Foods you love that some people find disgusting

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love fried chicken gizzards and pickled pigs feet, and my family members find it absolutely disgusting. I don't know why, fried gizzards and franks red hot sauce? mmm, that's livin:)

Pickled pigs feet has been one of my favorite snack foods for as long as I can remember, just don't tell the ladies, you might wind up going home alone that night:D

What foods do you guys love that some find disgusting?

Inaflash

Newly Enlightened
I love fried chicken gizzards and pickled pigs feet, and my family members find it absolutely disgusting. I don't know why, fried gizzards and franks red hot sauce? mmm, that's livin:)

Pickled pigs feet has been one of my favorite snack foods for as long as I can remember, just don't tell the ladies, you might wind up going home alone that night:D

What foods do you guys love that some find disgusting?

Do you prepare your own pickled pigs feet or do you buy them in bulk?

OCD

Enlightened
+1 on the fried gizzards! Love 'em! Smoked beef tongue and beef heart too! My grandfather raised cattle and our we butchered our own beef. Nothing went to waste. Its been a while since I had one, but a good fried beef brain sandwich with some thick slices of onion is pretty good too. Not sure if it gets more disgusting that that! :sick2:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any of you guys like Andrew Zimmern's "Bizarre Foods" on the travel channel? I love that show because I can relate to his bizarre taste in foods, however it's sad that alot of the foods showcased on that show I will probably never get to try. I can honestly say that I would probably eat, or at least try, 80% of the stuff that he has eaten. What was most shocking was of all the foods he had eaten up until this point, it was durian, a fruit of all things, that got em.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sashimi is on the top of my list, but the "gross" factor is quickly fading because of the ubiquity of the "roll". Cow's stomach lining in a popular Filipino soup is delicious. Can't remember what it's called. Looks and tastes like Cream of Chicken (which is what I thought it was at first) but with diced cow's stomach lining and white rice mixed in. Once I started digging in and I was informed of what it was, there was no going back lol.

I also LOVE natto, a Japanese dish. It's stinky (depending on who you ask :D ), slimy fermented soybeans served on white rice. Add Nori and I'll take that over sushi any day. I would eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!!!

I ate frog legs once and they were pretty darn good. Felt bad for the little froggies though.

Are you sure this isn't a thread for delicious food? :)

Mathiashogevold: Snurring looks a lot like SPAM. Good stuff if you cook it right. Pan fry a few slices in teriyaki sauce and make a "maki" with dried seaweed on a roll of rice. BAM!

Last edited:

Larbo

Enlightened
Besides chicken livers and hearts, whole baby octopus is at the top of my list, I would tell my wife about growing up and eating at my grandparents house ( 100% Italian). Last year at an Italian festival nearby she tried to be a smart *** by getting me a baby octopus in olive oil and garlic and daring me to eat it. You should have seen the look on her face and my kids faces when I popped the whole thing in at once and chewed it up..priceless. Btw those are excellent as are frog legs.

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides chicken livers and hearts, whole baby octopus is at the top of my list, I would tell my wife about growing up and eating at my grandparents house ( 100% Italian). Last year at an Italian festival nearby she tried to be a smart *** by getting me a baby octopus in olive oil and garlic and daring me to eat it. You should have seen the look on her face and my kids faces when I popped the whole thing in at once and chewed it up..priceless. Btw those are excellent as are frog legs.

That's eaten raw isn't it?

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black Licorice.

A classic, but apparently a love it or hate it sort of thing. Not really a food, but a candy.

Steve Kurt

(no one has mentioned Marmite or Vegemite yet??)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Had a friend who was not pleased when I'd open and eat a can of sardines, with nothing to eat with them. Seems okay to me.

Geoff

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would consider giving up the fried cow brains even if you love the taste.. If there was ever a good way to infect yourself with mad cow disease, that is it, and you can't cook that stuff dead, as it is a prion.