oh {vulgar term for feces}, now it's 3-1 Braves in the top of the 5th. Someone just hit a home run. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*

You know, if the Cubs and the Red Sox make it to the WS, they would figure out a way to BOTH lose. They would be snowed out or something

RevDavid

Enlightened

Charlie... you sound like a true Red Sox fan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

At least the Sox won tonight. They are backed into the corner, but still swinging.

Cubs just can't stand winning without some suspense. Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to see what they are ready to do.

Here's hoping! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

David <><

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

It's Cubs 5 Atlanta 1 bottom of the 9th if anyone's interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Edit) The Cubs won, and go to the NLCS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i live near atl but go cubs.they have real fans.im not a baseball fan at all.but if i was id suport local team

RevDavid

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

David <><

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am rooting for the Cubs. They'll have a tough time with the Marlins; certainly a good series to watch!

Even better: Red Sox vs Yankees. Around a 9.7 on the intensity meter!

RevDavid

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif So /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David <><

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The Cubs and Marlins are playing tonight on Fox, so we'll see how things go in another 10 hours or thereabouts.
I think they've each won 1 game apiece as of now.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Well, it's the Cubs ahead by 1 run in the 11th...it's still going, so I don't have a final yet.

(Edit) Cubs win in 11. Final was 5-4.
A Marlins runner was caught in a pickle between 2nd and 3rd, and was eventually tagged out to end the game.