Worst Brand/Model Name For Flashlight?

wuyeah

Enlightened
The Watchyouseek forum has this thread about the worse watch brand name that I thought it is funny to read. What is the worse brand name or model name in your opinion.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Re: Worse Brand/Model Name For Flashlight?

Fandyfire makes me wonder.

I mean what's a "Fandy" or what does "Fandy" refer to?

wuyeah

Enlightened

I was never into the brand name DORCY. For me it sounds girly.
Instead of SUNWAYLED or SUNWAYMAN why not just call SUNWAY

Nachtwacht

Newly Enlightened

I find the brand name 'Dark Sucks' kind of a strange way to promote a product... (darksucks.com)

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

There used to be a 1 x CR123a extension tube available for I think it was SureFire P and C series lights, called the "Detonator."

I always thougth that was rather poor marketing given the propensity of some poorly manufactured CR123s to :poof:

kramer5150

Flashaholic

I find the brand name 'Dark Sucks' kind of a strange way to promote a product... (darksucks.com)

... Well... it does doesn't it?
Go easy on Jason, he's a good guy. His shop is 10 minutes down the street from me. He does a lot of low volume machining and fabrication work for niche / enthusiast industries. Flashlights are his hobby, like all of us.

anyways can't think of any name that really annoys me enough to post here.

aimxplode

Enlightened

Another dislike for sunwayman. I don't know why they needed to print the whole website url onto the light..

archer6817j

Enlightened
Hah! I was going to submit my own name but you beat me to it! I agree that it's...unusual? People seem to remember it though and usually have a good laugh when I tell them in person. At least I don't print it on the lights :)

Norm

Retired Administrator

Dark Tort always sounded like some sort of chocolate cake to me.
Norm

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast

When I first heard of Gerber, I thought of baby food.

ganymede

Enlightened

Shiningbeam? Related to the Maoist freedom fighter?
Zebralight? How do you relate Zebra and light? Strip vs ringy beam?
4Sevens? David a Las Vegas goer?
Sunwayman? Fan of TV series "The Highway Man"?
Jillite?
DQG? How about XYZ, BYD, IBM, CNN, FTW, WTF?

There might be some special meaning to the names, please pardon my ignorance...

Nachtwacht

Newly Enlightened

... Well... it does doesn't it?
Go easy on Jason, he's a good guy. His shop is 10 minutes down the street from me. He does a lot of low volume machining and fabrication work for niche / enthusiast industries. Flashlights are his hobby, like all of us.

Hah! I was going to submit my own name but you beat me to it! I agree that it's...unusual? People seem to remember it though and usually have a good laugh when I tell them in person. At least I don't print it on the lights

No offense meant, Jason. I actually looked at your website and like the machining of your lights. Those Alpha series look really good. I bet you could easily market these to 'higher end' consumers willing to pay for elegant lights. In my opinion the name 'Dark Sucks' doesn't quite suit your products. I rather associate it with some of those $10,00 'tactical' rambo-like flashlights that 14 year old garden ninjas may find 'cool'. The brand name 'Dark Sucks' doesn't inspire confidence to me.

I don't have an MBA, but I can imagine this must be costing you business in the long run.

Be honest, Jason, and spit it out in the group... how much had you been drinking when registering that name? :)

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another vote for Sunwayman...I didn't mind Sunway, but then they added the "man" and it sounds weird. Dark Tort sounds strange as well.

And I kind of like Dark Sucks...and the lights are gorgeous!

Z-Tab

Enlightened

Sunwayman is terrible. I agree that the "man" ruins it. Sunway would work better... or at least they could stop putting their name on their lights.

I think Peak has a great company name, but the worst model names in the business. What the heck is an Eiger? A Logan? Very customer unfriendly model names.

Norm

Retired Administrator

I think Peak has a great company name, but the worst model names in the business. What the heck is an Eiger? A Logan? Very customer unfriendly model names.

Both are lights from their mountain series. Logan, Eiger.

Norm

Last edited:

brembo

Enlightened

Norm said:
Dark Tort always sounded like some sort of chocolate cake to me.
Norm

Well, torte IS a type of cake. Chocolate even. I'd assume the words are pronounced similarly. Beautifully made light too.

Last edited:

CheepSteal

Enlightened

+1 for FandyFire. I mean, cmon, it's not even a word...
Sunwayman is also pretty bad, if I ever carried one, I would not be proud to tell people the brand name.
I also don't like Zebralight..makes me think of some crappy light you'd buy at the zoo for kids.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Surefire or Terralux are the coolest to me.